IGNORED

iPads

sean coast

Hi

I will be back in Patts in Jan and thought I would nip to Tuk.com to buy an IPAD copy any one bought one about 3000 Baht just need to know would they work in Europe or any feed back on them ??

thanks

Hi

I will be back in Patts in Jan and thought I would nip to Tuk.com to buy an IPAD copy any one bought one about 3000 Baht just need to know would they work in Europe or any feed back on them ??

thanks

Do you mean a fake Ipad or another make of tablet? I would go with the later if I was you as your chances of getting something that worked would be greater.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Buy the original or another brand. Many good "pads"out there now , not just apple. Copies do not work properly and they usually gives up pretty fast so it's a big waste of money, you better spend your 3000 bath on a gogo stunner, more bang for the buck 5555

more bang for the buck 5555

555555, but seriously, go for a cheap Chinese pad that MIGHT work, a copy probably wouldn't, because it's purpose is not functionality but to look like the real thing, leave those to ruskies.

I bought a cheap tablet once and regretted it the moment I used it.

Spend the extra $ needed and buy a proper brand name.

You won't regret it.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Mate i dont think its worth it either haha my mate got a copy iphone 5 last year and it didnt even work when he got it out the box.. Looked good but was a load of crap lol

How about the prices in Thailand for originals, compared to Europe?

I heared the Apple Ipad prices are quite similar, but Samsung Galaxy tab is cheaper?

I only checked last time the price for an IPhone, and there the price in Thailand was about the same as in Germany. But I only tried one shop.

Most of the cheap "pads" are using a very outdated version of Android that was made for phones. While you will have basic functions like browser, calendar, and maybe some utilities like email, calculator, etc, you will most likely not get access to Android market, meaning you won't be able to get any new apps. It also means that you won't be able to get Android updates, so newer features and functionality are not available for your tablet. Very hit/miss. For $200, you could get the very capable 7" 16gig Nexus 7. I have the 1st gen 8gig Nexus 7, and I'm very happy with it. Not only is it running the latest version of Android, it is a "Nexus" branded model, so it will also get all future updates first. I previously had a Blackberry Playbook, which itself was a solid piece of kit, but the app store just didn't have any of the top level apps. I also believe the last generation Kindle Fire is only $150. now.

Most of the cheap "pads" are using a very outdated version of Android that was made for phones. While you will have basic functions like browser, calendar, and maybe some utilities like email, calculator, etc, you will most likely not get access to Android market, meaning you won't be able to get any new apps.

I do not think this is correct. Unlike the Apple Store Google Play is an open system. Any Android device can access it. I am most probably going to buy a Chinese table for 4200 Baht and it runs the latest version of Android (Ice Cream Sandwich). Android is designed to run on tablets as well as phones.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

No real savings to be had on non-fake Apple items and many unauthorized dealers. Best to purchase at home and have proper support, all other things (like price) being equal.

BTW, I've spent much of my life thinking poorly of Apple fan-boys, yet my iPad is, hands down, the single best gadget I own and use for hours every day. My work exposes me to the competition (mostly Android tablets), and for me, the iPad is worth every over-priced dollar. Just my personal experience. YMMV

I bought a "Samsung" tablet from Tuk com a few weeks ago in October. It worked for a few days and now I am unable to charge it,

either with the mains charger or from my desktop pc at home using usb connection.

I paid 4000 Baht for it and is now a complete waste of money, unless I can get it repaired here in UK.

Incidentally, it didn't stop working until I got it home, but I asked the girl in Tukcom that if it didn't work when I was still in Patts,

would I get my money back. She said "no" but she would have exchanged it for another one.

I definitely won't buy fake goods like that again.

Tony

I do not think this is correct. Unlike the Apple Store Google Play is an open system. Any Android device can access it. I am most probably going to buy a Chinese table for 4200 Baht and it runs the latest version of Android (Ice Cream Sandwich). Android is designed to run on tablets as well as phones.

I've got one of those cheap Chinese ICS tablets. POS! Battery lasts like 20 min., Screen only looks decent at one precise angle, otherwise is totally washed out, good OS, but very slow processor, touch screen very inaccurate. Makes for a sexy paperweight.huju4apu.jpg

I bought a "Samsung" tablet from Tuk com a few weeks ago in October. It worked for a few days and now I am unable to charge it,

either with the mains charger or from my desktop pc at home using usb connection.

I paid 4000 Baht for it and is now a complete waste of money, unless I can get it repaired here in UK.

Incidentally, it didn't stop working until I got it home, but I asked the girl in Tukcom that if it didn't work when I was still in Patts,

would I get my money back. She said "no" but she would have exchanged it for another one.

I definitely won't buy fake goods like that again.

Tony

Are you sure it is not a fake? 4000 Baht sounds awfully cheap for a Samsung.

I've got one of those cheap Chinese ICS tablets. POS! Battery lasts like 20 min., Screen only looks decent at one precise angle, otherwise is totally washed out, good PS, but very slow processor, touch screen very inaccurate. Makes for a sexy paperweight.

That sounds nothing like the one that I have been shown..... :GoldenSmile1: Although I have to say that it is a direct import at cost price.

Technically, Jellybean is the latest version of Android. ICS was the first fully certified version of Android that would work on a phone or tablet, however, there were still two versions of that OS that Google didn't really disclose. Honeycomb was the first tablet version of Android, and it wasn't offered for phones. All versions prior to Honeycomb were made with a phone in mind, so you can get strange renderings when using, say, Gingerbread on a tablet. A good portion of budget tablets run Gingerbread and don't have access to Google Play. Google can identify your device from their server end and block app install if it so chooses (ie. up until last week, Google Play blocked installation of PS Touch on my Nexus 7, despite several reports of compatibility, just because Adobe was waiting for the Ipad Mini to be released as to not give Android a leg up on that app).

