IGNORED

One More iPhone 5 thread

night_rider

I've read the other threads and understand

* you can cut down a micro SIM to nano SIM size

* nano SIMS are now available from AIS and DTAC

I'd appreciate advice on the following:

1. Which prepaid plan is best for phone/data use on the iPhone 5?

My considerations are that I currently have DTAC Happy and would prefer to retain that number but it's not a high priority.

I do want to ensure that if I switch my number will be active for a year so I can use it on my next trip.

For comparison, here is the DTAC Happy Smartphone plan I was looking at:

http://www.dtac.co.t...smartphone.html or

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html

2. Is it better to do this at the airport booths or Tukcom?

3. Is there any LTE in Pattaya?

I'm coming in from the US with a Verizon iPhone 5, unlocked GSM and LTE frequencies should be compatible with the LTE tests I READ are being conducted. Not sure how widespread or real that bandwidth is though.

Thanks.

Got in last night. There was a line at the DTAC stall at the airport so I came on in to Pattaya. Went to the DTAC stall in Big C today and they say they're out of nan SIMs in Pattaya for two weeks.

Does anyone know where I can get a nano SIM for DTAC in Patts?

My other options are to have it cut down at Tukcom or go with AIS that did have SIMs in stock.

I have a nano-Sim cutting tool. If you buy an ordinary sim and get down to Night Wish Soi 6 tonight then I will let you use it to cut it down to nano size.,Just ask for Karl, Dr.Winston or Panyaa (most of the ladies at NW know me by this name)

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Many thanks for the offer. Sorry I missed you. Perhaps I'll try Tukcom. They offered to cut it down but I know the nano SIM standard is thinner as well and had some concerns it would fit even after cutting it down.

Many thanks for the offer. Sorry I missed you. Perhaps I'll try Tukcom. They offered to cut it down but I know the nano SIM standard is thinner as well and had some concerns it would fit even after cutting it down.

I'm back home now . Don't worry, correctly cut down SIM's do work perfectly well in the IPhone 5. I've used my cutting tool in both Thailand and the Philippines already with no problems. In reality the difference in width appears to make real difference in everyday use.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

This is one of the reasons why I stalled on upgrading to the iPhone 5.

Sounds like its not a problem to cut it down which is a great relief.

Thanks for allaying my fears on this issue.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I did go to Tukcom and they cut down my existing DTAC SIM for 50 B. Works just fine.

I grabbed a DTAC package for 650 B w/ 3gb of 3G downloads then unlimited after for 1 month.

Still not sure about LTE in Pattaya. I"ve not gotten a signal yet though some reading on the net indicated it was in trials. Perhaps a different package is required. I may call DTAC to see.

So I too can recommend the cut down method if you're unable to locate a nano-SIM. If anyone is still looking DTAC service center indicated a new supply would be available in Pattaya December 9/10 with 100 available at the two DTAC stores.

Archived