IGNORED

Advice for newbie.

Gering

Hello Guys.

I ask for your advice please.I came for the first time on Phuket, so I want to clear some things;

1. Info on ST/LT prices ( yes, I read the forum, but its september now... )

2. Places to avoid - bars or bad areas.

Thanks.

Avoid Phuket, I hated it compared to Pattaya

Eh... Yeah, thx for advice, but I cant go to Pattaya right now so why I'm asking.

Edited by Gering

1. Info on ST/LT prices ( yes, I read the forum, but its september now... )

In general

BB; BF 300 - 500 THB/1000 THB ST/1000 - 1500 THB LT. (New Tiger complex is worth trying)

GoGo; BF 600/2000 THB ST/3000 THB LT (Suzy Wong and Devils Playground comes highly recommended)

Disco; 1000 - 1500 THB LT (Hollywood, Seduction and Tai Pan)

The prices are for Phuket in general include Patong and Bang La road. You can be asked for more but then walk away.

2. Places to avoid - bars or bad areas.

Avoid touts trying to drag you into any GoGo on Bang La road/Soi Dragon. If you have time try visiting Kata's new bar complex as well as the Laguna complex in Rawai. Watch out walking home alone when drunk - get a tuktuk ! Drinks and beer prices are general high around Bang La road so find yourself a little local waterhole to start the night.....

Thanks.

Edited by Zenobiz

For cheap drinks, I think the cheapest place in the middle of the action, is the very last bar in Sea Dragon, right outside the door of Suzy Wong's.. I think it is about 100 baht for 3 or 4 teqilas or 70 baht for a beer.. But I haven't been for about 5 months. This bar is in the group of bars that run down the middle of the soi.

The advice above, regarding touts is spot on. If you do happen to be dragged into a go go by a tout, be prepared to pay a ridiculous amount for that first beer. Don't follow a tout into a gogo or let a tout follow you in. Just politely say no, when approached on Bangla, and all will be good.

Prices for the girls will be what you can negotiate. If they start talking silly prices, smile and walk away.. If she interested, she will catch up to you

As for walking around Patong at night. I have never felt unsafe. I find if you don't act like a tool, you will be fine. Where you have to walk at night, will obviously depend on where you are staying. Generally if there are a lot of people around you will be fine.

Also Be aware that there is a minimum tuk tuk price of 200 baht, no matter if you only want to go 200m. Personally, I give them a wide berth and use the motor bike taxis. They are cheap and relatively safe. They will be the guys/girls wearing a blue safety vest riding around on Scooters. There are no meter taxis in Patong, but you can catch meter taxis from Phuket Airport to Patong for about 500 baht. The reason there are no meter taxis in Patong is that that tuk tuk and black (as in market) taxi drivers have the game all sown up.

Avoid beach road, in the early hours.. even if you feel like a jog or something at 6:00am ....lady boys and some crooks, do hang around down there looking for an easy target. An easy target being a shit faced farang. Hope that helps

Thank you people for info!

Try a New Tiger complex. The girls are nice and prices are ok I think for Bangla Road (Beer - 100 THB, LD - 200 THB).

Eh... What is your opinion about the health of the girls there. The problem is that - in the middle of the action the condom slipped off from me... and so I kind of worried.

P.S. Who knows what really LD is made of?...

Edited by Gering