IGNORED

Guest friendly hotels in Chaweng Koh Samui

BigWoody

Hey mate i stayed at chaweng resort in 2010 and it was guest friendly, i recently stayed at chaweng cove resort with my girl . There was a sign in the room that said 300 bt to bring a guest back.

Cheers Kojak

I'll give the Chaweng Resort a look, I know through a friend, that some of the hotels are really exploiting this aspect of a guest fee , I've been advised just to stipulate a room for 2 people initially on check-in thus circumnavigating an additional fee. :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers Kojak

I'll give the Chaweng Resort a look, I know through a friend, that some of the Hotels are really exploiting this aspect of a guest fee , I've been advised just to stipulate a room for 2 people initially on check-in thus circumnavigating an additional fee. :GoldenSmile1:

Email and ask about a joiner fee.

Yes the room is booked for 2 people but that is 2 people checked in on arrival. That doesn't include a nightly rotating guest. If you email and they say there is a joiner fee arguing with them at the desk in the early hours of the morning will get you nowhere.

I stayed at Ark Bar Junior Suites, no joiner fee.

• 7 months later...

I can tell you that Arc Bar Resort and the ultra cheap and crappy P&P Resort right beside it never charged me a damn dime extra.  In fact, I got noticeably better maid service, front desk service and better general attitude as staff noticed and saw that I was with different TG in the morning on several occasions.  I even got a big smile and a thumbs up from the early 40's woman who was the front desk manager when she saw me walking a girl to the beach area in the early morning.  She used to be one of those girls in her younger years I was left thinking.

They like the fact that I'd eat there, have a drink and generally me and who ever I was with were in great moods.  Staff notices this and apparently were fine with it despite signs to the contrary.

Being right beside Arc Bar was great as you could hang out there for the best music and vibe in the day and early evening before things heated up on Green Mango.

When you're fucking, its life.  Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

I can tell you that Arc Bar Resort and the ultra cheap and crappy P&P Resort right beside it never charged me a damn dime extra.  In fact, I got noticeably better maid service, front desk service and better general attitude as staff noticed and saw that I was with different TG in the morning on several occasions.  I even got a big smile and a thumbs up from the early 40's woman who was the front desk manager when she saw me walking a girl to the beach area in the early morning.  She used to be one of those girls in her younger years I was left thinking.

They like the fact that I'd eat there, have a drink and generally me and who ever I was with were in great moods.  Staff notices this and apparently were fine with it despite signs to the contrary.

Being right beside Arc Bar was great as you could hang out there for the best music and vibe in the day and early evening before things heated up on Green Mango.

Like you say as long as your spending your money it tends to keep everybody happy more ArkBar info and Samui clubber info here http://www.kosamuinightlife.com/ark-bar-koh-samui-thailand/

Even as a full on rookie to the LOS scene, I'll venture to say that Arc Bar on Friday evenings has got to be one of the coolest places to start your weekend.  The DJ on the platform above the pool is absolutely hammering out great club music onto that beach together with a lasers directed at the sand.  There is also the fire show.  That said, the single woman situation is hit and miss, quite a few couples and a little heavy on the tourist (probably hotel guests) end of the spectrum.    Yes, there are some Thai girls, but is an early scene and few are out that early.  That aside, it is a great vibe in a stunning setting.  Certainly worth checking out early evening, ~10pm till the place empties by 12p

I will upload a video in the next few days from a Friday night and link it here for grins. 

When you're fucking, its life.  Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

Even as a full on rookie to the LOS scene, I'll venture to say that Arc Bar on Friday evenings has got to be one of the coolest places to start your weekend.  The DJ on the platform above the pool is absolutely hammering out great club music onto that beach together with a lasers directed at the sand.  There is also the fire show.  That said, the single woman situation is hit and miss, quite a few couples and a little heavy on the tourist (probably hotel guests) end of the spectrum.    Yes, there are some Thai girls, but is an early scene and few are out that early.  That aside, it is a great vibe in a stunning setting.  Certainly worth checking out early evening, ~10pm till the place empties by 12p

I will upload a video in the next few days from a Friday night and link it here for grins. 

Some ArkBar videos & Samui Stuff here http://www.youtube.com/user/KohSamuiNightlife

Archived