Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mobile Phones

7ony55

I see a lot of posts where guys use their mobiles in Thailand having bought a local sim card, clearly cheaper option than paying roaming charges. However, I can't be alone in having an iPhone on contract and so locked to a UK mobile company. What do most guys do, buy a cheap unlocked phone in Uk, or get one with the sim in Thailand??

Advise please lads.

Which iPhone do you have, and what network?

I've moved this to the correct section for you.

I've just brought a cheap unlocked phone from tescos for 15 quid. I'm sure this will do me fine for my trip!

Bill

I used to unlock my iPhone with software and later with the Gevey SIM. But I got tired playing the upgrade unlock game which causes stability trouble too. So last year I bought the 4S unlocked and I will get 5 unlocked too. Expensive gadget but I play with it for hours every day so fair enough.

Tesco lotus sells cheap phones ( 600/700 Baht) .

Thai sim 50 Baht , all you need .

I would go the 'buy a local phone and sim' route! Tuckom have a huge selection at cheap prices! I would be wary of trying to unlock your Iphone. I've heard there are stability issues with an unlocked contract Iphone.

I recently started a whiskey diet......I've lost three days already!

I see a lot of posts where guys use their mobiles in Thailand having bought a local sim card, clearly cheaper option than paying roaming charges. However, I can't be alone in having an iPhone on contract and so locked to a UK mobile company. What do most guys do, buy a cheap unlocked phone in Uk, or get one with the sim in Thailand??

Advise please lads.

It may be different in the UK but in Oz the first thing I do is get it unlocked even if under contract. Its no skin of the telco's nose, as you're still paying for the handset anyway. Ask your carrier if you can and explain that you are travelling and want to use a local sim.

In any case, there are instructions online on how to do it, and plenty of places in Thailand that will do it for you in less then 5 minutes.