IGNORED

Warning: Amari Hotel, Phnom Penh

wdwflash

Warning: Unless you like thieves, bedbugs and threats of harm, avoid the Amari hotel, Street 136, Phnom Penh like the Black Plague. Recently I stayed at the Amari and on check in they "palmed"/stole my truck keys. Later it was just by luck that I was able to stop them as they were driving my truck away (stealing it.)

As the Phnom Penh police are useless I locked my truck and went back to my room. On pulling back the bed covers it was BedBug-Fest 2012. I've never seen so many bugs in a bed! After getting a new room from the surly desk clerk, I went to make ice, but found black hairs on the ice tray, also the TV cable wasn't working and there were dead legs-in-the-air cockroach's in the corner of the room. As I remember the news story about the tourists in Northern Thailand being killed by the bug spray in their room. I wondered what I was sleeping in.

On returning to the Cambodian shore, I emailed the Amari hotel about what happened. They Ameri emailed my back and said "F*ck U" and stated that they were going to come to Sihanoukville to get me. Yes, a very friendly/safe hotel. NOT!

Stay at the Ameri at your own risk.

Thanks for this. Maybe post a Tripadvisor review, and post the letter they sent you here?

Just FYI, this hotel is not in any way connected to the Thai Amari hotels as far as I know.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

Havn't stayes there for a while. think it's getting run down due to lack of investment and poor management, security boxes at reception are not very secure.

There are better hotels about now. Golden House on 136 is only a couple of years old much better quality