Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Coffee. Pancakes. Where?

lgiow87

Hi guys. Have two cravings. First one - for some decent coffee that I can make in my room. Can't drink all that instant nescafe bullshit, and coffe I tried buying in Friendship supermarket was beyond awful. Any place in Pattaya that sells decent imported roasted grinded coffee beans?

Another craving I have is pancakes - any place in patts that serves good pancakes with honey, maple syroup etc???

Not sure on the coffee as I always drink it outside, but I think I remember having good pancakes at Coffee Club on the ground floor at Royal Garden.

A lot of the higher end hotels have good pancakes, but normally as part of an overall breakfast buffet cost.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

Nachrichten Austrian restaurant on Naklua about 200 meters from Dolphin traffic circle on the left side. They have delicious crepes filled with candied fruit and jam. Get coffee here as well. Open every day 3 p.m.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Do they do pancakes the Black Canyon top level Central Festival shopping complex?

Coffee: sorry, no idea.

Pancakes: search the forum for "pancakes".

I had quite good ones at the Continental Bakery in Soi X-Zyte (off Soi Bukhao). You can check the menue out here: www.continentalbakerypattaya.com

I'm not a coffee drinker, but isn't there a Starbucks in Royal Garden Plaza? They might have those little packets of coffee (I think they're called "Via")

I don't recall whether I ordered the pancakes there, but I was going to suggest Coffee Club, as well. Given the name, it might be a decent place to grab a cup of coffee, too.

Nachrichten Austrian restaurant on Naklua about 200 meters from Dolphin traffic circle on the left side. They have delicious crepes filled with candied fruit and jam. Get coffee here as well. Open every day 3 p.m.

. This place sounds good but not open till 3pm? Would be thinking of the pub by that time

If you are looking for crepes, rather than the US style breakfast pancakes, La Baguette beside Woodlands hotel on Naklua Road is very good. Also very good pastries, croissants etc.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

Thank you guys for the advice, will check out the crepes/pancakes places and the coffee they should sell in starbucks in packs, yeah. Cheers.

I make Starbucks coffee @ home, but had my pancakes at Tigglebitties this morning.

IMG_1332.JPG

Retired

. This place sounds good but not open till 3pm? Would be thinking of the pub by that time

Unfortunately they open up to three hours in the afternoon, but nearby are several restaurants and a visit can be combined.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

The pancakes at Coffee Club are pretty good. They come with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and syrup or a blueberry spread.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Worth noting when next there thanks, as am developing a routine of breakfast with pancakes here in then UK where they are readily available in most supermarkets. A pack of 6 x pancakes from about 40p to the M&S raisin and syrup pancakes at £1.10.

Have never seen them for sale in any supermarkets there in Patts??

I just like them warmed up in the toaster and plain, but might try some jam on them, syrup or ice creams a bit sickly in the morning and they have syrup in the ingredients anyway.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

I make Starbucks coffee @ home

IMG_1332.JPG

Piece Corp - do you own a coffe grinder? I ve been to starbucks today but they only sell beans. Or they can grind if if you buy, didn't ask.

Igiow87, I understand that you looking for import coffee, but I recommended you to check Thai coffee- Nacha coffee. It is one of the best, if no the best coffee in South Asia. I also enjoy in good coffee, I am from SouthEast Europa, and find out Nacha is very taste kind of coffee.

Best regards

muhara

• 3 weeks later...

Benjamit has good coffee and they also sell beans. Latte art (milk poured with a nice design) is only 50 baht as I recall. This time of year they are no open Saturdays. Located by the Soi Bukhaow Tuesday/Friday market so can be hard to get to those days.

http://www.benjamitcoffee.com/

Common sense is not very common.

• 1 year later...

The pancakes at Coffee Club are pretty good. They come with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and syrup or a blueberry spread.

THIS!

I was in such a strong mood for pancakes this morning and decided to check this out. The ones served with whipped cream and ice cream are very good and even better if you add butter and a bit of maple syrup as well..and the bacon...YUM!

I'm definitely going back

Oh sorry for digging up an old thread but it was the main one I checked out when I came on here earlier on to do some research on local pancakes and I had to give props

For American-style pancakes with syrup, I like a restaurant at Central Festival, 5th floor, called Little Home. Haven't tried their coffee yet.

Veni, vidi, futui. I came, I saw, I f**ked.

THIS!

I was in such a strong mood for pancakes this morning and decided to check this out. The ones served with whipped cream and ice cream are very good and even better if you add butter and a bit of maple syrup as well..and the bacon...YUM!

I'm definitely going back

Question: was the bacon English style or American?  I've come across "American style" bacon in some photos, but haven't run across it yet while in Pattaya

BTW, think I've mentioned it before, but lovin' the board name....

Jay: Come on, man. I know people who know people.

Holden: You sound like Barbra Streisand.

Jay: [about Silent Bob] That's because I got this tubby bitch playing her "Greatest Hits" tape in my ear all the time. You gotta see him, man, when she starts singing that uh... "You Don't Bring Me Flowers", this faggot starts crying like a little girl with a scraped knee and shit. Big fucking softie.

It's funny how this thread is still active, I posted it a year and a half ago when I started living in Pattaya permanently.

Coffee:

I was drinking Illy and Lavazza and Starbucks roasts for a while, they cost 500 - 700 baht per package. Then I switched to Bon Coffee which is 150 baht and tastes the same.

I purchased a 1 liter french press at a coffee fair they had in Royal Garden for 250 Baht and a Bosch coffee machine for 1500 baht in Central. I still make an occasional Starbucks run to get a fancy latte or a flat white coffee though.

Regarding pancakes or crepes - La Baguette is decent, but not quite what I had in mind. All their crepes come with a lot of filling and the filling is tasty but crepes themselves are pretty mediocre. You can have good pancakes in Coffee Club (coconut pancakes) in Royal Garden. I am still hoping to find good crepes in Pattaya, instead of crepes I go for french toast with cinammon, maple syrup, walnuts and bananas in Loaf on Soi Lengkee. Tastes very very very nice.

South road, across the street is Friendship supermarket. Great croissants, bred.... Bon apetit!

ао.jpg

Archived