Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Good Cantonese or Chiu Chow

Try the New Choy Soy Restaurant on Soi Chiayapoon behind Oasis ago go on Soi Buakow.

Or China Garden at the top of Soi Lengkee they both do great chinese food. I think the New choy Soy restaurant is cheaper & nicer though.

Honestly if you are expecting anything like Singapore, KL, HK or even London or Australian quality Cantonese food you will be sorely disappointed in Pattaya.

There is nothing here remotely like that quality and you would have to go to BKK.

I think it'll change as more & more Chinese people visit Pattaya, but for now the Chinese food here is very average.

Edited by PeterKe

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

I find Chinese food in Patts is cooked more like how they are done in western countries.

The cook in CS asked me how her fried rice was, I told her in Singapore & Malaysia we would use overnight cooked rice stored in the fridge. She told me that farang likes their fried rice softer.

It's better to pay now then to pay later. Nothing is free.

There is a Cantonese style restaurant in Central Plaza. 5th or 6th floor can't remember.

The food is OK and reasonable price.

Never had a problem with food and costs but unfortunately last time I was in there I entered just as they were opening up.

Got order taken straight away. My entree arrived within a couple of minutes.

I got carried away reading a newspaper and when I looked up, the place was half full and and many people were served with their meals!

I still had not received my meal and after ages trying to get staff attention I gave up. Walked over to the counter and put 40 baht I think it was for my dimsum and walked out. But I would probably give them one more shot.

When I was at home, I was in a better place.

Alas, we travelers must be content

The Chinese are the Number 1 Tourist in the All of Thailand but there restaurants are few and far between..What few I have found are not good in my opinion and far to expensive for crap food....

Man want to start a good business well here is a great idea...All I seem to see are More and More fish and Chips joints..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Why would Chinese eat chinese in LOS? Canuk myself, why I would look for canadian fare in LOS?

When in LOS, I enjoy LOS grub. Ah, you would say, there is no Can couisine. Ever tried BBQ seal,

pulled bison, rakoon deep fried feet or skunk balls? Delicious.

For the very Same reasons Italians seek out Italian Restaurants. French seek out French places, Russian eat at Russian joints....English seek out there Pies and fish and chips

I'm Neither~~I would like to see a good Chinese Place..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Canton house, central festival.

One time I had tiger prawns in garlic, morning glory, two dim sum items, ice tea, about 300 baht. The other time, I had a whole steamed fish and bowl of rice, also about 300 baht. Lot of dim sum on the menu, but I think they are just microwaving some of that stuff.

Canton house, central festival.

One time I had tiger prawns in garlic, morning glory, two dim sum items, ice tea, about 300 baht. The other time, I had a whole steamed fish and bowl of rice, also about 300 baht. Lot of dim sum on the menu, but I think they are just microwaving some of that stuff.

That's the problem really. You can get Chinese food here. You just can't get good Chinese food here. Canton House is a very poor imitation of Crystal Jade.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

but with all the chinese people coming to Patts by the coach load their must chinese food available. there's a place on beach road before the hard rock cafe that always has chinese coaches dropping off a load off people. will have to try it some time. maybe someone already has??

Edited by faneechomper

post-44180-0-59180800-1344972136.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Canton house, 5th floor central festival. It is tasty and most like Chinese food. The pic was taken almost 10 month ago. I dont know if they change the prices(The price is keep rising these years). Enjoy.

IMG_1110.JPG

Edited by charlesyu

• 4 weeks later...

Try the New Choy Soy Restaurant on Soi Chiayapoon behind Oasis ago go on Soi Buakow.

Or China Garden at the top of Soi Lengkee they both do great chinese food. I think the New choy Soy restaurant is cheaper & nicer though.

I'll have to give it a chance in 3 weeks, My room is just above it!

My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son of a BITCH!