Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best sim card for data?

Christo69

12call unlimited package. You get 3gb of 3g then you're restricted to 2g speeds but unlimited data. Free wifi all around town with this package too.

It's 799 baht a month plus vat. Works out at 855 baht I think.

They do a 2gb package for 599 I think and a 1gb one cheaper still. Your choice. Those 2 aren't unlimited though.

If you are not on a 30 tourist stamp, True has an unlimited post pay plan for 899 baht. I like True but I also think 12Call is better if you plan on going up north. My True data was unusable last time I was in Issan.

Sent via Zen from the Liberator.

• 4 weeks later...

Garzan,

Does that include post pay calling as well?

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

IF u can get post paid ( have a work permit OR

passport, Thai form of id,( drivers license) an thai credit card)

I use AIS

1 gig 3 g ( yea right) and than unlimited 2 g

250 minutes

250 sms

450 baht/month

• 2 weeks later...

12call unlimited package. You get 3gb of 3g then you're restricted to 2g speeds but unlimited data. Free wifi all around town with this package too.

It's 799 baht a month plus vat. Works out at 855 baht I think.

They do a 2gb package for 599 I think and a 1gb one cheaper still. Your choice. Those 2 aren't unlimited though.

Is this prepaid? also what do you mean by "free wifi around town"

Thanks

Winner Best Adult Web Developer at the Australian Adult Industry Awards 2022 and 2023

• 2 weeks later...

Dtac is 399 Baht a month unlimited if you're not concerned about Speed.

First 1GB is at 3G speeds and then throttles back to Edge/GPRS which is fine if you're only after Banking and Emails.

Garzan,

Kurt

look at my post above

All 3 networks are about the same speed. So then you just worry about coverage, price and service. Check those out here

how do you get 3bb hotspot with 12call?

Winner Best Adult Web Developer at the Australian Adult Industry Awards 2022 and 2023

• 3 months later...

Garzan,

Kurt

Didn't see this until now. My True post pay is unlimited in country voice, and unlimited data. Also no extra charge for tethering (unlike the US) and unlimited use of True hotspots.

I do pay extra when I direct dial the US.

Last time I went up to visit the village it even works marginally well there too.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

• 1 year later...

Digging up an old thread  :Sorry2: but it gave me good info last time... Staying on Soi 6, what the best fastest way to get phone and data credit for the week im there?

I cant find my old AIS sim plus i think it was a large style SIM and my phone is now micro sim...

Last time it was about 1000baht for way to much call/text credit 1gb of 3G data then unlimited h+, as well as access to the hotspots round town...

what the best fastest way to get phone and data credit for the week im there?

Buy a new SIM and service plan at one of the provider kiosks in the Arrivals hall at Suvarnabhumi.  DTAC has Happy Tourist SIM, 300 baht for 7 days unlimited internet and 100 baht worth of call credit.

Then what is the best date SIM card for pattaya?

DTAC all the way for me.  399B 30 days unlimited internet up to 1.5gb, and then it slows down, unless you top-up with 200B more.  And abroad you can receive free SMS -- this is the only Thai carrier that doesn't charge for this.  And if you top-up your card enough, it will last for a whole year.  I'm on a pre-paid plan and my calls are .25B/minute, but during 6pm to 10pm it is 2B/minute.  This is by far the cheapest deal in Thailand, I think. 

Ive been lookin online and AIS also now has a traveller SIM package.

299 baht gets you 7 days unlimited Data with 1.5gb of High Speed (Im assuming 3G)

100 baht of calls/text - Calls start from 1 baht a min and sms are 3 baht.

http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/visiting/sim-for-traveller-en.aspx

So whichever seems pretty good :)

• 1 month later...

DTAC Call center confirmed the last day for register is Dec 31st 2014, and you get 6 months of 3G/4G double data.  

• 12GB - 799 Baht - Press: *104*343*5720283*9# send  (English)

• 6GB - 650 Baht -  Press *104*23*5720283*9# send  (English)

• 3GB - 399 Baht -  Press *104*21*5720283*9# send  (English)

• 1GB - 199 Baht -  Press *104*26*5720283*9# send  (English)

Archived