IGNORED

Recover My External Hard Disk Data

JJ Mal

Please advise if anyone knows a place in Bangkok or Pattaya to recover data from an external hard drive which is partially damaged (may be physically).

My external Hard Drive 1TB Western Digital purchased one year before from USA. Accidently it was dropped on the floor with my laptop bag and now not accessible. The light is blinking but not recognized by the computer.

I had a lot of my important files, movies and some photographs taken during my LOS visits stored in that disk. I couldn’t find a qualified technical person in my country to recover data from a physically damaged disk.

Since I’m visiting Bangkok and Pattaya on next month I just wanted to search for a place if any in Bangkok to recover my disk.

Thank you!

I use a guy in Tuk Com on South Pattaya Road.

He's on the second floor, come off escalator, turn right, then right again and walk straight ahead. His shop is in front of you in the LH corner, back against the wall facing South Pattaya Road.

It's a computer repair shop and this guy can do just about anything.

I would say tukcom can be handy in Pattaya.

DIY: You have to remove the HDD from the case and reconnect and see if it work or get a new portable case (which is very cheap) and connect the HDD. It may detect and work.

Take a help from professional data recovery agency, a bit pricy but you are assured they won't spoil your HDD.

sorry i don't know where you can do that in Thailand.

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

I use a guy in Tuk Com on South Pattaya Road.

He's on the second floor, come off escalator, turn right, then right again and walk straight ahead. His shop is in front of you in the LH corner, back against the wall facing South Pattaya Road.

It's a computer repair shop and this guy can do just about anything.

Thanks for your great info Dean... I will try that option..

I would say tukcom can be handy in Pattaya.

DIY: You have to remove the HDD from the case and reconnect and see if it work or get a new portable case (which is very cheap) and connect the HDD. It may detect and work.

Take a help from professional data recovery agency, a bit pricy but you are assured they won't spoil your HDD.

sorry i don't know where you can do that in Thailand.

I hve done some first aids like removing it and fixing in to a new case.. But still no response. I can't find any professional dara recovery expert in my country also can't send it somewhere because I have some confidential data in it. I will try to find an expert in Bangkok or Pattaya since I'm going to visit next month. Thank you very much for your kind response..

I could check it out for you, but I'm not really equipped here. If it's damaged physically, then your chances are 50/50 even with a good agency at any money. Anyway, the only place I'd try in Pattaya is Tuckom. Bangkok must've better selection, but be prepared to pay at least twice the price of the HDD.

I could check it out for you, but I'm not really equipped here. If it's damaged physically, then your chances are 50/50 even with a good agency at any money. Anyway, the only place I'd try in Pattaya is Tuckom. Bangkok must've better selection, but be prepared to pay at least twice the price of the HDD.

Thanks Burn! I'm not sure it is a sever damage or not. I will be in Bangkok for 02 days and 01 night before come to Pattaya on 22nd nov. I will check it Bangkok first and then try Tuckom. I bought it from Los Angeles for $ 60 but the data value is uncountable. So, I willing to pay even more than the HDD cost.

the data value is uncountable.

Therefore be prepared to spend some money to get the data (such as is possible) recovered professionally. A well-spoken and knowlegeable person from the company listed below spoke to a class I attended. Supplement with your own research. Cheaper solutions may or may not yield satisfactory results. Good luck, and next time duplicate your data to another drive and/or online storage. We all know we should do that but don't always...duh (myself included). Best wishes.

http://www.drivesave...tarecovery.com/

Edited by CyberPro

Bad luck with the drive. I had one damaged by lightning so know how it feels. Mechanical damage can be wayyy worse and expensive to fix though.

Any signs of life besides the LED? Can you hear/feel it running? Any noises/clicks.

I wish you all the best but would be prepared for the worst ie: not recoverable or big $$$ to fix.

Therefore be prepared to spend some money to get the data (such as is possible) recovered professionally. A well-spoken and knowlegeable person from the company listed below spoke to a class I attended. Supplement with your own research. Cheaper solutions may or may not yield satisfactory results. Good luck, and next time duplicate your data to another drive and/or online storage. We all know we should do that but don't always...duh (myself included). Best wishes.

http://www.drivesave...tarecovery.com/

Thanks for your advice CyberPro! I will send them an email and inquire the cost. I always think to backup my data but never happen..

Bad luck with the drive. I had one damaged by lightning so know how it feels. Mechanical damage can be wayyy worse and expensive to fix though.

Any signs of life besides the LED? Can you hear/feel it running? Any noises/clicks.

I wish you all the best but would be prepared for the worst ie: not recoverable or big $$$ to fix.

Thanks! I feel a vibration inside the HDD cover and LED is blinking hours with no success... Hope to give a try while in LOS..