IGNORED

Homeland Security and FBI Labeling Photographers as Potential Terrorists

phuketrichard

This scares me

So glad i do NOT live in AmeriKa;

Photographers are still being classified as potential terrorists in a newly released document from the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI

and this really freaks me out,

"two months ago, it began encouraging citizens to photograph other citizens who take suspicious photographs in order to report them to Homeland Security."

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/12/08/homeland-security-and-fbi-release-document-once-again-labeling-photographers-as-potential-terrorists-26/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pakalert+%28Pak+Alert+Press%29

the idea is once again to disunite Americans... it is becoming worse than the old Soviet system where everyone is suspicious of everyone else and there is a bogeyman around every corner... there is acutally a reward system in place that was somewhat advertised about "reporting your neighbor as a terrorist"... Orwell was right he was just a bit early... 1984 is here.... it USED TO BE A GREAT COUNTRY...

America has done it to it's self, (I'm an American) living in Mexico

and glad I am, the people voted for Obama so they must like the

bullshit he is putting out. At 67 I can still remember what America

stood for "FREEDOM" sorry to say "not any more"

A SMART MONKEY IS A MONKEY THAT DOESN'T MONKEY WITH ANOTHER MONKEY'S MONKEY.

most ridiculous thing is that the majority of Ameicans did likely not vote for Obama... the feds no longer require states to require picture i.d. to vote so you can guess the fraud is ridiculously high... in essence Obama's allowing 11 million more illegals a fast track to citizenship is little more than outright vote buying... the level of courruption is right there with Mexico at the upper levels...

This scares me

So glad i do NOT live in AmeriKa;

and this really freaks me out,

http://www.pakalertp...ak Alert Press)

While those sound like legitimate concerns, I have yet to have anyone report me for walking around with my D90 with battery grip (very conspicuous), nor have I had the FBI pay any visits to my house. I am willing to bet that there are far, far (did I say far?) worse things the FBI and American government are up to, so this really doesn't bother me at all. I'm more immediately concerned with modern wire tapping and online profiling from the FBI, but I'd never be able to prove that it happens. That being said, I'm still proud to be American. Maybe not so proud that I'd write an incoherent, rambling post about it (see post under Barstool Banter), but proud enough to take slight offence to someone saying they are glad to not live here, as to imply that living here is a bad thing. Every government has their crazy, unreleased report or document that would make it look horrible to its own people and the rest of the world. Just so happens that USA is an easy target.

• 2 weeks later...

The UK is just as bad. Recently some guy was hassled by the police for taking pictures of his children in a shopping mall. Their attitude seems crazy to me. On the one hand they let millions of immigrants in from countries like Pakistan then hassle UK born citizens for going about their normal business.

most ridiculous thing is that the majority of Ameicans did likely not vote for Obama... the feds no longer require states to require picture i.d. to vote so you can guess the fraud is ridiculously high... in essence Obama's allowing 11 million more illegals a fast track to citizenship is little more than outright vote buying... the level of courruption is right there with Mexico at the upper levels...

This is been brought up so many times, but there is never any proof of widespread voter fraud. Most of our own citizens dont even vote, why the heck would illegal aliens risk being deported to cast a single vote which if lucky would even infinitesimally affect the presidential vote at all? In order for this to even work, there would have to be an incredible amount of organization on a massive scale to gather enough illegal votes to sway the vote, and in todays tabloid and internet 24/7 newscycle, are we to believe that no one has even caught a trace of this happening?

I like Little Evil acknowledge that there are worse things the government does, but am also still proud to live here. For others that have moved away, I understand the reasons and concerns you might have had to do so, but I just am not in the sky is perpetually falling camp that helps makes Fox and MSNBC make billions of dollars from profiting from their viewers fear and paranoia.

Definitely good to bring articles like this to peoples attention, but I really not that worried about it..

• 5 months later...

why am I not surprised by this...

...Yet there have not been any more 9/11s since the advent of HC.

What's more scary for me is the data collection (data mining) - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/07/google-facebook-prism-surveillance-program

and when this place in Utah is ready it will be worse - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2337420/Utah-Data-Center-The-million-square-foot-Utah-data-mining-facility-built-NSA.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I completely agree they should be actively tracking usage and content of terrorists, criminals, etc. and have access to the information covertly....problem is the opportunity for abuse of the system. I don't understand the need for any government to store personal data (Facebook, Skype, Hotmail, etc.) on say Mrs Smith who uses the web to chat  to keep in contact with her friends and has no links to serious criminal activity or terrorism.  

I completely agree they should be actively tracking usage and content of terrorists, criminals, etc. and have access to the information covertly...

and who decides who is a terrorists? the goverment?

America was founded by terrorists and rebels.

In Afgansistan / Iragi, who are the guilty parties? The ones protecting their homes or the "invaders"

"That government is best which governs least"

Henry David Thoreau

Archived