Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Prepaid SIM Cards - 1 x Iphone 4S , 1 x Blackberry - Which ones to buy?

tihom

I am looking for 2 prepaid mobile SIM cards for usage in Bangkok and Pattaya for a week. Please advise what to buy as per my requirements below:

No. of days - 7 days

Locations - Bangkok and Pattaya

1 SIM card is for a Blackberry Plan which will let me use BBM and check emails.

1 SIM card (micro-sim) for Iphone 4S which will let me browse in 3G speeds. Max 2GB of 3G data required as such.

Please suggest where do I buy and what do I buy in Pattaya for my usage.

12Call. Buy them at the airport. Do you not have a bb with accesspoint functionality. Use bb on data with ap on when you want to use iphone run it on bb wifi.

I think 650 baht for 2gb a month on 3g

If you go in the country take 12call netsim 2 ( both ais and tot towers used for more cover)

Or you use the iphone as wifi ap if possible and use bb over wifi. Why 2 sims

question, I have an AT&T iphone 4 that I would like to use while in LOS, when I arrive, can I get it unlocked, and put a new sim card in it, then return it to AT&T service by putting back the original sim card upon my return?

or is there a way to have my phone work with a thai number some other way? ie: dual numbers?

not cell phone savvy at all, obviously...

question, I have an AT&T iphone 4 that I would like to use while in LOS, when I arrive, can I get it unlocked, and put a new sim card in it, then return it to AT&T service by putting back the original sim card upon my return?

or is there a way to have my phone work with a thai number some other way? ie: dual numbers?

sorry not enough knowledge on apple. I wiuld guess you can get it unlocked at tuk.com and after just enter the other sim. But not 100% sure

thanks... may just go without phone in LOS on this trip, not really necessary on last one... keep going back and forth...

Go to bigC buy a 999 baht simple phone. I picked up a 800 baht simple phone with dual sim up from amsterdam airport a few weeks back. Have your thai sim and private sim from home in there and only need to cary one phone

Simply put, yes.

As long as you unlock the phone, you can swap SIMs all you want with no issues.

Considering how old an iPhone 4 is (no insult intended, I have one as well), it's

probably out of the first 2 year contract by now. If so, you should be able to take

it to an AT&T store and have them unlock it for you.

Official AT&T info about it here: http://www.att.com/e...bid=QwSIxv5GQNa

I am looking for 2 prepaid mobile SIM cards for usage in Bangkok and Pattaya for a week. Please advise what to buy as per my requirements below:

No. of days - 7 days

Locations - Bangkok and Pattaya

1 SIM card is for a Blackberry Plan which will let me use BBM and check emails.

1 SIM card (micro-sim) for Iphone 4S which will let me browse in 3G speeds. Max 2GB of 3G data required as such.

Please suggest where do I buy and what do I buy in Pattaya for my usage.

12Call has bb plan for 1 week with bbm and email for something like 79 baht for 7 days

I need 2 sims because 1 is for me and 1 for my partner. I use BB while she uses Iphone 4S. We want separate SIM cards.

12call 7 day bb pack bbm + email at 79 baht

12 call 1 month data 1gb i believe 350 baht

+ cost of sim and some call credit

Get it at the ais counter at the airport and they set it up for you

• 2 weeks later...

I use a BB in Oz. I was in Th 2 mths ago. I purchased a True sim card and preloaded 300bht. I had major drams with the incompatability of BB & True sim card. I eventually sorted it out after spending a lot of time goggling solutions. now - I use a second phone(Nokia) just for Th and this works.

Archived