Yes, Android is open source, but licensing is different. That's why Cyanogen ports of Android are not allowed to use Google services/apps, for instance. You can install Android on your tablet, but that doesn't automatically give you access to the Gmail, Play, G+, G-Talk, or other Google apps. Technically, these faux-pads shouldn't have access to the Play market out of the box, but I suppose gray market tablets could possibly have it installed.

I live in Thailand.

In general electronics are more expensive in Thailand than Europe. I just bought a home theatre Pioneer amp $250 on amazon $400 equiv in Thailand. The locals here all say dont buy cheap. You can drop a real tablet but a cheap one will shatter.. My android phone was more expensive than Amazon............

I cant believe in spite of all the posts you still have believe you can get a decent cheapy Chinese tablet running up to date software etc...

My Samsung LED Tv was new and original. When I queried its failure to do something I was told "ahh, not have in Thailand modul" But it said it did have on the box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go for an Asus or a Samsung and save 5000 to 10000 bath compared to th iPad and You'll be very happy with the quality and the prestanda.

go for an Asus or a Samsung and save 5000 to 10000 bath compared to th iPad and You'll be very happy with the quality and the prestanda.

It isn't often that I'm completely and utterly stumped by a word, but I have to admit that I needed to look up "prestanda". Now that I know what it means, I'll go ahead and agree 100% with your comment. Apple still makes the best hardware in terms of design and execution/finish, but that is reflected in the price. Functionality wise and prestanda wise, Android is on par if not better than Apple now, at a fraction of the price.

No real savings to be had on non-fake Apple items and many unauthorized dealers. Best to purchase at home and have proper support, all other things (like price) being equal.

BTW, I've spent much of my life thinking poorly of Apple fan-boys, yet my iPad is, hands down, the single best gadget I own and use for hours every day. My work exposes me to the competition (mostly Android tablets), and for me, the iPad is worth every over-priced dollar. Just my personal experience. YMMV

Couldn't agree more. Original I Pad, BEST bit of kit ever...hours of PLEASURE..bb...

The fact is you get what you pay for. Buy an original and get the best or buy a copy for less and it will be inferior. Its that simple.

[ Insert witty funny Tapatalk signature ]

The I-Studio store are authorized dealers in Thailand. The sell the real Apple products. The are about 10% more than the Apple stores in the states. When the latest IPhone came out they had a huge line at Siam Paragon in Bangkok but at the new Gateway Eckamai mall there was no line, though they did have a lot of customers. In Bangkok they also have a couple of authorized Apple service centers; they only work on Apple products.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

The fact is you get what you pay for. Buy an original and get the best or buy a copy for less and it will be inferior. Its that simple.

Well, not exactly. While I'll reiterate that I think Apple does make the best hardware right now for tablets, they run at least a 50% profit margin on the Ipad series. That $500. entry level ipad only cost $250. to make. If you look at the newer competition from Amazon or Google, those companies are running near a 0% profit from hardware on some models, with the idea that they will make it up in content sales. I heard the first gen Kindly was actually a loss on every unit they sold. Apple is burning both ends on that one. They cornered the market early with the best device, so they were able to set the market price. What they weren't expecting was this massive undercutting from the competition, and that Android has caught up in terms of usability.

BTW, Apple also sells refurbished Ipads at a decent discount. They warranty them for 1 year as well. My company bought 3 for work, and they look great with no visible wear. New batteries and all. One did die on us, but Apple replaced it with little effort. Just Google "refurbished Ipads" if interested. Make sure you are on the Apple website.

Well, not exactly.

I should have been more specific. I meant an original name brand. Be it apple, Samsung or whoever compared to a copy.

Well, not exactly. While I'll reiterate that I think Apple does make the best hardware right now for tablets, they run at least a 50% profit margin on the Ipad series. That $500. entry level ipad only cost $250. to make.

Entry level iPad costs $329 retail here in the States. Word is that manufacturing cost is $190. Ever so slightly less than 50% gross margin. However, Apple does spend quite a bit on their software.

Anyway, I'm not overly bothered by Apple's margins. It's all about the value I get for my dollar, not the profit Apple makes. After all, what's the profit margin % for a gal doing Soi Six short times?

Entry level iPad costs $329 retail here in the States. Word is that manufacturing cost is $190. Ever so slightly less than 50% gross margin. However, Apple does spend quite a bit on their software.

Anyway, I'm not overly bothered by Apple's margins. It's all about the value I get for my dollar, not the profit Apple makes. After all, what's the profit margin % for a gal doing Soi Six short times?

Do you mean the ipad or the ipad. lol. The first and third gen are the same name. The current generation 16gig ipad is still $499. USD, last time I checked. $329. is probably either the entry level mini or the ipad II.

Have to admit that I'm confused about your comment. You're not bothered by Apple's profit margins, as you get value for your dollar, but your dollar is only stretching half as much in terms of actual value if half is going right into Apple's pocket. If a company breaks even on the device, then you are getting 100% value on your dollar, no? Apple is already the world's most valuable company, and has crazy money reserves, so I'm not interested in lining their pockets on those types of margins anymore. They should give their customers a break on this price gouging. At least hit the same margins as the rest of the electronics industry--15-25%. 50% and up is just plain crazy.

Archived