IGNORED

Average price for a days golfing (low season)?

Mackilt

Hi guys

Having read a few of the threads I just wanted to confirm the average price of a days golfing. To include transport, club hire, caddie etc.

Everyone says to join the PSC so that's B900 well spent by the sounds of it.

Would I be right in budgeting around B1700 to B2000 per days golf?

I hope to be in Patts in August/September next year ( I don't mind getting a little bit damp on the course) for 2 weeks so maybe play 6 or 7 rounds.

(BTW I am a beginner but am practicing my stroke on the range at the moment so not looking for any competitions, just relaxed friendly rounds)

Cheers

I joined PSC and got to the free knees up about 3 weeks later. Great night ou and paid for a lot of the membership cost right there!. Anyway, I would suggest about 1200-1400 depending on the course of course!

Thanks, I was just looking for an average budget might not get to play as much as I plan to. As we all know what happens when plans meet LoS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys

Having read a few of the threads I just wanted to confirm the average price of a days golfing. To include transport, club hire, caddie etc.

Everyone says to join the PSC so that's B900 well spent by the sounds of it.

Would I be right in budgeting around B1700 to B2000 per days golf?

I hope to be in Patts in August/September next year ( I don't mind getting a little bit damp on the course) for 2 weeks so maybe play 6 or 7 rounds.

(BTW I am a beginner but am practicing my stroke on the range at the moment so not looking for any competitions, just relaxed friendly rounds)

Cheers

macklit, welcome to the golfing paradise of the world. 7 trips for me and never get tired of it. I always travel with 3 mates (4 is the perfect number for a golf group) and have played at different times of the year. We have now decided on March and August as the most ideal months. Been in May (too hot), November (mild but a bit more expensive) and July (ok). Be aware that it can rain quite a bit in September. We use Mr T to taxi us to and from our hotel and this costs 1600 baht round trip so divided by 4 that adds 400 baht each to the golf. Some prices for our recent August trip:

These are for 1 cart and caddie each, we take our own clubs:

Bangpra 1600 baht (Monday discount)

Burapha 1600 (Thursday discount)

Crystal Bay 1330 b

Emerald 1300 b

Montain Shadow 1330

Khao Kheow 1400 (Tuesday discount and "before 9am" discount)

Laem Chabang 1900b (Tuesday discount)

St Andrews 1800 (Wednesday discount)

You can save a bit by timing your days to match when a club has a discount....Crystal Bay, Mountain Shadow, Emerald are always around the 1300 baht. Just pick up a rates sheet at the PSC.

The other option , which we have never done, is locate a golfing bar and rock up there on their golf days and they will take you to golf.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

PSC keeps costs up to date on their website

http://www.pattayasports.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=171&Itemid=58

Also a monthly schedule of who's playing where and what they charge for transport. There will also be a competition fee 200 - 300 baht.

Other options are Le Katai, Soi Lengkee - no competition fee and quite popular I believe.

didnt realise there was so many courses

superb

Thanks Monster, that's good to know.

Hopefully get a few rounds in at some class courses.

Like you say Highland there's a few to choose from lol

didnt realise there was so many courses

superb

About 20 courses within half hour+ drive. All the caddies are girls too, bonus!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

The two main societies are PSC who use the USGA handicap system and the IPCG who use the CONGU handicap system that is used in the UK and much of Europe. Details of the latter organisation can be found at http://www.ipgc.org/ which also has links to the affiliated bars that organise golf outings.

Edited by irishstu007

I'd rather look at tits, cunts and arseholes than listen to them!

The two main societies are PSC who use the USGA handicap system and the IPCG who use the CONGU handicap system that is used in the UK and much of Europe. Details of the latter organisation can be found at http://www.ipgc.org/ which also has links to the affiliated bars that organise golf outings.

Thats just great, now there are various ways of pointing out my handicap :Think1:

Dont want to hijack the thread, but would it be possible for a complete beginner to try golf anywhere around Pattaya ? I would like to try, but we are a bit short of golfclubs in Greenland...

About 20 courses within half hour+ drive. All the caddies are girls too, bonus!

Not quite eanto.....one of my mates fluked a bloke at Royal Navy and also one at Pattana. What pissed him off was he wasn't offered a choice

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

Thats just great, now there are various ways of pointing out my handicap :Think1:

Dont want to hijack the thread, but would it be possible for a complete beginner to try golf anywhere around Pattaya ? I would like to try, but we are a bit short of golfclubs in Greenland...

Don't recommend a beginner to golf in Pattaya. Best maybe to take lessons here first. As a beginner you may piss off other more experienced golfers in your foursome or those behind you, because you will most likely take much more time taking more strokes, looking for lost balls etc. Also most of the courses have some water features which make it more difficult for the beginner.

