IGNORED

New hotel/apartment Pattaya new plaza

majicjockey

Does any know the name of the new place just opened in new plaza

A name or contact would nice thanks in advance

Does any know the name of the new place just opened in new plaza

A name or contact would nice thanks in advance

NP Residence its called

Regarding NP Residence. I am wanting to book a room here for February but I cannot trace their website.

If anybody could supply a link it would be much appreciated.

They dont have a website. I checked it out when looking for a room for january-april. I saw the actual rooms and also had an email conversation with the manager. Here is the info:

Dear Edward,

Thank you for interesting in our serviced apartment.

We are fully furnished serviced apartment for rent.

At the moment, we still have rooms available during your mentioned period.

Our monthly rates are as follows:

Type A : 15,000 Baht

Type B : 21,000 Baht

Type C : 16,000 Baht

- Utilities are seperated

- Free Wifi

- 1 month deposit

- Room cleaning : 3 times a week

This above rate valid until 15 Dec 2012. Book now to reserve this rate til March 2013

You are welcome to stop by for taking a look from 9.00am - 7.00pm. everyday.

Your Sincerely,

NP Residence Team

IMG_1238.JPG

Types C and A are medium sized, about 35 sq. meters. Type B was bigger, had a sofa, a walk in closet. I think their main competitor is D Apartment wich is 100m away. D Apartment is more expensive, bus has bigger TV's, has a swimming pool and cleaning more often. Otherwise the conditions are pretty similar.

I didn't book the room because I decided that for a stay as long as mine a studio is too small, so I found a condo, but for a holiday, a pretty decent option I think.

The new plaza beer bar complex is 20 meters away, and there are bars right opposite the NP Residence, so I guess it might be quite noisy at night time.

Wrote to them - the price per night is a tad high. Requested some pics but they politely declined!!

Forget health clinics and gyms. Sex is the best cure. One good night of sex and your problems are gone.

Cannot understand why they do not have a website. I keep checking Agoda, Bookings.Com etc. but no sign of them there. I guess with it being high season they are filling the place from passing trade and from regular visitors that know the location is perfect! As tourister says daily rates are high but the monthly charges seem ok. Will keep looking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Stayed there from 4th December to 31st December....paid 15000...was the first Person in the room. Nice room with safe and wifi....deposit was 15000 also (very steep) but water and elec was less than 1500 for the 28 days. They have dropped their deposit now to 7000 for a monthly stay. Price per night is 1100 bht. Staying there again from 4th may for 2 weeks paying the nightly rate. I know it's a bit expensive but in my opinion it's pretty safe as you need a pass card to enter the lift of stairs as it has a security door and its central. Used to stay in the VM Terrace just around the corner on soi bukhaow but I find this place now old and dated compared to the newer np residence....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right in this topic I've found this message from Igiow87. Within that message there's also a picture of a business card of NP Residence. Somehow I don't understand how you could have missed it. Anyway, the correct e-mail address is [email protected] also to be found in the business card.

npresidence_businesscard.jpg

Ad optimum.

• 4 weeks later...

Just hoping for a little heads up about NP Residence from anyone who might have stayed there or have booked a similar apartment. I have booked a room for 21k for this December but after chatting with a mate I am a little unsure about one thing.

Email from the hotel states

Standard Room
*15,000/baht per month
*deposit 15,000/baht
Coner Room+More window
*16,000/baht per month
*deposit 16,000/baht
Bigger Room+Sofa and Walk-in Wardrobe
*21,000/baht per month
*deposit 21,000/baht

Anyway, I have sent the 21k and received confirmation of receipt so the room is sorted ok.  Now I was under the presumption that all is sorted & I just need to pay for water & electricity when I leave mid January.

However, my mate reckons I will still need to pay another 21k when I get there for the month in December, but later receive back the 21k deposit less the cost of water & electricity at the end of the 4 weeks.

I could ask the hotel themselves again, but they seem from previous correspondence not to be clear on what they want so personal experience from board members would be appreciated. TBH, I realise that the cost of the month is 21k regardless, I was just wondering if I needed to show up front with another 21k that they would simply hold onto for the 4 weeks before returning it to me.

