IGNORED

Thai Sim cards

if you put 009 before the number your dialling, for example 009 44(country code) 1483(area code) 587429, it costs 7 baht a minute, on any network, iirc

Earning money for my next Thai flight

if you put 009 before the number your dialling, for example 009 44(country code) 1483(area code) 587429, it costs 7 baht a minute, on any network, iirc

That really works? For some reason I thought that was an urban myth.

“My ambition is handicapped by lazinessâ€

Hi all, Does anyone know which is the cheapest Sim card to use while in Thailand to ring back to the UK?

I use DTAC SIM and use 004 to call OS

Many use skype to make calls

second the question above.

does anyone have experience with this?

very groovy if it's true.

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

go and get an IP card in C.A.T. up from tukcom. you can buy something like two hours airtime for about 300 baht. follow their instructions. the gentleman there will set it up for you ! as far as i know they are closed early on saturday and all day on sunday.

this is no urban myth ! :SoWhat1: :SoWhat1:

i think you dial 1544 then 009 then country code etc etc. :Think1: :Think1:

So I have a quad phone and I am assuming my hotel will be able to steer me to where to get a local sim card on beach road. What is the one I want to call local and the USA?

second the question above.

does anyone have experience with this?

very groovy if it's true.

cheers

bert

Yes, I can assure you it does work, me and mates have used it to call England from Pattaya, Bangkok, Krabi, and Koh Samet many times.

Earning money for my next Thai flight

get an ais sim ( 1-2 call) top ups at any 7/11, for local go buy a took dee calling card to call the states ( its what i use)

45 satang /minute. You will NOT find anything cheaper

Edited by phuketrichard

• 3 weeks later...

True Intersim is 1 Baht a minute back to the States and all European Countries to LANDLINES but not mobiles using their prefix.........

As mentioned Calling Cards will get you around 1 Baht a minute back to Mobiles......

Edited by Carl.Hutz