IGNORED

iPhone 4s on contract uk

Cabbie88

I have a iPhone 4s on contract, with t-mobile, I would like to take the phone to Thailand with me is it possible? Will it need to be unlocked in Thailand?. Or can I just put a Thailand sim card straight into my phone?

Any one help me with this please?

Oh right is this easily done in Thailand? If so how much?

Depends on what firmware your phone is on, if updated to the newest it might not be possible. There is a place called Tukcom with a whole floor of mobile dealers that unlock and sell phones, they will let you know what can be done and for how much. I unlocked mine myself using a program called redsn0w, was pretty easy and straightforward.

Just contact T mobile and they will send you a genuine unlock code. Cost me about £15 with Orange who are all part of the same company. This is a no risk way of doing it. Then you just get a micro SIM in Thailand and Bobs your uncle.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Just contact T mobile and they will send you a genuine unlock code. Cost me about £15 with Orange who are all part of the same company. This is a no risk way of doing it. Then you just get a micro SIM in Thailand and Bobs your uncle.

+1 all the uk service providers wil unlock your iphone. vodafone have done all mine for free but some companies do charge about £15-30. They request an unlock from apple. apple then send the unlock to your itunes account so when you sync your phone it unlocks itself..

I have heard that 3 don't like unlocking there phones though

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Hi,

I also have an iPhone 4S (unlocked) which I intend to use in Thailand. Please tell me how easy it was for you to obtain a micro sim ( I assume pay as you go) when you next travel there. On leaving customs at the Airport there are a few mobile telephone shops and I am assuming that one should be able to buy a sim before departing the Airport. I intend to travel in January and I will let you know if I don't hear from you before then.

The next question is, of course, will the Thai SIM card confuse the English Language iphone? Also, what about the Apps? Having said that, if one just wants to phone, text and access the Net then I can't imagine that there would be a problem. Anyway, a visit to your local iphone Shop in the UK for advice may help.

A normal sim card can be cut down to a micro sim you can either buy the tool off eBay for a couple quid or go to a phone stall that unblocks phones or fixes them

You can get a micro SIM no problem. I personally use True for my iPhone 4. They have a shop next to the arrivals gate and the staff speak good English. Tell them what you want, give them the money and they will set it up for you in about 5 minutes..

It does not confuse the phone, all your apps still work.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

so, let me get this straight... I can stop at the booth on the way out of the airport, have them unlock my phone and put in a true micro sim card and use my iphone 4 on their system, have a thai number, etc? or does the phone need to be unlocked elsewhere, like at tukom?

then when I want, I can put back the original card and be back on at&t when I come home?

I can also still get my email while using it with the other sim card, I suppose, I just won't get calls on the US number, yes? That would be perfect for my needs... I forward the cell number to my partner when I go anyway, don't need to take calls!

really like my iphone, don't want to use a cheap phone while in thailand, and if I lose the phone I can get an upgrade to a 5 when I return...

lost my cheap thai phone to a lb pickpocket on my first trip... never liked it while I had it anyway...

Edited by danapointdaddy