IGNORED

Internet speed..

iceman

I was worndering how fast internet u can get in patt, can u get it tru sattellite or?

also are there any hot spots in patt.? and are they free of charge.

grettings.

Fast, yes, and all over the place. Depending on where in Patts, you can get pretty good and fast service. TT&T now has 2 megabit service available, which though not up to the speeds we can get back in falangland, is not bad at all. But location is key, where I live (East of Sukhumvet), I am too far from their equipment to get reliable good speeds. I just tested mine here and got 1900 kbps, 237.5 KB/sec transfer rate on downloads, more than enough to keep my happy. My problem is I get frequent disconnects, as in two hours of consecutive connection without interruption is rare. As a point of reference I have been disconnected and reconnected twice writing this very post, sigh.

Satellite is available, but so far appears to be relatively pricey. If you want more info on what I have found so far, let me know, I will dig out the link.

Hot spots, yeah, all over the place. Many many hotels and guesthouses now offer wifi for free or a modest charge, some even have computers where customers can surf for free. If you are coming for a visit, you should be able to find a wide variety of accomodations where you will have pretty good connectivity.

If you are talking about living here, well, then do some deeper digging. My connection issues have been so bad for so long, that I am looking around again trying to find something that works better for me here in my location. I will make a report down the road some on the results of my quest. And while on the topic, I know about TT&T and True in the ADSL world, the rumors of Sophon offering cable internet (unfounded, they have abandoned it at least for now), and CSLox for satellite. Anyone know of other high speed service providers in Pattaya, all suggestions welcome.

Rick

I'm in central Pattaya and have a 1 megabit line with ToT. I used rixkix speed test and got 854kbps for downloads and 418kbps for uploads. It was only connected yesterday and so far reliability has been good. I have been on it for most of the day and only had one short disconnection.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I have TOT's 512/256 service and lately it has not even been close to that. Just now it is 417/192, which is the best I've had for some time. Disconnections occur on almost a daily basis, which is a major pain in the backside if you're trying to down load music etc.

Alan

I have TOT's 512/256 service and lately it has not even been close to that. Just now it is 417/192, which is the best I've had for some time. Disconnections occur on almost a daily basis, which is a major pain in the backside if you're trying to down load music etc.

Alan

If my information is correct you are paying 570 Baht a month for that. For an extra 20 Baht a month you can double the speed.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If my information is correct you are paying 570 Baht a month for that. For an extra 20 Baht a month you can double the speed.

I'm paying 856 baht - 100 baht for the phone line and 700 baht for ADSL - (plus VAT).

The line is in my landlord's name so I will have to speak to him about upgrading it. If I decide to sign another lease, I'll look get satellite TV installed and may look at what their ADSL options are.

Alan

I am paying for 1 MB - which is OK but not blazing fast.

If I am lucky I can download big files at 50 kbs. Faster sppeds are available. I'm with TRUE btw.