IGNORED

Best seafood restaurant in Pattaya ?

Suttangrak claims to be the 'best seafood restaurant in Pattaya' and i have to say 'Yes this is the best seafood restaurant in Pattaya'

better than Mum aroy Naklua or next door Pupen .

It's situated on the end of Jomtien beach road so you need a motorbike or taxi to get there but it's absolutely worth the effort .

Top quality food for very reasonable prices (900 Baht for 2 persons for a lot of food) , top service and a good atmosphere .

07102012093.jpg-2.jpg

07102012092.jpg-2.jpg

I took the expert with me and she agrees :Grin3: .

Nice pic of the gf and the fish dish too there!!

My fav dish is the plaa neung manao (steamed fish with lime/chilli) which your having there but is usually around 300-350bt at most seafood restaurants?

I usually go to Lung Savay or Phupen at the end of the Jomtien beach rd down there so I must have gone past this place then on the way, but there usually packed out with thais??

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Nice pic of the gf and the fish dish too there!!

My fav dish is the plaa neung manao (steamed fish with lime/chilli) which your having there but is usually around 300-350bt at most seafood restaurants?

I usually go to Lung Savay or Phupen at the end of the Jomtien beach rd down there so I must have gone past this place then on the way, but there usually packed out with thais??

It's just 100mtr before Pupen coming from Pattaya . Passing there for almost 4 years and never noticed

the place myself . They have an enormous parking at the back of the restaurant and in the weekends it's

packed with Bangkok Thais .

The fish was 400bht and delicious so like i said reasonable priced .

Been to Pupen a few times but the service sucks , much better at Suttangrak .

If I remember well, inside the Central Market road (direction from TOPS store Carrefour to the left about 100 meters), these fish baked or cooked around 250 BTH.

Sailor bar soi 8 has if I remember fish for 250 BTH.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

If I remember well, inside the Central Market road (direction from TOPS store Carrefour to the left about 100 meters), these fish baked or cooked around 250 BTH.

Sailor bar soi 8 has if I remember fish for 250 BTH.

Sorry Thajec , it's not about who has the cheapest fish , i can buy baked fish from the carts for 130/150 Bht .

Comparing a farang bar selling fish with a decent Thai seafood restaurant isn't making much sense .

I ate at one at the very end of Jomtien Beach road that set up their chairs right by the water, the fish was amazingly good and the sauce you put on with the nuts. Service was shit but that's ok, I will keep an eye out for this place the next time I drive down there.

I ate at one at the very end of Jomtien Beach road that set up their chairs right by the water, the fish was amazingly good and the sauce you put on with the nuts. Service was shit but that's ok, I will keep an eye out for this place the next time I drive down there.

Must be Pupen , food is ok but the service doesn't work as there is not enough staff and the kitchen is 300mtr from the seaside tables .

There are many style of seafood. There are Japanese (sushi, sashimi), Thai (like pictured above), Chinese, Korean, English (let's be liberal with the definition and include fish and chips ha ha ha), and etc.

Are you just looking for any type of seafood?

Food is good but the ladyboy waiter-esses spoil the ambiance

pupen.jpg

Retired

There are many style of seafood. There are Japanese (sushi, sashimi), Thai (like pictured above), Chinese, Korean, English (let's be liberal with the definition and include fish and chips ha ha ha), and etc.

Are you just looking for any type of seafood?

As you can see in the first picture they also have sushi (but to expensive) .

I love king prawns shrimps etc wheres best to smash of them down?

Most of them use farmed fish, Tubtim or the like, even the live ones are swimming around in murky fresh water, no thanks.

To me a good fish restaurant would use fish and prawns from the sea, not the farm

I love king prawns shrimps etc wheres best to smash of them down?

Uuuuh ..... Suttangrak .. :Think1: ?

Most of them use farmed fish, Tubtim or the like, even the live ones are swimming around in murky fresh water, no thanks.

To me a good fish restaurant would use fish and prawns from the sea, not the farm

So tell us which restaurant(s) sells (or say they do) fish and prawns from the sea .. ?

Jerry wheres that mate?

Maybe you should read the original post .

It's at the end of Jomtien beach road .

http://www.suttangrak.com/

The website has got a map on it . Ask any taxidriver and he will get you there .

So tell us which restaurant(s) sells (or say they do) fish and prawns from the sea .. ?

None as far as I know. Fish is a big disappointment to me in Thailand,

I sometimes buy the Indian Halibut to cook at home, they can be nice but you don't see it much in restaurants. Also King Mackerel is good if you can get it, has to be fresh.

Sorry Thajec , it's not about who has the cheapest fish , i can buy baked fish from the carts for 130/150 Bht .

Comparing a farang bar selling fish with a decent Thai seafood restaurant isn't making much sense .

It is O.K. jerry. Yes I understand what you speak and what you have in mind. I did not want to compete for a place where the cheapest fish. If it was my post on this topic, so I apologize. It was not my intention to compare prices. I just wrote only, where you can also buy fish at the restaurant. The prices which I wrote are not fish prices from the carts. Cheers. :hello09:

Edited by THAJEC

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

• 2 weeks later...

I usually do the Pupen,but yes service is poor and LB's are overwhelming, I'll try this place next time, thanks for the tip.

I found this place to be average. Went there one night and was almost carried way by the hordes of mosquitoes. Even the coils under the table didnt help.

The food was average and service not much better, we had almost finished our meals when they bought out the rice which should have been served with food not after we'd almost finished.

We ordered the fried fish, prawns with asparagus, tom yum gong, chilli squid and rice. Fish was ok, we only got 3 prawns and the rest asparagus for 160baht, tom yum was ok had better, squid was ok but again not a big serve and cant complain about the rice.

Imho and the people with me agree that Mom Aroi 3rd rd craps over this place no problem, went there a week later and has never disappointed.

Has anyone tried the seafood buffet at A-One hotel beach rd for 699baht?? I ran out of nights to try.

I found this place to be average. Went there one night and was almost carried way by the hordes of mosquitoes. Even the coils under the table didnt help.

The food was average and service not much better, we had almost finished our meals when they bought out the rice which should have been served with food not after we'd almost finished.

Imho and the people with me agree that Mom Aroi 3rd rd craps over this place no problem, went there a week later and has never disappointed.

This was my impression after my one and only visit which was about 3 years ago.

I thought things had maybe improved ?

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

This was my impression after my one and only visit which was about 3 years ago.

I thought things had maybe improved ?

Thanks for confirming my thoughts.

I'm shore every restaurant has is good and 'not so good' days . After visiting Mum aroi for 4 years at least once

a week and Suttangrak about 5 times the last month i think on average Suttangrak is still the better choice .

Have to say we usually go in the afternoon and not on evenings or in weekends when it can be very busy

and hectic (just like in Mum aroi) .

yes from the sea will always be better

Erm ..... I think this is why they are called SEAFOOD restaurants.