IGNORED

Buffalo Girls (movie about child boxing)

bgtp

Saw it enjoyed it. There is quite a bit of children's Thai Boxing that goes on not just

those two. Children can play a big part in supporting the family. Boxing, selling flowers

till late in the night (scam don't buy from them, they should be in bed) etc etc

• 5 years later...

I just saw something that made me remember this thread, so here's a thread bump after more than five years.

I was watching Rich Franklins's ONE Warrior Series on YouTube. Franklin is a former UFC champion who is now an executive for the Asian MMA promotion ONE Championship. This series covers Franklin as he travels around Asia seeking out new talent for the promotion. The shows are just as much travelogues as being about MMA as they present a lot about the culture and people in each of the places they visit. The first three episodes were in Bangkok. So far, they have also done episodes in Manila, Tokyo and Seoul. I don't know how many more are left. I think it's a great series, especially if you enjoy traveling in Asia and MMA.

During the third episode, they agree to accept one female fighter and travel with her to Pattaya where she trains. Now, they don't show anything in Pattaya other than her gym, but where it gets interesting is that it turns out she was one of the child girl fighters in the Buffalo Girls documentary. While interviewing her on the show, they went back and forth to clips from the documentary. Here's the third episode in BKK.