Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nano SIM cards available in thailand yet?

jgreg82

Got a new iPhone 5 which uses the smallest nano sim. Does anyone know if these nano sims are available in thailand yet?

I'm not talking about the micro sim by the way which is in the iPhone 4, 4s and some Samsung phones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If they're not available yet - the girls at the booth where you'd be buying the SIM will will probably have a cutter. As a last resort you can always try MBK or Tukcom if your heading straight to Pattaya, they should have it there.

Try Telewiz in Tukcom. They are official resellers for AIS.

Don't think a cutter will help, because the nano sim is slimmer.

Phil

Yeah all a cutter will do is cut a normal sim into a nano sim,but as the nano is thinner than a normal/micro sim then it wont fit in the phone,if you are stuck you could use some sandpaper to shave off a millimeter or two.

• 3 weeks later...

I've cut normal sim cards for both the Iphone 4 and HTC one X with no issues due to slimness. Just visit any of the million phone retailers as most will have one.

Regards,

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

I can confirm that ordinary SIM cards cut down to nano size with a cutting tool do fit in an IPhone 5.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Dtac (happy)have them , normal sim with a press out microsim, got one for free at sivarnhabumi by stepping out airplaine (KLM /AIRFRANCE )

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

I can confirm that ordinary SIM cards cut down to nano size with a cutting tool do fit in an IPhone 5.

Good to know, as I have just got one! Hopefully PAYG data sim are available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 1 year later...

I got my Nano-sim for iPhone 5 from the AIS-stand in Tukcom. It's on the 2nd floor. They can also change from a normal sim to a nano-sim if you wish to keep your number.

<p><span style="font-size:18px;"><span style="font-family:'Brush Script MT';">Never Say Never</span></span></p><div><p><span style="font-size:12px;"> </span></p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">about 20 trips to LOS, next trip in Dec-15...</span></span></p><p> </p><p><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:Arial, 'sans-serif';">

Anyone use their AIS sim card in iPhone 6 yet? I have it in my iPhone 4. Thanks.

Yup me, got an AIS sim for my iPhone 6 this month works fine. 

Bought it from the AIS branch in Central. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived