IGNORED

Travel Surat Thani Airport to Koh Samui Chaweng

chris2004

I've an Air Asia flight to Surat Thani airport which lands at 15.25 pm. Have i got time to get to Samui that day. I presume i have to get a bus to Don Sak. A ferry there to Koh Samui and a taxi to Chaweng. Anyone done this recently. What sort of time taken and cost. Or is it best to stay one night at Surant Thani and go in the morning.

Sorry mate never tried to get to Samui from Surat Thani before so not sure on location of airport to ferry port. I also aren't sure on ferry times etc.

Can I ask why you are flying to Surat Thani? Wouldn't it be easeir to fky to Bangkok or Phuket and then fly to Samui with Bangkok Airways? They aren't the cheapest but when you add hotel costs for a night you won't be saving much.

Baht bus from the ferry wouldnt be a problem...10 mins you are in Chaweng

Sorry mate never tried to get to Samui from Surat Thani before so not sure on location of airport to ferry port. I also aren't sure on ferry times etc.

Can I ask why you are flying to Surat Thani? Wouldn't it be easeir to fky to Bangkok or Phuket and then fly to Samui with Bangkok Airways? They aren't the cheapest but when you add hotel costs for a night you won't be saving much.

I got some free flights from Air Asia from BKK to Surat Thani. Yes obviously a flight to Samui is easier but that would cost over 20,000 baht.

by 20,000 baht , i take it there are 4 or 5 of you , as the flight from bkk to samui costs around 4500 bht

here is a little info

4. Re: Surat Thani Airport to Koh Samui - the best, easiest way???

Jul 17, 2011, 2:53 PM

Ko Samui is a island in Surat thani city (Province in the South of Thailand), Surat thani City have two airport.

- Firt is Ko Samui Airport (USM) ,Flight directly to Ko Samui Operate by Bangkok air way (www.bangkokair.com) and Thai airway (www.thaiairways.com). The price flight direct to Ko Samui island is expensive than airline flight to Surat thani city, but this choice is save the time for u.

- Second is Surat thani Airport (URT) ,Flight to Surat thani Airport (Update 2011) Operate by Thai Airway(www.thaiairways.com) and two low cost airline are Air asia (www.airasia.com) / Nok air(www.nokair.com).But this choice U must have the time and check time table of boat that bring U to Ko Samui island and type of boat U want go to Ko samui Island.It have 3 different boats (update 2011),

1. Normally most traveller go with Zeatran ferry boat (www.seatranferry.com) the Zeatranferry pier is in Don sak town (Don sak pier) far from Surat thani airport 40 km. So that U must take a bus or van operate by Pantip company (www.phantiptravel.com) , that stop in front of Airport building u can buy the ticket on the bus or contact Pantip counter in the airport .The ticket price include: bus 200 bath+Zeatran Furrey 150 bath =350 B

The bus drive two route , From Airport go to Surat thani City driving about half hour (20 km) and From Airport to Do Sak Pier driving about 1 hr. (100 km) Time ferry railing from Don sak pier to Ko samui : 06.00-19.00. So that U must Check time of your flight arrive to Surat thani airport, cause of if u arrive after 17.30 u will miss last ferry . Zeatransferry railing to Ko Samui about 1.30 hr .---total time from Surat thani Air port to Ko samui island by Zeatransferry is 4 hr.

2. Lomprayah Speed ferry is newly 2011 choice!!! ,But U must flight with Nok Airline. (www.nokair.com) choose your booking destination to Ko Samui (the price will include flight ticket + bus and Lomprayah Speed ferry) Nok air have two route from Don Meang Airport (Old domestic airport) to Ko samui .

Firt is Don Meang Airport -Nakorn si Thammarat airport –bus-Lomprayah speed ferry (Lam Thuat pier)-Ko samui ,

Second is Don Meang Airport – Don Meang Airport -Nakorn si Thammarat airport –bus-Lompraya speed ferry(Lam Thuat pier)-Ko samui ,at Surat thani airport u can contact Pantip counter in the airport about bus .

3. Nigth sleep boat is slow 7 hr railing from Surat thani city pier to Ko samui. the boat departure 23.00 but not railing everday up to rain fall heavy or not.

ps.If u arrive Surathani late after 17.30 , I recommend u to sleep at Surat thani city one nigth, Next day in the mornning go with zeatranferry bus survice take u to Don sak pier (Zeatran bus station is located in PC petroleum station) the hotel near Zeatrans bus survice is Tapee hotel ,rooom rate 450 Baht per nigth,just walk 5 minutes (go straigth to cross-section and turn left u wii see PC petroleum station

Samui Ferries operate a ferry service connecting Nathon with Donsak. The ferries depart Donsak at 6.00 a.m., 8.00 a.m., 10.00 a.m., 12.00 a.m., 2.00 p.m., 4.00 p.m., 5.00 p.m., 6.00 p.m., 7.00 p.m. for a trip taking one and a half hours.

Go to that link and click on the 'pull down menu' Surat Thani Airport TO Koh Samui, you will see the bus leaves Surat Thani Airport at 1.30 pm (1330)and you arrive on Koh Samui at 4.15 pm (1615)

www.lomprayah.com/E/booking_buffet_1.aspx

an alternitive is to get tee train or bus from bkk to samui

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

done it a few times

you can get bus easy, there is bus desk at arrivels, about 300baht to samui

including the ferry

you can go koh tao or koh phanghan if you want

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Did it earlier this year. Same experience as fostraswift. Bought a combined bus/ferry ticket at arrival in Surat Thani. On the bus to the ferry a guy was selling shared taxi rides to hotels in samui. Pretty easy, no need to spend a night in Surat Thani. There is always a chance a flight is late or something, but you'll figure something out.