Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

HIV testing in Pattaya.

Guest Q

I got a dose and got my HIV test and was negative. I got this test in an STD clinic in Scotland. I told the doc about the quick tests in Pattaya and she said these were 90% UNRELIABLE and never to trust them, she explioaned why and it went over my head but none the less it was a warning.

I had a medical this week again for a job, and i told that Doc about the quick tests in pattaya, again this was in Scotland and the Doc's father was from Singapore and he spends a lot of time in SEA working. He also laughed and said "Don't trust HIV testing in a clinc in Pattaya go to a hospital"

I am no expert but this was a wake up call and i thought it was the right thing to post it on here.

I have no doubt someone will discredit these UK Doctors but i know who i would believe. And YES i know that the Docs in Pattaya are trained in the west before anyone informs me of this.

ive also heard that its alot more accurate getting tested back at home rather than in los

but now hearing it from as you say doctors worrying

its not as if our doctors are going to say this to get more custom from us ( you know come to me im more accurate cheaper they no good) we dont pay our doctors like in los unless youre private of course

gets me thinking

พอล

babydollsaddict.gif

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/38.jpg&text=the%20party%20starts&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=11&day=21&hour=15&minute=30&second=27&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

I was tested 3 times in LOS at clinics, all negative then 2 weeks ago here in the UK at a GUM clinic in central London. They did the fast test first which was negative then the long test which took a week, also negative. What the doctor told me was that the dast tests ,whilst by different companies were basically same in quality but 1 fast test in every 1000 showed a FALSE positive..

still, always better to get tested here in U.K.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

I was tested 3 times in LOS at clinics, all negative then 2 weeks ago here in the UK at a GUM clinic in central London. They did the fast test first which was negative then the long test which took a week, also negative. What the doctor told me was that the dast tests ,whilst by different companies were basically same in quality but 1 fast test in every 1000 showed a FALSE positive..

still, always better to get tested here in U.K.

1 in 1000 is a very bad stat i feel, esp when you consider what goes on in Patts.

I think too that clinics in pattaya are unrealiable as i went to one on my recent trip there

thinking it was a doctor to check out a rash i had on my leg, dident get the best of advice, and the cream dident

help that they gave me, i had to ring my doc back home.

i know asked my gf and she said the best place is the hospital which i went to get my full s.t.d test done

which cost 6000 bt for both of us. What i gather is in thailand there little clincs aint doctors

like in most country's well australia a clinic has a proffetional accredited GP and you dont need

to go to hospital to get checked up unless its serious. As to thai if you want to get a GP check up

you need to go to a hospital, they are profesioinal thats why i thinhk my blood tests cost 6000bt in

oppoise to 1000bt in a pattaya clinic still took about 1.5 hours but man this hospital was like the best better

then the ones back home but very expensive $$$$$

anyone ever been to bangkok hospital pattaya??

what are you thoughts?? it would be good to hear

Ive been to the hospital near Nana plaza, took my gf there to get her on the contraceptive injection.

The place was fucking massive and clean as a five star hotel but as you said pricey but still worth it for sure..

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

I think too that clinics in pattaya are unrealiable as i went to one on my recent trip there

thinking it was a doctor to check out a rash i had on my leg, dident get the best of advice, and the cream dident

help that they gave me, i had to ring my doc back home.

i know asked my gf and she said the best place is the hospital which i went to get my full s.t.d test done

which cost 6000 bt for both of us. What i gather is in thailand there little clincs aint doctors

like in most country's well australia a clinic has a proffetional accredited GP and you dont need

to go to hospital to get checked up unless its serious. As to thai if you want to get a GP check up

you need to go to a hospital, they are profesioinal thats why i thinhk my blood tests cost 6000bt in

oppoise to 1000bt in a pattaya clinic still took about 1.5 hours but man this hospital was like the best better

then the ones back home but very expensive $$$$$

anyone ever been to bangkok hospital pattaya??

what are you thoughts?? it would be good to hear

I went there once about 6 years ago to get a leg infection seen to. Clean and efficient but they want to know everything (which is good in a way I guess but slows things down a bit).Based on the experiences of some of my friends I think that they decide their prices on a case by case basis. Some people say that your bill is likely to be smaller if you claim to be an ex-pat rather than a tourist.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I got a dose and got my HIV test and was negative. I got this test in an STD clinic in Scotland. I told the doc about the quick tests in Pattaya and she said these were 90% UNRELIABLE and never to trust them, she explioaned why and it went over my head but none the less it was a warning.

I had a medical this week again for a job, and i told that Doc about the quick tests in pattaya, again this was in Scotland and the Doc's father was from Singapore and he spends a lot of time in SEA working. He also laughed and said "Don't trust HIV testing in a clinc in Pattaya go to a hospital"

I am no expert but this was a wake up call and i thought it was the right thing to post it on here.

