IGNORED

Toscana Restaurant - Beach Road, Pattaya

alexvsaf

My favourite italian restaurant in Pattaya is the Toscana Restaurant, located on Beach Road, between Soi 6 and soi 5.

I think this is a biggest italian restaurant in the city with aounrd 600 seats between the inside area and outisde area.

Italian food (especially tuscan food), thai food and wide selection of wines.

Prices are slightly higher in comparison with many Italian restaurants, but the portions are very generous.

Here you can find some Italian specialties that are not found elsewhere

SAM_0982.JPG

SAM_0983.JPG

SAM_0984.JPG

SAM_0985.JPG

SAM_0986.JPG

SAM_0987.JPG

photos part II

SAM_0988.JPG

SAM_0990.JPG

SAM_0991.JPG

SAM_0992.JPG

SAM_0993.JPG

SAM_0994.JPG

Thanks for the review. I always want to go eat in this restaurant and never do. What are the prices for a meal ?

My favorite place for starters and wine... Love their air dried beef, artichokes, pepers, salami, etc... :) Great selection of wine as well... But like the OP said, it can be a bit pricey.

What are the prices for a meal ?

i dont remember exactly. i try to give you some prices.

Mixed italian cold cuts small 290b - large 450b

ravioli duck with truffle sauce 420b

sausages with vegetables or french fries 380b

various kind of pasta from 200/250b to 420b

carpaccio tuna 290b

carpaccio beef with rocket and parma chese 350b

fried schinitzel with french fries 420b

guinea fowl with vegetables or potatoes 650b

marrowbone with vegetables or potatoes 650b

Pizza from 200b up

Thanks for the photos and for bringing back the memories.

Tried it once, was completely underwhelmed by the service and the food was unmemorable.

To be fair, it was 4 or 5 years ago though so it might be worth another try but in a restaurant this size its almost impossible to find and train and retain decent staff surely? Then it becomes luck of the draw as to who your service staff is on the night.

You say the portions were big but thats hardly an endorsement that the food was good is it?

One of the best Italian restaurant in the city but too pricy and the plates are not generous.

Pizzas and pastas are pretty good but don't be too hungry because you must take a dessert !

wines expensive as well (imported).

i dont remember exactly. i try to give you some prices.

Mixed italian cold cuts small 290b - large 450b

ravioli duck with truffle sauce 420b

sausages with vegetables or french fries 380b

various kind of pasta from 200/250b to 420b

carpaccio tuna 290b

carpaccio beef with rocket and parma chese 350b

fried schinitzel with french fries 420b

guinea fowl with vegetables or potatoes 650b

marrowbone with vegetables or potatoes 650b

Pizza from 200b up

Thank you !

Went there once and never again, way way way over priced for the food and drink and staff were un helpful in particular the Italians who work there.

Complete waste of time and would never go back again even if they paied for the meal.

Anyway why eat Italian food in Thailand ?????

One Life, Live It !!!!!!!!

Hmm looks like very mixed reviews here.

When I first saw the post I thought "you beauty..another place to try" but now I'm not so sure.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I'll stick up for Toscana. Service is the issue. Slow and dumbed down. If your in a hurry, this is not the place. Some items on the menu are better than others as indicated in previous posts. The wine Quality and prices and selection are some of the best in town. Luca, the owner, has been a successful restaurateur in Pattaya for 15 plus years and a great guy. He raises much of the veggies and fowl that is served on his own farm. The Porterhouse Steak (for two) is one of the best Steaks in town. The anti pasta is fabulous. The lamb is great. The veal is good. The pasta ok, but not as good as my own. Gian's, next to Bruno's is another good choice, but after Gian's you'll think Toscana is inexpensive. Toscana has Great location, nice ambiance and out door garden seating, easy to reach walking or baht bus, easy motoci parking, challenging car parking. Worth a try for sure. If you want attentive service, call one of the non Thai staff over and set your expectations.

Being an Italian from Melbourne Australia I cannot rate this restaraunt higher! The quality of ingredients and the presentation of perfectly cooked dishes are just amazing! Prices are very reasonable for imported goods, ingredients and wines.

Me and my friend shared 1LT of wine, ceaser salad and air dried beef starters and for mains sea bass with clams and duck raviolli with black truffle sauce. We finished with an espresso and biscuit each then a glass of amaretto liquor which i was shocked to receive a glass which had approx 90ml instead of the usual 30ml serving.

All the foods were very fresh, tasted like nothing I have tasted before and were served by friendly and helpful staff! Bill came to 3100BHT and happily left 600BHT tip.

Will be back again SOON!!

pattttttaya.gif

over priced

over rated

much better italian restaurants in pattaya,

went first time was'nt feeling crash hot so thought id try a few nights later the food and service was even worse on the second time ,bland food and arragant staff, not worth the walk and defenatly not the price.

Archived