Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Please Recommend a Thai language School

Madcat

Ok here goes,

I have been spending much more time in Pattaya than back home so finally its time to make the call.

I will move to Thailand (Pattaya) on a semi permanent basis from Mid Nov 2012 and intends to do the following.

a. Enrol in a Thai language School and learn basic Thai within 6 months ( will need an ED Visa too).

b. Learn Thai cooking as cooking is a hobby of mine.

I have searched the web on reputable schools and I wish to get some inputs from those who have gone through such courses.

Some forums have warned about unqualified teachers , schools that dont actually teach, schools that 'sells' visas etc. I really want to learn the language as I do work with Thai suppliers and learning the language will help me in many ways. I also am wary about the quality of students in these schools . Basically what I mean is that I need a serious school which has qualified teachers and the students are serious in learning ( cos we can learn from each other).

I am from Singapore and I do have an idea about prices but any updates would be useful and appreciated. To speed up my learning process , I will supplement with a private tutor ( if expenses allow ) and daily conversation with ladies in Pattaya.

In advance , I thank you for any information you may be able to provide me.

• 1 month later...

from my experience of learning new language i would recommend you finding a local private teacher. especially here in thailand it is not that much more expensive, sometimes even cheaper, since you dont pay for third parties. then you are much more flexible, because often you get a lot of input in a few hours which you can practise in your daily life and then just make a call whenever you need some new input. and instead of making foreign friends in language schools, you better try to make local friends...

i am very happy with my private teacher gigi who charges 300 baht an hour and can be reached via mail: [email protected]

Archived