Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Need iphone 3gs fixed

Methos

I still have my old iphone - haven't used it in well over a year. The only issue is an annoying error message something like "This device is not compatible...." which pops up all the time even when nothing is connected. The phone works perfectly and is unlocked & jailbroken. I'm guessing the connector at the bottom of the phone has some sort of short and the phone thinks something is connected when it isn't. I assume I just need that connector replaced - but I could be wrong.

I never looked into this at home as I figure it will be expensive to fix here and just not worth it.

Other than just saying "Tukom", can anyone recommend a specific place in Pattaya to bring the phone? Maybe a place someone has had an iphone fixed before?

Secondly, how much do you think this is worth if I sell it while I'm there? It's a 3gs with 16gb, unlocked & jailbroken. I lost the headphones but am getting an oem pair in the mail any day.

Thanks in advance.......

Have you tried doing a full software restore on iTunes and set up as a new phone, do not back up from iCloud or your computer as it could be a software issue.

I used to get that message when I used a cheap aftermarket USB charger or dock.

I've got and old 3GS 32gb officially unlocked which is only worth about £100 now.

Unfortunately I don't know of a place in PTY but I'm sure a BM can point you in the right direction.

As mentioned, try a full restre first.

You may be surprised at how little it costs to get repaired on your home country.

Not sure about Canada, but where I'm from there are quite a lot of small repair shops run by folks from Chinese/Hong Kong who can carry out all types of repairs.

I wouldn't be surprised if its just dirt or something inside which could be fixed in 5 minutes for minimal damage. If you're brave, you can YouTube ways in which to open the casing to maybe give it a good clean.

Good luck.

Like I said, haven't used the phone in a long time. Recently a friend needed it for his kid (who had lost his iphone) so I dug it up and gave it to him. He got it jailbroken & unlocked but then found his phone and didn't need it. So, it's been as "restored" as it's getting. I'm not putting it back through itunes as that would lock it to the provider here again.

Cleaning it out is a good suggestion. I think it might be a short in the connector. If the thing is really not worth much now I will probably keep it. I would still like to get that issue fixed and maybe I'll just use over there instead of my samsung. I'll still bring it and see if I can find a place over there - if anyone has a suggestion where let me know.

Archived