IGNORED

Macbook Pro to Samsung Galaxy 3

zonnk

Want to sync my S3 to my Macbook for music and photos and whatnot.

Why does this not happen when I connect, also are there any ways to make this happen that might be out there.

Im not the best with computers but i'm a fest learner.

Any tips or info appreciated.

being it a macbook, i thing it all has to go through itunes first. its the one thing i hate about apple products..good stuff but hate itunes. i know there is a way out of it but not sure what. google it for answers and im sure utube will have something

I can tell you what I have done:

Open an account at gmail.com (Google Mail). With your account at gmail you can upload your music from iTunes to your gmail cloud (20000 songs are free!!!).

The same thing you can do with your photos (over 1000MB photo content is free).

After you have load up your stuff to the cloud you open your gmail account via your S3. Than you have access to your music and photos. You can decide what for songs or photos you want to download on your S3.

I have a Mac and a S1-Galaxy and a Nexus 7- I synchronize my stuff over the free gmail cloud.

You can also use Easy Phone Sync to transfer your iTunes music/playlist to your S3 (there is a Mac version). I use the PC version with my S3. Just download the app onto your phone and Mac. Set up is easy.

Edited by dp240

Want to sync my S3 to my Macbook for music and photos and whatnot.

Why does this not happen when I connect, also are there any ways to make this happen that might be out there.

Im not the best with computers but i'm a fest learner.

Any tips or info appreciated.

There is an Android App called AirSync by Doubletwist that will wirelessly sync you media with itunes. Requires home wifi to sync, but I heard it works well. Haven't used it myself because I don't use itunes, so be careful to check if it is syncing over wifi instead of your data plan. There are no "out of the box" options to sync between Android and a Mac that I know of. There are some manual options out of the box though.

While this might be super obvious, and in no means am I insulting your intelligence, but sometimes in tech trouble shooting you have to ask the obvious questions: When you plug the phone into your Mac, are you selecting "Mount" or whatever equivalent is displayed (pending your version of Android). Not sure about a Mac, but on a PC, the phone will do nothing but charge when initially plugged in, until you tell the phone what you want to do. Android offers a few different USB profiles to use when plugging in. After plugging the phone into the Mac's USB, check your dropdown menu for USB profiles.