Stayed there from 4th December to 31st December....paid 15000...was the first Person in the room. Nice room with safe and wifi....deposit was 15000 also (very steep) but water and elec was less than 1500 for the 28 days. They have dropped their deposit now to 7000 for a monthly stay. Price per night is 1100 bht.

I was just wondering if I needed to show up front with another 21k that they would simply hold onto for the 4 weeks before returning it to me.

from reading Joey69's post , it looks like you will have to pay the rent and the deposit. I'm not sure i'd want to risk 21k for just one months stay, I normally stay in guesthouses, which are fully equipped with big tv and dvd, fridge etc, and the largest deposit I've been asked for was 1k.

Ask about the electric and if you can check your meter, if its the same place a guy was talking about a couple weeks back who stayed there was charged over 4k for electric and he questioned it but was told could not see the meter, just a heads up, it may not have been this place but still worth knowing before you start your stay.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 8 months later...

from reading Joey69's post , it looks like you will have to pay the rent and the deposit. I'm not sure i'd want to risk 21k for just one months stay, I normally stay in guesthouses, which are fully equipped with big tv and dvd, fridge etc, and the largest deposit I've been asked for was 1k.

I am arriving next week any suggestions for accommodation, fast internet is important dont want to break the bank.

OH YEH BABY

The Grooviest supplier of UK TV anywhere on the Planet with 48 Servers around the Globe   :Chained_Desk:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/259202-uk-iptv-boxes-full-uk-skytv-bbc-itv-etc/

Pattaya Facebook Page

I stayed here December - January for 1 month and I would not stay there again if they offered to pay me my weight in gold. The location is great as you can get anywhere easily by baht bus on Bukhoaw or 2nd road. I had the largest room on the 7th floor. Even for Thailand, the bed was the hardest I have ever had the misfortune to sleep on and the bed construction was shoddy resulting in the headboard banging loudly on the wall during boom boom. The room itself was OK, if a bit spartan, and showing signs of wear even so soon after opening.

However, the big issue was a scam (can't call it anything else) being run between the chief receptionist and the maid. I left a 50 baht tip every day the maid was due, but after about the fifth day we (my Thai wife) and I were told at reception we needed to pay several hundred baht for extra laundry on a dirty sheet and to replace a dirty bathroom mat. Under duress we paid, hoping that was the end of it. Not likely ! From then on we were presented with bill after bill for additional laundry, even after we took bedclothes to the nearby laundry ourselves for same day cleaning to try and derail their scheme. Unfortunately I had pre-paid for the whole month in addition to sending a 10k deposit when booking otherwise we would have been gone like a flash. I kept asking to see the manager which the receptionist refused. On one occasion, during a full on stand-up row with the receptionist, when I said I would not move from reception until I spoke to a manager after yet another demand to pay for a new bathroom mat, she called someone then said "oh mistake - not your room". Put me in such a foul mood that I couldn't shake it off and ruined the night.  Topped off at the end by deducting 2500 baht from my deposit for extra cleaning of bed linen I was just glad to see the back of this dump. I have been tp Pattaya 10 times and stay in hotels at home and abroad frequently for work and have never encountered anything like this ! I should point out that on every occasion we were charged the linen / bath mat was not soiled as such, just normal build up when your room is only cleaned 3 times per week. Strongly advise you give the NP Residence a wide berth.

There's no way i'd put a deposit that big down on a place to stay. not in the land of scams, not anywhere.

I ended up booking this hotel and stayed for a month over the New Year. The place itself was OK, location great etc.  However I did get hit by the dirty bed sheet story too.  Admittedly there was a tiny amount of blood on the sheet so we took it to the local laundry and had it cleaned no problem.  Then on the final day as I was waiting for the taxi to the airport, same again.  Didn't have chance to check the bedding myself as I was in reception but they ended up deducting 2300 from my deposit for the cleaning.

• 1 month later...

Very noisy from bars front of hotel and on the side by New Plaza bar complex with their blasting loud speakers. Karoke bar across the hotel is very very noisy. Live band blasting music is even worse.

A friend of mine stayed here a few months ago. I went there to pay a deposit for him and took a look at the rooms. I wasn't overly impressed at the decor for the price and thought he could have done better. He also agreed with another poster about the hard bed, the unfriendly counter staff and the noise from the bats/karaoke.

Archived