IGNORED

What is this thai dish?

I just saw this in a note in my cell phone: Moo pat nam man nom. I recall it was a dish my former wife served, and i loved it, but dont recall what it really is - knowing moo is pork, and pat (phat) normally would be fried, but i dont recall the rest... (nam man should be gasoline, but i dont beleive there is gasoline in a thai dish...)Nom should mean milk (or breast), but i am sort of clueless... The closest i can get is some stirred pork in a "gravy" of water and milk - could be oystersauce, but it is something like hoi nam grom.

Everyone has the right to my opinion

GIYF

I think it is: Stir fried pork with onions, mushrooms and paprika in oyster sauce.

But don't take my word for it. I'm by no means an expert on Thai Cuisine and/or Language.

Oyster sauce is "Nam Man Hoi".

"Nam Man" when talking about Thai food is cooking oil or simply sauce.

Edited by plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

pork fried milk oil?.

im normally very good at knowing most thai dishes but i have never heard of ( nam mun nom )before

maybe its pork and gravy?

---

or its.. moo pat - stir fry prok

nam man - man water

nom - milk.

stir fry pork with man milk? ( semen )? 5555555555

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

My girl has never heard of this dish. The first thing that immediately came to her mind was

"nam man hoi" or "oyster sauce".

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

Robert Heinlein

My GF often marinates pork in tinned Carnation milk for about 30 mins before she fries it. It does seem to make it more tender. So we know moo pat is fried pork, nam means anything wet - eg nam som literally means orange water but actually means orange juice - nom means milk, so man nam nom is something to do with milky Liquid, therefore maybe it's simply pork in tinned milk?

Thx for the answers!

I am sure it is the fried pork with vegetables (possibly onions and mushrooms as suggested) in oystersauce.

Now i will google how to make it but it can not be hard to cook at home (lucky enough i do have a Thai-store not too far from where i live - sure they must have all ingredients i need)

Everyone has the right to my opinion