IGNORED

Mobile Phone subscriptions

Joe Doe

Hi

Do you known where its the easiest to get a local (Thai) prepayed phone subscription with data enabled. I have heard that you can even get then in the airport upon arrival but have not noticed any place. I was planning to use my phone and internet over 3G.

There are numerous desks outside arrivals, try Happy 800 all in with unlimited data + 100 credit for one month

tumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo2_250.gifIn honour of Smoakparktumblr_mozsz8Bsd61qauzwfo3_250.gif

ais

100 baht for 20 hours and upwards.look at their site online for prices and features.

I have a post paid;

get 1 gig of use at 3 g

250 minutes of calls

250 sms

450 baht/month

There are numerous desks outside arrivals, try Happy 800 all in with unlimited data + 100 credit for one month

Second that. Happy is from DTAC.and they have a store a block to the right after you go through customs, I always get my SIM from there, its data enabled, costs 80B (as far as I can remember), and a 200B top up, which you can get at any 7-11 gets my through my 2 week vacation.

whats the cost of a crappy basic PAYG phone with sim,and can one be bought at the airport,would rather leave my iphone in the safe and just have a cheapie phone to keep in touch

u can find a noika for 800-1,500 baht easily

50 baht for a sim

I use TRUE, about 100 m after custom check on the left site. They do not charge for the SIM card and set up

easy top up in every 7eleven

1 2 call is where its at.

--- Is it in yet?

There is a big computer and electrical place on third rd Tocom it's at the end of soi bacow turn right 100mts across the road it has everything, phones computers dvd's worth a look also fix any phone exl

I have always used AIS. I buy 300baht worth of data off the girl in the Kiosk in the airport and it usually does me 2 to 3 weeks. Cant remember how much the sim is. Always gets her to reactivate my old sim.

• 3 weeks later...

What's the cheapest smartphone going for outside of customs? I wanna buy a cheap phone that I can access the internet with besides calls/texts. I'd like to access this forum from my hotel room lol. I will only be there for 2 weeks. I don't wanna bring my iphone.

Archived