IGNORED

Photos too dark and red - any way of enhancing/improving?

Jumpin Jack Flash

I took a few photos on my last trip using the camera on my phone (HTC One X). Most times I get good quality pics but I made the stupid mistake of not using the flash at night :Banghead2: - result - very dark and very red photos. :o

Is there any way of enhancing these pics, brightening them and taking the red out?

I've tried a few online image editors but playing about with brightness and hues etc just makes the photos even worse.

I know almost nothing about photography so I'd appreciate any tips, advice.

The short answer is no.

The longer answer is yes but they will look like shit because they were shot in jpeg format and when you start screwing with the exposure you are going to bring out the "noise" in the picture which makes it harder to correct and you end up with a bigger piece of shit. Camera phones aren't noted for the high image quality (megapixel does not equal image quality). You can post one here and those of us with no life can take a crack at it. I periodically do it for friends if I'm bored.

'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

I have to agree with Spanky99 shooting jpeg you bake alot of info in the picture you can do a little but like spanky99 said it will look like crap.

You have a decent 8MP camera actually in that phone. You can use the oneline version of photoshop for free. It is great a removing red and controling brightness/contrast. Go to this page(http://www.photoshop.com/tools/expresseditor) and at the very top right hand side click online tools-> Photoshop Express Editor you don't have to create an account this way, but you are more than welcome to create one in order to save certain things. Anyway...I hope this tool will help you. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Thanks for the advice and for that photoshop link. I played around with it but looks like you guys are right - you can't really improve on shit :SoWhat1:

I'll post one up later and if one of you wants to have a go then great.

patspic2.jpgHope I am not intruding. The photo is as you say a bit beyond help. I cropped it to remove the glaring neon sign. Slight improvement I hope.

Let's see if this works...

patspic2.jpg

Edit.jpg

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

patspic2.jpgpatspic2.jpgHere is another attempt. Cheers

We all do silly things when taking photo's.

In September I set up my tripod checked all the settings on the camera then set the remote control to take 300 shots to get a 10 second time lapse of the stars in Issan. I took a sample photo and it looked all right on the screen. My laptop was knackered and I couldn't check it on a larger screen. Came home last week and found out every photo is slightly blurry because i forgot to switch off steadyshot. Luckily I still have the sunset time lapse taken from the Pattaya beach garden.

Thanks for your efforts, fellas. As I feared, the photos are ruined like an overcooked steak :DeadHorse2:

Mai pen rai, I'll just make sure I'm all flashed up for next week :Photo1:

I have been ill with flu but I'll take a crack at it tonight. I can't promise a miracle but I'm up to the challenge!

When I'm single I like playing the field. You call it picking up hookers. - Jim Norton

I tried and it looks like all the other efforts already posted. If you have one not shot in the red light it may be better but the red makes it almost impossible to lighten the image.

post-84480-0-57885200-1352372921_thumb.jpgpost-84480-0-65716400-1352372923_thumb.jpgpost-84480-0-62265500-1352372927_thumb.jpgpost-84480-0-51065400-1352372929_thumb.jpg

Looks like a lost cause but try converting them to black&white,adjusting the highlights/contrast/brightness as best as you can.

They won't be great, but at least you will be able to see some detail.

Maybe add some "grain" (noise) to make the photo uniform as parts are already grainy.

Alternatively, come back to Pattaya and take some more (with the flash ON) :-)

No matter where you go, there you are....

patspic2.jpgpatspic2.jpgPast redemption, I agree. Final attempt.

You can do something with that background (check for example chair next to her), but no chance with that lady. Because for example her leg is just shape filled with red color without any shades or gradient.

(new) || (old)

post-86186-0-53443400-1352425582.jpg

I fixed them.