IGNORED

learn-thai-podcast.com

adebisi

Anyone know if you sign up for the one year programme do you only get one year to access it? And can you download it all so you can use it after the one year?

Yes with LTP you only get access to the website for one year. However you can download everything through ITunes to your hard drive.

One tip, If you are serious about learning Thai, find a method that is right you. While a lot of people on here have found this course useful, I personally find learning through videos too passive. Your not going to magically be able to speak Thai overnight just watching the videos. I would suggest you try watching some of the free videos of the LTP website before taking the plunge. All the videos are based on the same learning method.

For me I found the LTP course to have some excellent high quality videos, And the size of the course is incredible (at least 1year + of material in my opinion). However for me, I tended to daydream through the videos, and even when I concentrated I did not feel learnt enough from the course because there were no exercises to apply the knowledge.

If you feel LTP is still for you, they have a sale every few weeks where you can pick up the course for half price for subscribers to their newsletter. (PM me and you can try to dig out a link from my mail if you want)

Having purchased both courses, my learning program of choice is High Speed Thai. After one year I can now read and write Thai, and am functional in most situations. I am still working through the material but I feel I am definitely progressing.

No learning method is right for everyone just do your research first, and remember you have your money back guarantee and don't be afraid to use it.

Edited by Lucky Misfit

I'm here for a fun time not a long time!  

Yes with LTP you only get access to the website for one year. However you can download everything through ITunes to your hard drive.

One tip, If you are serious about learning Thai, find a method that is right you. While a lot of people on here have found this course useful, I personally find learning through videos too passive. Your not going to magically be able to speak Thai overnight just watching the videos. I would suggest you try watching some of the free videos of the LTP website before taking the plunge. All the videos are based on the same learning method.

For me I found the LTP course to have some excellent high quality videos, And the size of the course is incredible (at least 1year + of material in my opinion). However for me, I tended to daydream through the videos, and even when I concentrated I did not feel learnt enough from the course because there were no exercises to apply the knowledge.

If you feel LTP is still for you, they have a sale every few weeks where you can pick up the course for half price for subscribers to their newsletter. (PM me and you can try to dig out a link from my mail if you want)

Having purchased both courses, my learning program of choice is High Speed Thai. After one year I can now read and write Thai, and am functional in most situations. I am still working through the material but I feel I am definitely progressing.

No learning method is right for everyone just do your research first, and remember you have your money back guarantee and don't be afraid to use it.

Cheers for the feedback and information.

I got the email from them at $96 I think it was (just over £60 in my money) which I think is quite good. Have taken the plunge. have been using Llingo android app as an when I can and I am getting on OKish with it. My memory is bad for languages and even though studied French and German at school did not ever get to a point where I could practically use it AT ALL. But 20+ years on maybe I will get on better with my learning.

Not sure what my preferred learning style for languages would be (I expect full immersion to be the best for most people but I can't do that unless I win the lottery) but I am statemented severely dyslexic so don't think that will help. I have 2 degrees, a teaching degree, a masters (in pedagogy) and have worked in academia for over 10 years so I should have done my research before I bought (woops!) - but saw the deal and went for it. May try it out then get the 30 day money back guarantee if it's not working.

Edited by adebisi

• 1 month later...

Download the PDFs and read the thai script as they talk on the audio file. You do not have to watch vids to get something from this site.