IGNORED

Help with L.G. SMART T.V. set up

cartoonman

Is there any wizard out there who can help me with my latest toy.

I bought a 32 inch L.G.Smart T.V. last week - all the adds say it`s easy to connect up to your computer and iPad ----But it isn't -- It`s a ******** nightmare.

I had two kids turn up to install the T.V. from Numchai`s and they had no idea what to do - They had to ring other "Experts" to guide them through just setting up the T.V. ( which took two and a half hours )

With that they left -

I have read the Guides but they are telling you to go to here then there and press that button 'That isn't there....

Then it tells you to go to it`s L.G. site and download this program 'Plex Media Server' - and once you have downloaded it - you click onto it and it opens WHEN IT WANTS TOO.. AAAHHHH!!!!!

Oh, I have just found out the Kids they sent didn't even plug the D.V.D. in. .Great Service.

So If there is anybody who has one of these L.G. SMART T.V. who found it simple and wants to help an Old Cartoonman out - Please let me know - I'll pay you for your time...

This SMART T.V. is Smarter than me.

Oh, just an added extra - I did get WiFi to work ( Basic ) and tried SKYPE - Signed in and they wouldn't let you use it until I bought THEIR 4,500 CAMERA -

Cheers

Edited by cartoonman

I don't get home until November 19th but would be willing to work for beer if you still need someone then.

Cheers,

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

"Oh, just an added extra - I did get WiFi to work ( Basic ) and tried SKYPE - Signed in and they wouldn't let you use it until I bought THEIR 4,500 CAMERA -"

Use Yahoo Messenger instead, very easy to use program, even an old guy like me worked it out.

Some random LG Smartass :GoldenSmile1: TV setup guide Hope this help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0TDDavAtD4&feature=fvsr

Some good info's here

http://www.avforums....-servers-2.html

Edited by Hellbender

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

Thanks Guys,

It`s taken about two weeks for "AN EASY SET UP" ( Ha,Ha,) but now "WE" have it working.

It seems PLEX wouldn't work with Service pack two - Once Service pack two went on - It worked.

It was a real pain in the arse - It`s not as easy as they say in their ADs....

If you haven't got help installing it - DON'T BUY ONE.