IGNORED

Links to different AD sites in text - am i the only one?

The last few days i noticed that in all threads i read (or in my responds) i suddenly get links to adds (typically datingsites) in a few words of the text, Is this only applying to me or is it something PA has implemented to make money?

BTW i am using Firefox and Chrome and it is the same in both browsers

Same happened here - just the two words "ma.e Mo**ey" did the trick . not a dating site but a site advertising for inves*men* (sorry for the asterix but do not want more links...

example.jpg

Everyone has the right to my opinion

The last few days i noticed that in all threads i read (or in my responds) i suddenly get links to adds (typically datingsites) in a few words of the text, Is this only applying to me or is it something PA has implemented to make money?

BTW i am using Firefox and Chrome and it is the same in both browsers.

Can you provide an example? It may be that you have picked up a virus.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have had a look at your posts and can't see any links that you haven't obviously added yourself.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Thx Scumbag for your prompt reply.

I have just edited my post to incliude a pic. I do not hope i have picked up a virus - but even in your reply i see the link to the m*k* Mone* words i wrote - so i am not so comfortable...????

Can you provide an example? It may be that you have picked up a virus.

Added a pic in my first post - even there it made a link - and also in your answer.

I suspect you have unwanted guests on your computer. If it's the same as described below, it's clever malware. Good luck.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/53437-how-to-make-money-online-so-you-can-live-in-thailand/page__st__1150#entry1962072

Thx Scumbag for your prompt reply.

I have just edited my post to incliude a pic. I do not hope i have picked up a virus - but even in your reply i see the link to the m*k* Mone* words i wrote - so i am not so comfortable...????

I don't see the link so must be something on your computer.

I suspect you have unwanted guests on your computer. If it's the same as described below, it's clever malware. Good luck.

http://www.pattaya-a...50#entry1962072

Thx - downloaded a malware remover - it didnt find anything - but still beleive you ar right - just have to keep on trying to locating the shite and get writ of it...

I don't see the link so must be something on your computer.

Hi,

Yes - i do beleive it is on my computer - trying hard to locate it and get it deleted. Thx a lot for your help! This is a great forum - not only can you obtain (and give) information about patts - members are helping you out with your PC problems as well :001_Thank_You5:

Did a more thouroughly search (5 H) and it found 9 different malware programs - they should all be removed now so hopefully problem is resolved,

Thanks again for your help!

Well here i am again - problem not solved, but i found out that it is something called "coupons drop-down". Tried 3 different malware apps but they didnt find it - anyone knows how to delete it?

Well here i am again - problem not solved, but i found out that it is something called "coupons drop-down". Tried 3 different malware apps but they didnt find it - anyone knows how to delete it?

Put 'how to remove coupon drop down' into Google and a whole list comes up. Let us know if you find something that works.

Put 'how to remove coupon drop down' into Google and a whole list comes up. Let us know if you find something that works.

Just tried that - and uninstalled all extensions i have installed - but is seems that the coupon drop down just wont go. Will keep trying and sure i will let you know if it finally works... (seems pretty harmless though but want to get writ of it anyway)

BTW again - thax for your prompt answer - think i owe you one :Chokdee:

Did a lot of research on the internet - tried a lot of tricks, but it wouldnt go - until i deleted the coupon drop down cookie from my cache as well (thought it had been removed by the apps i used). Seems to have solved the problem . as least as for now.

Have you installed anything recently? Bandoo for example. Bandoo is notorious for installing add ons and preventing their removal by normal means.

No - only thing i have installed recently is FreeYoutube2MP3 converter. - dont think the problem is in that - Bandoo i have never heard of and dont know whati it is/does.

Edit:Just googled Bandoo - its about funny icons - and No havent installed that

I had this problem before, words like hotel, and had a conversation with Scumbag somewhere.

I got rid of it, but can't remember how at present.

It's back on my PC but not on my Laptop .......yet.

Archived