Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Something wrong with Bangkok Addicts?

Zauberfee

Since yesterday I get the following message, when trying to get into BA:

Fatal error: Class 'ipsController' not found in /home/httpd/html/bangkok-addicts.com/public_html/forum/index.php on line 26

Is there a problem or is it me/my computer?

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

I don't think there were enough of them.

It seems to have been amalgamated into PA as a Section - bit confusing at times IMO.

See answers below.

Mr OTE,

Same same but different old chap - you're right to be confew. Bangkok Addicts (the board) hasn't been integrated here - it's a separate board, separate membership & log-in, number of qualifying posts required to be an advanced member (relatively low) and what-not. The content you see here under 'Bangkok Addicts' (Forum) is not identical.

Bangkok Addicts (the board) has been limping content-wise for months; down as OP indicated for a couple of days.

We are getting this fixed. We are still looking for the right "partner" to run the forum for us on a shared basis.

Anyone interested please PM me.

The infrastructure etc is all in place but as Kansuwan points out it has been somewhat limping along recently. It needs some one very in touch with the scene there, preferably resident, to get it really motoring again.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Mr OTE,

Same same but different old chap - you're right to be confew. Bangkok Addicts (the board) hasn't been integrated here - it's a separate board, separate membership & log-in, number of qualifying posts required to be an advanced member (relatively low) and what-not. The content you see here under 'Bangkok Addicts' (Forum) is not identical.

Bangkok Addicts (the board) has been limping content-wise for months; down as OP indicated for a couple of days.

Apologies for my wrong answer - I was a member there but got the same message, so I drew my conclusion - now edited.

I remain confused though. If it's still a separate entity, what is the Bangkok section in PA for?

Apologies for my wrong answer - I was a member there but got the same message, so I drew my conclusion - now edited.

I remain confused though. If it's still a separate entity, what is the Bangkok section in PA for?

Bro the BKK section here is because:

1. Not everyone wants to join a 2nd forum i.e. they are 90% Pattaya orientated but may have BKK questions occasionally.

2. Sometimes people were asking BKK related questions on P_A so we set up the section so their threads had a "home" as opposed to being in a non related section.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Bro the BKK section here is because:

1. Not everyone wants to join a 2nd forum i.e. they are 90% Pattaya orientated but may have BKK questions occasionally.

2. Sometimes people were asking BKK related questions on P_A so we set up the section so their threads had a "home" as opposed to being in a non related section.

That's what I figured and all would be perfect for PA if Bangkok Addicts Forum just vanished (as it apparently has 555).

Given the current arrangement that seems like a self fulfilling prophecy in progress, as less and less people are likely to bother to join it. :Think1:

Off topic - Cambodia content has really grown apace this year and appears to justify its own dedicated section (rather than lumped in with Vietnam et al) much more so than Bangkok IMO, with its own Advanced section too.

The Cambodia threads in my Signature have to go into the somewhat vague 'Mongering In Other Countries' to avoid being in the open public area.

I think a dedicated Cambodia section would certainly fare better than the Ban Chang one has. :hello09:

We are getting this fixed. We are still looking for the right "partner" to run the forum for us on a shared basis.

thx

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap