Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sabai Lodge- do they have safes in the room?

17hrs2freedom

Read many good things about this hotel- about to book. They have safes in the room?

Anyone had issues about theft? Bringing the laptop.

Thanks in advance

R A M O N E S! :D

The sabai wing definatly have laptop sized room safes.

You might want to check if the Lodge and the resort do though...

I've only stayed at the sabai wing... very nice indeed

Murg

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

I would no sooner put my money in an in-room safe than shut my balls in the sliding balcony door at high speed.

hotel front of house reception boxes, two keys, now THAT'S safe.

I would no sooner put my money in an in-room safe than shut my balls in the sliding balcony door at high speed.

Hotel front of house reception boxes, two keys, now THAT'S safe.

is there anything wrong with the hotel safe or are you extra paranoid?

From memory, a small laptop should fit - not sure about one of those widescreen jobs. I didn't take my laptop when staying here but it was big enough for DSLR + extra lens, compact and a host of other crap. No problems with security here - staff were excellent.

Every room has a safe. But it's a small one and won't fit bigger laptops. I have stayed in a few different room sizes over the years and have no complaints. The security in the hotel is good too so you have nothing to worry about. If you are worried about your laptop stick it in your case before you go out and lock the case up.

I stayed in the Sabai Lodge Dolphin Wing and the it would have to be s small laptop to fit into the safe.

• 2 weeks later...

I exchanged a few emails with 17hrs and he has been a bit disappointed with his Ruen Thai Pool room -- specifically, loud music at night(?) and no wi-fi available in the room.

Is this consistent with other Board Members' experiences at this hotel, or should he inquire about changing rooms/hotels? As I understood his emails, the lack of wifi and the loud noise in the evenings (starting around 10pm) were enough for him to consider a move.

Thanks, friends.

I exchanged a few emails with 17hrs and he has been a bit disappointed with his Ruen Thai Pool room -- specifically, loud music at night(?) and no wi-fi available in the room.

Is this consistent with other Board Members' experiences at this hotel, or should he inquire about changing rooms/hotels? As I understood his emails, the lack of wifi and the loud noise in the evenings (starting around 10pm) were enough for him to consider a move.

Thanks, friends.

It is loud at that section but if he askes to be moved to the rooms next to the big pool or the Sabiwing he wont hear a sound.

Thanks, friends.

no problem at the resort safes small but security in hotel on there toes may be cause i was never in my room at 10pm :P:)

Thank you, gentlemen. I'll pass this information along.

It sounded like he generally enjoyed the atmosphere at the resort, but there must have been some kind of crazy loud music for him to complain. He is generally pretty easy going, and wouldn't be back trying to sleep until 2-3am...

Whatever - I'm sure Sabai personnel will assist him with a room swap.

Thank you, gentlemen. I'll pass this information along.

It sounded like he generally enjoyed the atmosphere at the resort, but there must have been some kind of crazy loud music for him to complain. He is generally pretty easy going, and wouldn't be back trying to sleep until 2-3am...

Whatever - I'm sure Sabai personnel will assist him with a room swap.

They are brilliant mate. I have stayed in a million hotels including the high end chains and the Sabailodge are still my fav for service etc. I'd bore you with the little things they have helped me with.

It does say on their website that WiFi is only available over in the sabaiwing in their defence.

Here's their website mate.

http://www.sabailodge.com/

The sabai wing definatly have laptop sized room safes.

You might want to check if the Lodge and the resort do though...

I've only stayed at the sabai wing... very nice indeed

Murg

Sabai Resort have room safes. But I doubt you could fit a laptop in to it. Stayed there 2 weeks ago. Very happy with it. Big rooms, big beds and very clean. Payed 1450baht, but they have cheaper rooms as well. Will be my choise in Pattaya for a long time to come.

Cheers

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools"

• 1 month later...

You can get a dell laptop in the safe.

I am sorry to have to tell you though, the lap top will be stolen you will dye of syphyls and your cock will go balck and fall off.

Find another hotel, this ones full.

Bastads.

Get me another girl, this ones full!

• 4 weeks later...

Hotel front of house reception boxes, two keys, now THAT'S safe.

hotel receptions are not totally secure either. Keep your money in the bank and suck out what you need by ATM. Safer still.

I've been staying at Sabai Lodge for over 5 years. Great place. I actually run a twice a year golf tournament for all my friends and we stay there. The best rooms are at the Dolphin Pool. There's only 10 rooms around a pool and very quiet. Never had any theft problems, but what I do is lock my valuables in my suitcase not the safe. If you're like me save yourself 100 baht and opt for no breakfast included. Never made it up in time.