Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Iphone usage in thailand

khunkit

I have an iphone 4 I am getting unlocked here in USA. Will bring to LOS. I understand an iphone SIM card is different than other SIM card. I currently have a thai phone with a non iphone SIM Is it possible to transfer my phone number on a DTAC sim to a new sim for iphone? Or will i have to get a new phone number? Any advice appreciated Also, where would you go to get iphone SIM in Pattaya? Thanks.

Carry on my wayward son

The iPhone 4 (and 4S) uses a micro-SIM which is slightly smaller than most SIM's. They are very common. Just make sure that data is enabled on your account. Most providers sell them in packaging which indicates they are for a smartphone or iPhone.

The iPhone 5 uses an even smaller one called a nano-SIM. They are not too common yet so you probably don't have to worry about it.

Most recent trip report: Cambodia/Thailand/Myanmar 2012

Right Thanks can i transfer a phone number currently on a dtac sim to the new micro sim? Objective is to keep old phone number...

Carry on my wayward son

Do I need to go to one of the malls to get these or can I get this in the airport/7/-11?

Guessing a micro sim would be found at one of the tech shops like tukcom, and not 7/11. I am hopeful kpI can transfer an existing phone number to the new micro sim....

The old number has not been used in a couple months, maybe it has been rcycled dont know how that works

Carry on my wayward son

I could be mistaken, but I was under the impression that you could just cut the excess plastic off a regular sized SIM to insert it into an Iphone4 (DOES NOT WORK WITH Iphone 5). The actual circuit portion is the exact same size on an iphone 4 sim card. Just Google it. There are plenty of how-to's on the internet.

Done the reserch and you are correct....i am told it works but to be creful when cutting the Sim...apple made it clear they know nothing of this and do not support....up to you...iwill do it and post if successful. Cheers

Carry on my wayward son

Little Evil is right i think i went to Tukcom with a mate and his i phone, and they trimmed a normal sim for it to fit the i phone, cant remember cost but it was probably buttons. hope this helps

Edited by jimbobh28

I HAVE SPENT MOST OF MY MONEY ON PATTAYA WOMEN, BEER AND FLYING BACK AND FORWARDS TO LOS

THE REST I'VE SQUANDERED!!!