I have no doubt someone will discredit these UK Doctors but i know who i would believe. And YES i know that the Docs in Pattaya are trained in the west before anyone informs me of this.

• 4 weeks later...

i went to the GUM clinic today as i have picke dup infection from patts over the last two weeks. the doctor said i had non specific bacterial infection and i had to take 4 antibiotic tablets there and then and told not to have sex for 7 days. however i have to wait for my HIV test to come back and even then i have to go back and have another test in january as if i have picked that up it may not yet show. doctor warned me about going to clinic in thailand also, saying that its unreliable and he wouldnt trust same day testing from anywhere

nick

ps i am shitting myself now, docotor said there is 1 in 10 chnace of BG in thailand having it!!!!!!

center]'''''''''''You only pass through this life once; you don't come back for an encore.''''''''''''[/center]

i went to the GUM clinic today as i have picke dup infection from patts over the last two weeks. the doctor said i had non specific bacterial infection and i had to take 4 antibiotic tablets there and then and told not to have sex for 7 days. however i have to wait for my HIV test to come back and even then i have to go back and have another test in january as if i have picked that up it may not yet show. doctor warned me about going to clinic in thailand also, saying that its unreliable and he wouldnt trust same day testing from anywhere

nick

ps i am shitting myself now, docotor said there is 1 in 10 chnace of BG in thailand having it!!!!!!

I would'nt worry about it. HIV is very hard to catch for a bloke. There is no real figure for HIV cases in LOS either so the number is not nailed on.

I read that it takes 3 months for the HIV antibodies to show up in a test, so

1.) getting tested for a girl so you can go barebacking

2.) testing before you go home (unless you havent fucked for 3 months in LOS- good luck with that)

all seems totally pointless (#1 scares the hell out of me- is a condom really THAT bad to use?)

but its good to know the tests are crap. good post. and im so happy your icon isnt std yellow stained underwear anymore bro.

nick

did you use a condom? or bareback?

if you used a condom, i wouldn't worry too much about it because its difficult to get.

if you barebacked, well- go get tested. and dont bareback ever again.

I read that it takes 3 months for the HIV antibodies to show up in a test, so

1.) getting tested for a girl so you can go barebacking

2.) testing before you go home (unless you havent fucked for 3 months in LOS- good luck with that)

all seems totally pointless (#1 scares the hell out of me- is a condom really THAT bad to use?)

but its good to know the tests are crap. good post. and im so happy your icon isnt std yellow stained underwear anymore bro.

Actually about 90% of people will test positive for HIV antibodies within 1 month. The 3 month time period is to account for the other 10%. In rare cases it has been known to take longer. My point is that a negative result after 1 month is still quite encouraging.

It is supposed to be hard to catch through normal sex but it certainly does happen sometimes. There is plenty of theory in the thread linked here http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/AIDS-...irls-t7904.html

That is the problem with being on holiday, people often don't think about the consequences until they get home.

nick

What were your symptoms if you don't mind me asking?

I think 1 in 10 is rubbish otherwise we'd hear about bar girls having or dissapearing all the time.

You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Sometimes easier said than done ~ Me and everyone I know

nick

I know exactly how u feel mate, was getting tested a few months back and the worry is sickening..But once u know ur all clear, the relief is priceless..good luck

Somone smarter than me might be able to confirm this or make it a bit more clear. But am i right in saying that if there was a danger of 1 in 10 girls in Pattaya/ BKK having Aids the World health Org would issue a warning and we would hear about it through the media etc????

I know exactly how u feel mate, was getting tested a few months back and the worry is sickening..But once u know ur all clear, the relief is priceless..good luck

same here mate, when u get that txt message saying your all clear its like a ton weight off your shoulders.

nick

Good luck Nick. I hope that everything turns out well for you. I think that the odds are on your side.

wow thats crazy!!! I always go to Buumergraad or however u spell that shit in BKK because they speak perfect English but still, good info to know

• 2 weeks later...

I think that all the monger barebackers should continue this behaviour and increase the number of whores they bb with. The sooner you all get sick and piss off back to farang land for a happy hospice ending the better. btw its international aids day!!

Sum num na

I think that all the monger barebackers should continue this behaviour and increase the number of whores they bb with. The sooner you all get sick and piss off back to farang land for a happy hospice ending the better. btw its international aids day!!

Sum num na

what about drunken mistakes? who hasnt made the mistake at least once? do we all deserve a slow and painful death?

Sum num na

:Ban:

I saw a T-shirt in pattaya that read "WHY ON EARTH SHOULD I DIE BECAUSE I DIDNT WEAR A CONDOM" yes I had safe sex, yes I broke a few rubbers and yes I did many things that I shouldnt because I had a few beers in me, a holiday in patts is asking for trouble but you can burry me with a smile.