Any body know what Ja means in Thai thanks

You need to supply context.

Most often. it can change a verb to the future tense as a pre-fix or

when added after a name, it can make it more affectionate

Edited by Loong

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

Ja means "will", as in "I will do it."

Ja has multiple meanings. As already mentioned in my earlier post, it depends on the context. "will" is probably the most common meaning though

ja short spoken means "medicine" "ja pit" means Poison "ja bah" = medicine crazy (everybody heard about already for sure)

jaa long spoken means "don´t" for example: do not forget = jaa luehm

for putting a verb to future they speak it "dja"

ja short spoken means "medicine" "ja pit" means poison "ja bah" = medicine crazy (everybody heard about already for sure)

jaa long spoken means "don´t" for example: do not forget = jaa luehm

for putting a verb to future they speak it "dja"

Totally wrong.

The Thai word for medicine does not start with a J, it starts with a Y sound

Yah pit

Yah bah

"Don't" is Yaa, not Jaa

http://www.thai-language.com/id/132958

http://www.thai-language.com/id/131125

Edited by Loong

Well, it's not really totally wrong, he just uses his own language (German) to transliterate Thai.

Unfortunately not many native English speakers will understand it, and even among English speakers there's a myriad of transliterations to describe even a simple Thai word as "krap".

Only one thing to do if you want to leave that all behind you: learn how to read Thai :D

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Fair enough Slick, but as his post was in English, he is obviously very good with the English language.

I am sure that he is aware of the pronunciation of the English consonant "J"

In the Northern dialect of Thai, Ja is used in place of kup or ka. Ja is also used in central dialect for "yes", or "understood" or as a sweetener after a the thai version of honey, "Ti lok, ja"

jaa is a more polite, sweet, version of ka, for women when talking to close friends/lovers, ok for men ONLY if you're talking to your girlfriend, otherwise it's considered feminine, lady-boyish, or if you want be funny

ja with a low deep tone means "will" as in will do something and you should hear this one more often

Familiar form of yes or ok, mainly for women, but sometime used by men when talking very sweet.

Edited by jcnbkk

You can often hear when thaigirls are talking on the phone and they end a sentence with ja or ja ja and it means yes or I understand

jaa is a more polite, sweet, version of ka, for women when talking to close friends/lovers, ok for men ONLY if you're talking to your girlfriend, otherwise it's considered feminine, lady-boyish, or if you want be funny

Interesting this cos I hear it 100 times a day, yet I never really thought about it before.

But to start, I hear two versions of this but they both mean the same thing, one is when an older answering a younger, sawasdee ja, then the one they use in the middle of an conversation, longer version of the same, but goes jaaaa. Think it is an Isaan thing, don´t hear it much from the locals here in the at least.

Not 100% sure about this either, but think but think a guy can use "ja" if talking to someone younger or of lower status. i would say it is similar to using a lower "wai" basically. Do think however if a Farang would use it he needs to be pretty skilled in Thai to pull it off without coming across as a tad odd.

If I am wrong about the male "ja", wonder if there is a similar way to say a "relaxed" kap?

You can say Sa wat dee Ja to an old woman or maybe to an old man too but I am not sure for the second. I asked a girl why a man said to an old lady (near us) Sa wat dee Ja and not used the ka in the end and she told me that this you can tell if you are talking to an old woman. So maybe the same is for an old man. By saying Ja you are showing more respect to the old person.

If you are talking about the same word then this is the possible answer.

Edited by patatas