Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

External links opening in same window

Raistx

I'm using Chrome for browsing.

I'm sure that up until a few days ago if i clicked on a link it would open in a new tab automatically. Now it seems to open in the same window.

Have i changed some setting on my system or have you changed something on the forum?

I'm using Chrome for browsing.

I'm sure that up until a few days ago if i clicked on a link it would open in a new tab automatically. Now it seems to open in the same window.

Have i changed some setting on my system or have you changed something on the forum?

Same here and I didn't change anything.

Fcuking annoying when, out of habit, I close the link and thus close PA.

If you use a mouse, try clicking the middle button on a link. I know you guys are on chrome (I use firefox) but for me this always opens the link in a new tab.

It might work the same?

If you right click it gives you the option, but doesn't do it automatically as it used to with a left click.

Seems like a Chrome change? Maybe it saves cyberspace.

Firefox works the same with the right click option. Left click has always been a gamble. Did you try the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) click?

Firefox works the same with the right click option. Left click has always been a gamble. Did you try the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) click?

Oh bugger - misread your post - it's late, I'll go to bed now. :hello09:

Yes, middle button does it - I'll adjust in 6 months or so.

Oh bugger - misread your post - it's late, I'll go to bed now. :hello09:

Yes, middle button does it - I'll adjust in 6 months or so.

Fairy nuff.

Yep takes a while to get used to it but it actually works quite well.

I know there are ways around it but as Edge mentioned its a habit. The other forums, my email, i just left click on the link and a new tab opens

I don't think the new way is a good marketing tool. In effect it takes you away from the forum.

Somebody posts a link to a hotel, you click on it, opens in the same window. I have a look at the rooms, rates, location map. Then.... "where was i on addicts??".

I know there are ways around it but as Edge mentioned its a habit. The other forums, my email, i just left click on the link and a new tab opens

I don't think the new way is a good marketing tool. In effect it takes you away from the forum.

Somebody posts a link to a hotel, you click on it, opens in the same window. I have a look at the rooms, rates, location map. Then.... "where was i on addicts??".

Maybe someone can advise on the forum technical side of things but my experience is some websites default on the left click to open a new window/tab and others don't. (maybe something has changed for the Chrome users?)

My late experience is the middle click works. (across all web clients)

If Chrome did it then I get we just have to get used to it.

So far as links to hotels are concerned where a BM has made one that's fine, but the way links are being auto created whenever you type certain words in your text is insidious.

It seemed to stop for a while but now it's back with a vengeance.

It's not currently showing where I typed hotels, but it did in Preview and may well again later.