Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotels in KL

phuketrichard

hello all;

i find myself after living in Phuket for about 28 years i need to make a trip to KL with my Cambodia GF to obtain her non imm ed visa.

can anyone recommend a good hotel ( 2,000 baht range) not to far from the Thai embassy .

Also any suggestions on where to go or do while i am there.

Thanks

Large selection + reviews on Agoda here

http://www.agoda.com/asia/malaysia/kuala_lumpur.html

The Eastin is the one most booked by P-A members (using Agoda stats). Not sure how far from Thai embassy.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

hello all;
i find myself after living in Phuket for about 28 years i need to make a trip to KL with my Cambodia GF to obtain her non imm ed visa.
can anyone recommend a good hotel ( 2,000 baht range) not to far from the Thai embassy .

Thanks

How long you there?

To avoid boring everyone, PM me and I'll assist. I lived in KL for 2 years and still maintain a condo there. I spend a few days each month there and for shopping/nightlife convenience often recommend and stay at the Grand Millenium in Bukit Bintang. But it's likely more like 3500-4000 baht a night on a special offer ... I can find some cheaper rooms through contacts...

Thai embassy is near KLCC (Petronas Towers) and is accessible enough from Bukit Bintang (you can walk it in 20-25 mins)... Or taxi easily enough..

Nightlife/food/shopping are the obvious KL things to do but as I said, PM me and I'll help where I can

thanks, sent ya an email. :-)

2 nights as HOPEFULLY they is all i am booking for and arranging my airfare out of Phuket

Looked at the Eastin and it seems to be just about as far as u can get from the embassy an still be in KL :-)

Edited by phuketrichard

I've been to KL about 4 times over the past 4 year and always liked staying at place called Cabana inn, it's a 5-10 min taxi ride to the Thai Embassy and it's on the street with all the best nightclubs (The Beach, Rum Jungle, Thai Club, etc) and a 5 min walk to the Petronas Towers. Only cost around 1500 baht per night, clean comes with TV and air con. They don't have a web site but you can call to make reservations or just show up.

60-321-61-6898

hello all;

Thanks

Good hotel I stayed in recently in KL is hotel D'Oriental on Petaling street in Chinatown, easy access to all transportation and Free Bus to KLCC, look for the PINK Free Bus they just introduced it.

The hotel Room Rate start at 90 RM per night, for a twin, including Breakfast, there are plenty of other options in the area also.

Rooms are small but very clean and nice. I think Queen bed rooms are around 110 RM.

Have a good trip.

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/&clickLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/3.jpg&text=Paradise%20Here%20I%20come%2C%20ready%20or%20not&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2017&month=11&day=19&hour=22&minute=21&second=8&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/">CountdownClockCodes.com</a></small></center>

i did so much checking and finakly booked at the Sky Express Hotel; new hotel , king bed, wifi in room, seems to be good location, easy access to mono rail and not to far from the embassy
$103 for 2 nightts via Agoda which was the best deal

• 3 weeks later...

quickupdate as in KLnow,

SK y express, great deal,big room ,good air con, great shower and wifi. hundreds of resturants around the corner. $103 for 2 nights via Agoda

Bus from airport to central bus station 9 MYR an than a 12MYR taxi rdie

Negatives

only 6 channle son the tv ( BBC an done movie channel

KL is to dam big an dimpersoanl, everywhere u go u need taxis and if u try and get one outside hotel they alos bargin an down tuse meter. If u pick up on the strret they will

FIRST time ever i got a free taxi ride,

Took a meter cab, meter was 4.20, gave him a 50 an he could not change it. I felt really bad as had no small money ( 50MYR is ONLY about $16) but nothing i could do as no shops nearby.

Thai emabssy was full