Don't recommend a beginner to golf in Pattaya. Best maybe to take lessons here first. As a beginner you may piss off other more experienced golfers in your foursome or those behind you, because you will most likely take much more time taking more strokes, looking for lost balls etc. Also most of the courses have some water features which make it more difficult for the beginner.

Agree with those comments - all the bars except Le Katai have all their rounds as competitions and having to look for someones elses ball, or waiting 2 minutes for a beginner to his his ball 15 yards etc etc will not be best looked on by people trying to compete.

I don't know any sport where your first port of call is to enter a competition, practice first competition later.

Thanks for the answer. You mentioned taking lessons, which was more or less what i had in mind since i dont think i like the idea of pissing everybody at the course off, waiting for me. Any recommendations on where to get lessons ?

Having read up on a few sites, being a complete novice isn't a great position to be in when you get out there. So get a few rounds in before you depart your home country so you have an idea of what your doing, then let the bar/group know what stage your at and you should be fine.

Some of the bars will group you with other beginners or semi pros at the back of the group so you don't hold up play. The idea is to get out there and for everyone to have a good day.

I'm sure there will be a few beginners out there who will share a few rounds with you and still be courteous to other players

Edited by Mackilt

Thanks for the answer. You mentioned taking lessons, which was more or less what i had in mind since i dont think i like the idea of pissing everybody at the course off, waiting for me. Any recommendations on where to get lessons ?

There are 2 main driving ranges that I know of, one on 3rd Road and Fairways on Sukhumvit and both will be able to offer up lessons. You may also be able to inquire at The Golf Club in Soi LK. They may be able to direct you from there? Anyone? It's a great but f...king hard game, best of luck.

I forgot to mention, other than speed of play, most beginners also lack in proper golf etiquette which may also bother more seasoned golfers. This you typically learn by playing and having other playing partners tell you.

There are 2 main driving ranges that I know of, one on 3rd Road and Fairways on Sukhumvit and both will be able to offer up lessons. You may also be able to inquire at The Golf Club in Soi LK. They may be able to direct you from there? Anyone? It's a great but f...king hard game, best of luck.

I forgot to mention, other than speed of play, most beginners also lack in proper golf etiquette which may also bother more seasoned golfers. This you typically learn by playing and having other playing partners tell you.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to answer me, i know it's a tough game as i have both family and friends in Denmark who play, just thought it would be a nice daytime activity in LOS when in need of a break of debauchery :GoldenSmile1:

Oh, and the thought of female caddies doesnt make the idea worse i guess :Think1:

There’s also a driving range next to the parking of the Stadium on Soi Chaiyapruk at the Dark Side.

Sorry to disappoint but Fairways - which was the best range has closed.

The one on 3rd Rd is OK and has a pro that will give lessons I'm sure.

I tended to use Diana Driving Range between 3rd road and Sukhumvit - had a few lessons with David Race there and he is recommended by lots of people.

When are you heading out there Eksildanskeren?

Would be good if we could get some folk together who might help out each others games and visit a few courses.

When are you heading out there Eksildanskeren?

Would be good if we could get some folk together who might help out each others games and visit a few courses.

Sadly, i wont be back in heaven before the start of february, but if any PA's would like to get together for a round or just go to a driving range together, i am all game for that. Afterwards, if this is not too much for you guys, maybe a single ( well, maybe two ) beers on the 6 would be a good way to finish the afternoon off :GoldenSmile1:

Sounds like a cunning plan mate, would love to smash a few balls before a few beers if we're in town at the same time

• 1 month later...

I just got back from a life changing trip to pattaya, to golf. went to a driving range to hit somes balls still was not sure where i was going to play first,

met a fine mate told me about Pattaya Sports Club, membership was easy got my card and a list of bars to play out of. Glad i did had a great time and met

some fine new friends, always felt welcome

Not quite eanto.....one of my mates fluked a bloke at Royal Navy and also one at Pattana. What pissed him off was he wasn't offered a choice

I also got the bloke (semi LB) caddy at Navy Plutaplong course...ooooohhhh how my mates laughed :LMFAO:

That said, my mate an ex pro describes the male caddy named"boy" at Laem Chabaeng as the best caddy in Chonburi province...should add that "boy" is a keen golfer and is heading towards single figures

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

Sadly, i wont be back in heaven before the start of february, but if any PA's would like to get together for a round or just go to a driving range together, i am all game for that. Afterwards, if this is not too much for you guys, maybe a single ( well, maybe two ) beers on the 6 would be a good way to finish the afternoon off :GoldenSmile1:

I will be in Patts Feb 1 to Feb 7, am a 30 handicapper (just took up the game again after 14 years, back then got a hole in one and thought it was a good time to quit. Back then I was a bogey golfer) so if you are around I would be happy to play a round of golf with you.

PB#1