IGNORED

Best restaurants.

Wallace86

So first time to pattaya. And I like a good evening meal before the partying starts.

What's the best restaurants I.e steaks,Italian, seafood?

Pattaya beer garden was quite good!

I have to say though that I didn't have a bad meal whilst I was out there! the food everywhere was of a very high standard! but I did mainly eat Thai!

Bill

the birds nest restaurant i do like for sea food

also know as

Nxx Sxxg

this is a Chinese restaurant you can find them on the Second Road

sorry if i not allowed to say the name so i only gave a clue

Try to stay away from the over priced seafood places on Walking Street. If you look around in this forum you can find plenty of reviews on places to eat. Also try tripadvisor for some reviews too.

Don Joe's Ristaurante on WS does good Italian food.

Robw

Always go to Cherrys on 3rd road when in Pattaya, does a good range of meals, and has free salad cart.

Earning money for my next Thai flight

If you want real Thai seafood at good costs, hop in a cab or baht bus and go out to Na Jomtien for Preecha seafood. Best seafood, probably best meal, I have had in Thailand.

High end:

Casa Pascal

Mantra

Steaks:

Beefeater

Big Horn

Both off Soi Diana

Zen sushi at central festival

Hilton's Edge restaurant have excellent buffets

nice--%C3%A0-classe_medium.jpg

In Thailand money talks and I am all talk.

I second JuniorDK, not so sure about Big Horn as have heard some mixed reviews about the place, but you can't beat the steaks at Beefeater. Casa Pascal is great as well so long as you are into fine dining.

Zen I agree has some superb seafood in terms of their sashimi, while the atmosphere is terrible (feels like you are in a fast food joint) the sashimi I have found has always been fresh and consistent.

Of course if you want to head a bit further towards Jomtien then you also can't beat Matahari and its bound to impress and has great Thai food to for any other guests who aren't familiar with european/french food.

I was in Pattaya back in 2008 and from my personal experience you cannot go wrong with Mantra. They had (and may still have) a 5 course meal with each dish paired with a different wine for about $100 USD. The portions were small but the food was delicious and the wine was very good as well. After the meal, I had to ask the doorman for help getting a taxi and being sent on my way.

The decor in Mantra is really elegant and classy IMO. They have two levels and the floor level has silk hangings that can be used to create a more private enclosure for you and your party. Since I was on my own, I ate at a small table but was given three separate waitresses. One brought out the wine, one the food dish, and the last one asked if everything was to my liking each and every time.

I plan on being back in Pattaya in Feb 2013 and definitely plan on taking my buddies to Mantra for one dinner at least.

Allister1369

Always go to Cherrys on 3rd road when in Pattaya, does a good range of meals, and has free salad cart.

The days to go to Cherry is Wednesday and Saturday when the buffet is on. 400 baht all you can eat but the meal selection and quality is like nowhere I have seen in Pattaya. And the ribs there were to die for the last time I was there. Going again today, I think I ll just have three plates of ribs and nothing else.

The other good places I usually go to are 18 coins, Jolly's, Oishi japanese buffet in Avenue, Pittini. If you want sea food just ignore Walking Street, find a girl and ask her to take you to Bang saray or Jomtien. Same thing as on WS but fewer noisy russian tourists and prices two times cheaper.

Also I quite like the Thai barbeque, there are a bunch of places around, but I usually go to the on on Pattaya Tai, 200 Baht all you can eat, there is meat and seafood as well. Looks a little bit old and dirty, specially if you are a newbie, but I ate there 4 times and never had any problems. Plus it is an authentic and somewhat exotic eating experience.

• 4 months later...

Archived