Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

iPad

badboybilly

iM THINKING about buying a ipad....i dont know much about computers...........so basically is an ipad the same as a laptop?

I would like to use it for Skype so my friends in Thailand can see me via video and i can walk around with it.a lap tops too hard to walk around with.

Does the Ipad need a wireless device when u go somewhere with it as my laptop needs one .

Ipads are great for Skype and email etc but you cannot run Flash applications or download torrent files. I personally prefer the new Galaxy Tab with a Quad core processor and 2 GB of RAM giving you plenty of power and all the abilities of an Ipad. Just my two cents

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

Can I walk around with this IPAD,and get Skype Cam with my friends?

Can I walk around with this IPAD,and get Skype Cam with my friends?

Yes you can, but you need access to wi fi to get on the net.

1 pick your hotel or guest house that inculdes the service.

2 You can use your Ipad in most US style coffee shops (Maccas/ Starbucks etc.) free whilst having a drink

I'm sure others can add bars restaurants etc. to the list.

I took mine last year and no problems.

PS now I have an app that is a wifi tracker. Therefore this year from my hotel it will show me wifi spots that are free close by

Hope thet helps

PS it is excellent for skype...

Edited by papadoc

When I was at home, I was in a better place.

Alas, we travelers must be content

iPads..Instant start up,Light as a feather,Massive battery life,Zillions of apps.

One day they will seem primitive,but today they are powerful,portable and multipurpose accessories for modern living. Worth having for sure.

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I use my iPad only on holiday for movies and Skype.

It works no problem if you can get wifi access from your hotel.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

During my last trip (Aug/Sep) I took my iPad (3G). It work well, I had no issues hooking up to the hotels free wifi and also bought a Thai micro sim from one of the phones shops at Big C for 800Baht. The micro sim enabled me to use the iPad anywhere I went on my travels hooking up to the Thai broadband service. Using Skype, emails, Internet was an ease and I loaded it up with some movies, music and games etc and the girls loved playing with it as well.

I found the cheapest retailer in Aus to get one is believe it or not is Big W. I personally would encourage you to get the wifi 3G in either 16, 32 or 64Gb. A micro sim (pre paid) for 12 months should cost you around $140AUD which will enable you to hook up to the carriers broadband service anywhere here, therefore not requiring the need to hook up to wifi.

In summary, it's light, simple, portable, cheap and you can customise it for your needs.

I did play around with one of the girls Samsung tablets, which is about half the size of the iPad and it was also very good. They were selling originals at Tukcom for between 13,000 - 17,000 baht depending upon the memory size, though I did prefer the iPad as I like the size.

I prefer the Wifi only version , I only use at home , Airport lounges or hotels , so no need for the extra expense for 3G

Great piece of kit and so simple to use

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

+1 I find it sooo useful, not just for skype, and checking/sending emails, but with the huge range of apps it is a very useful tool.

I use it for stock trading and find it a superb piece of kit. I have the 3g version but never use that facility as there is wi-fi just about everywhere!

The battery also lasts around 9 hours between charges and recharges in about 2 hours.

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

Unless you REALLY need the power of a laptop an ipad is a great choice. Ideal to carry around, good battery life, quick start up. Perfect for web browsing, skype and for Kindle book reading. I would go for the Samsung Note 10.1 but it is too expensive compared to the ipad3.

I personally would encourage you to get the wifi 3G in either 16, 32 or 64Kb.

I think 16 ,32 or 64GB makes more sense .

The wife has got an Ipad 3 , she's not a wizz kid but they're so user friendly that she never asks me to help , perfect .

I always take my iPad on my trips to Thailand

Just buy the wifi version

Because you can only use the 3G if you pay for the connection

Great device

Great for downloading newspapers from your country

To read the beach,swimming pol

so these are more or less replacing laptops?

i saw apple ipad 2 ,do they have a camera too,can i take photos.?

sorry im not computer literate.........basically what i want is something i can take to work with me...something i can use skype cam..........and maybe has a camera too.............can i replace my laptop with a Ipad?

Edited by badboybilly

Just get the new iPad , not the 2 , yes has a camera and you can take pics , but a little bulky to carry around , more for FaceTime or Skype

iPad is perfect to go on holiday with and surf the Internet, but you still need a PC at home

Go in your Apple store at home and get them to take you through it

Edited by Stillearly

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

i saw apple ipad 2 ,do they have a camera too,can i take photos.?

Go for the new Ipad , better camera , high res screen .

• 2 weeks later...

Last two trips I've taken only the iPad (was always toting laptop) but it's now my go-to system. Bought a Logitech keyboard cover but I only use it for long letters and programming (I can even code and support my clients on the damn thing. Admittedly it's not as easy as a laptop, but it's as useful as a netbook for these things).

I tell my clients. An iPad is......... well........... an iPad. It does many things well, but it is NOT a laptop replacement.

Light, simple to use, good battery. email, skype, simple browsing, games, movies. taking photos, great for travel.

I tell my clients. An iPad is......... well........... an iPad. It does many things well, but it is NOT a laptop replacement.

Light, simple to use, good battery. email, skype, simple browsing, games, movies. taking photos, great for travel.

Does a hell of a lot more than that!

I run a business across multiple countries. I have an iPad as my primary device. My MacBook Pro can go weeks without being used...

Last two trips I've taken only the iPad (was always toting laptop) but it's now my go-to system. Bought a Logitech keyboard cover but I only use it for long letters and programming (I can even code and support my clients on the damn thing. Admittedly it's not as easy as a laptop, but it's as useful as a netbook for these things).

I used to bring a laptop on my travels to LOS, but no longer. My iPad2 does replace my laptop with the extremely useful Logitech keyboard cover. I do websurfing, Emails, read books, trade the markets, write papers, use spreadsheets to track my investments and personal finance. The only place I really miss the laptop is with spreadsheets. The spreadsheets available for iPad are compatible with Excel, but lack all the functionality of Excel.

Edited by Rob55