IGNORED

Thai Gear at good prices?

peter330

Hey guys

So I was planning on doing some drop in sessions on my travels to Thailand.

For one, I'd rather not have to pack my gloves if I can find gear down there for cheap. I also wouldn't mind picking up some stuff eg shorts, wraps, gloves and guards while I'm there. I pay pretty much retail overseas price here so I figure what better place to get the stuff than from where it all starts.

Can anyone recommend a place to get "brand" gear and good prices in person? Fairtex, Twins, Boon, etc.

Thanks.

I have been training Muay Thai in LOS, and although not in Pattaya, i would suggest you could go to any Muay Thai Gym (Fairtex) and buy from there.

Prices are good and you can get some really cool equipment from there with the fraction of price you pay in Farangland.

For sure you will find way more equipment (with better prices) in BKK, because generally speaking - Muay Thai is not the reason why most people visit Pattaya. :GoldenSmile1:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

So I was planning on doing some drop in sessions on my travels to Thailand.

For one, I'd rather not have to pack my gloves if I can find gear down there for cheap. I also wouldn't mind picking up some stuff eg shorts, wraps, gloves and guards while I'm there. I pay pretty much retail overseas price here so I figure what better place to get the stuff than from where it all starts.

Can anyone recommend a place to get "brand" gear and good prices in person? Fairtex, Twins, Boon, etc.

Thanks.

Fairtex Pattaya has a good shop she will discount you well too if you spend more than 3000 baht, but the prices are already much cheaper than at home.

I am dubious of Twins stuff sold in shops along beach road and in Mike Shopping Mall, don't go there.

The Boon shop in BKK is well worth a visit but can be a little hard to find if you don't speak much Thai/directions etc - get the number, call them, give the phone to Taxi driver... if you are going to BKK, get the BTS to On-Nut.. http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f16/guide-boon-sport-shop-bangkok-2010-a-1180789/

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Fairtex Pattaya has a good shop she will discount you well too if you spend more than 3000 baht, but the prices are already much cheaper than at home.

I am dubious of Twins stuff sold in shops along beach road and in Mike Shopping Mall, don't go there.

The Boon shop in BKK is well worth a visit but can be a little hard to find if you don't speak much Thai/directions etc - get the number, call them, give the phone to Taxi driver... if you are going to BKK, get the BTS to On-Nut.. http://www.sherdog.n...2010-a-1180789/

I agree, it doesn't look too sturdy.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't mind traveling down to Bangkok, you can go to this shop call Action Zone, nearest BTS is National Stadium.

From there, walk down about 100m towards Tesco direction and you can see this area that have alot of sports shop.

https://sites.google.com/site/thaiactionzone/home

There is Florida boxing on 2nd Road and one off 2nd Road at about Soi 16. They stock King, Twins etc and you can get discount.

Fairtex is much cheaper and you can get things made up from the factory on request. Yokkao gear is really good and can be purchased from the stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't mind traveling down to Bangkok, you can go to this shop call Action Zone, nearest BTS is National Stadium.

From there, walk down about 100m towards Tesco direction and you can see this area that have alot of sports shop.

https://sites.google...actionzone/home

Action Zone is great. They're so friendly in there, always give me a fresh bottle of water while I'm browsing around too. It's just a short walk from MBK.

• 8 months later...

Theres the windy shop on second road run by a really friendly guy in a wheelchair.

its just past mikes shopping mall on the opposite side heading away from Walking Street direction.

he sells genuine gear and can order just about anything overnight for you too. will always look after you when you buy a few things, and also once i ordered some t-shirts that were too small and he happily exchanged them for the next size up when i returned them the next day...(very good customer service for a thai run business) i recommend this guy over all the other shops around patts.

Like others say if its not a proper Muay Thai shop or gym selling the gear dont buy it, sometimes its clearly fake but other times you cant tell till you have owned the stuff for a month and it falls to pieces.

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

I have bought Twins  gloves and king headgear from the shops you talk about on second road,and it's been good equipment, taken a pounding over two years and still in good nick.

• 1 month later...

a lot of this gear is made in CHINA try E,bay

Archived