IGNORED

Golf Clubs Rental

Contangee

For my next trip, I would ideally like to play 2-3 round of golfs and may be go to the driving range when bored. Will not be able to bring my own clubs since I am not flying directly from home. I am interested to know if there is any way to rent clubs and golf bag for a week or two, presumably at cheaper rate than daily rentals. I am a new player so not too fussy about the type of clubs.

The Golf Club on Soi LK Metro have rentals,and can also organize anything you need in relation to golf.Good guys there,and the food is good as well.It is right next door to Devils Den.You should know where that is right?They have rentals as well,and they are a lot easier to hit flush.:)

Thanks Skalliwag, I should have no problem finding it. As for daily club rentals, what is the average price ?

I also find the Golf Club's website just in case future readers are interest

http://www.golfclubpattaya.com/

I'm not sure what the daily rate is to be honest.I always take my own,as Im there long time.But I do play with these guys a fair bit,and they are all good shits.

• 4 weeks later...

Besides prices can anyone tell me what KIND of clubs they rent ?

Do they rent top brands or just a bunch of crap ?

TIA

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Besides prices can anyone tell me what KIND of clubs they rent ?

Do they rent top brands or just a bunch of crap ?

TIA

TBH,not sure.Email them off their website,and they will tell you.They are good guys,and all love their golf.

TBH,not sure.Email them off their website,and they will tell you.They are good guys,and all love their golf.

Thanks.

I've just gotten some "numbers" from a guy I know who visits Patts with some regularity.

500 baht to the bar (transportation & a little betting)

500 baht to rent the clubs

500 baht tip to the caddie (I'd read 100-300 here - old info ?)

500(?) baht for a cart (don't think I could walk most courses, especially in the heat)

Total - 2000 baht, approx $65 and we haven't even accounted for the greens fee.

This about right ?

I mean I can play, in South Florida, a course formerly a regular PGA Tour stop, for $30, cart included. And the course IS in good shape. Admittedly we're not quite "in season" yet but,,,,,,,,,,,,

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Be careful of this place=="The golf Club" on soi LK. I went in to inquire about playing a round with them. told them i was a hack, didn't really follow rules as i just enjoyed the game. Just wanted to play and not be bothered with rules or be a bother to those that are strict players.

we go out and play the navy course by the base south of patters. about the 3rd hole the guys I'm playing with are giving me shit about kicking my ball back into the fairway from a water hazard. I told them it's just me, no worries i'm just hitting it for some fun and a chance to get out. they tell me it's a tourney-i'm in with one of the guys in my foursome (and he wasn't happy), He actually asked me "how long have you been playing golf?" (only 45 years not to mention 5 years of caddying-I just suck at golf)...anyways, at the end of the day I've got to sign the score cards etc, etc... IT WAS AN UGLY ENDING and I did feel for the guy that was supposedly my partner in the game.

anyways, I told they guys I wasn't in it for a game and continued to play my normal shitty FUN round but was critisized big time from there out. I was a bit pissed as i made it VERY, VERY clear about not wanting to be in ANY KIND of planned outing other then to get a ride and play for FUN. I would never play with this place unless you are ready to play in a guided/semi tourney situation of competitive golf with a partner or more.

just saying.

essentually I felt they were just looking for more folks to put inot the kitty for a bigger payoff.

I got nothing but grief for it.

btw, it happened in 2010.

(ok, I feel better,)

but FYI!

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Glad you get it out of your system. So for total newbies without golf buddies, what would you suggest ?

Sorry to see you had a bad time.Wonder who it was that you played with.Certainly Wasnt me that's for sure.To many people are too serious about their golf,I will agree with that.I like to listen to music in the golf course,and have been slammed for that.I also like to get drunk as well.

If you want a chillin round of Golf,I know The Sugar Shack on Pattayaland 1 play three times a week,and has NO tournemants at all.

Thanks.

I've just gotten some "numbers" from a guy I know who visits Patts with some regularity.

500 baht to the bar (transportation & a little betting)

500 baht to rent the clubs

500 baht tip to the caddie (I'd read 100-300 here - old info ?)

500(?) baht for a cart (don't think I could walk most courses, especially in the heat)

Total - 2000 baht, approx $65 and we haven't even accounted for the greens fee.

This about right ?

500 sounds high for clubs.

Buggy is probably right.

Not many people tip 500 to the caddy.300 is the norm.Depending on how you like her.

And around 1000 for the round.2 grand is a good day.Probably right.

Plus booze.

I mean I can play, in South Florida, a course formerly a regular PGA Tour stop, for $30, cart included. And the course IS in good shape. Admittedly we're not quite "in season" yet but,,,,,,,,,,,,

Glad you get it out of your system. So for total newbies without golf buddies, what would you suggest ?

I had a couple of good rounds with the fellows at le katai on soi lengkee.

the set up was run well and although I was playing with 3 guys that were quite a bit better then me (one guy putted for a birdie on 8 straight holes), they didn't seem to care to much and we got along quite well.

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

My recommendation would be to pop down to Thaigerline Golf in soi chiapoon (off soi bauckow - up from triangle bar). Fabien and his wife Kik will; sort you out with clubs, guys to play with and anything else you need to know...good website too. :GoldenSmile1: