IGNORED

Best places in Pattaya to eat

pattsman

thai food stand at royal garden mall is very tasty but little pricey

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure do did not mean to say Kiss restaurant here ???

they put their prices up - reduced portions and the quality IMO has gone down a lot.

Don't mind paying high prices for decent food but won't pay for shite.

This is exactly what happened to Kiss.

Kiss is packed wall to wall with Russians now.

I dont really understand why?

No i meant pattaya beer garden.

As for Kiss food - well I don't even associate them with "food" anymore its just shite on a plate.

Good luck to the Russians who eat that crap.

I used to love the food at beer garden but now will not go - they put their prices up - reduced portions and the quality IMO has gone down a lot.

agreed.... i tried PBG after a few locals expats recommended it to me... IMO it was poor quality.

i know thailand can be very hit-or-miss, and quality can vary day to day, but for the prices they charge i wont bother going back to find out. 

As "RoadWarrior" has stated sadly it can be and is IMO "Hit and Miss".

Most  are only as good as the last meal, Clearly there are exceptions however they tend to be the ones who have a high charge.

And not are not offering a "good short term deal" to get the punters in.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Not to rave, but food here is on a BIG down turn. During high season, you get terrible service and seems there are too many Resturants and too few real cooks/chefs and lots of turn over. when a place looses a cook, I usually have to move on as well. The quality of the ingredients are way down as well. People are getting very greedy. Case in point, late lunch at Cabbages and Condoms. Food was horrible, both ingredients and prep, service was stupid as usual, delivering wrong dishes to wrong table, screwing up the bin. Seems the only place to get a consistent meal in town is at Bruno's, Mantra or two of the many McDonalds in town. That's right, at least 2 others can be counted on screwing something up. Sorry, I try many places around town daily/weekly. Running out of places to take customers and for me personally. Love the high season weather, hate it otherwise, makes everything else about Pattaya Worse!

Anyone eaten at that Brazilian place(zicos is it?) just outside front of Central Festival ?

Always fancied going as heard do great steak , duck , pork etc and keep bringing it around and if you want some more then have much as u want. True ??

Anyone eaten at that Brazilian place(zicos is it?) just outside front of Central Festival ?

Always fancied going as heard do great steak , duck , pork etc and keep bringing it around and if you want some more then have much as u want. True ??

Ive been to many similar brazilian steakhouses with unlimited meat (called churrascara) in the US and they were all fantastic.

Quality of beef here in thailand is not as good, but im definitely willing to go give this zicos a try, will report back!

Pullman is Awsome.

The Golf Club steak nights.Chu cooks a mean pork chop.

Are you sure do did not mean to say Kiss restaurant here ???

they put their prices up - reduced portions and the quality IMO has gone down a lot.

This is exactly what happened to Kiss.

Kiss is packed wall to wall with Russians now.

I dont really understand why?

It's probably mentioned in some Russian guidebook or something.

Always used to see the Japanese backpackers in BKK going to the same sort of places to eat and staying in similar place and I think it's cause it was mentioned in their Japanese language guidebooks

Maybe the Ruskies also got that?

Or maybe cause it's cheap food in central location and there's a zillion ruskie about now!

Many places in town both increased prices and reduced portions right as high season kicked in - say November. Some have since reduced portions again. Bon Cafe on Naklua Road did exactly this. Their big breakfast now looks like breakfast for a 5 year old child. As mentioned, meal at Cabbages a couple weeks ago very poor quality. Have dined at Bruno's and Mantra several times since my last post, they stay strong. Ate at Pan Pan at Central, great lettuce in the Ceasar, but lousy dressing. The Italian sausage tasted good going down but caused me trouble for two days after. The beef in my GF's meal was sub par quality. Wll try Pullman, I live closes by.

• 2 weeks later...

If you fancy some good Mexican and American food give Tequila Reef on Soi 7 a try. We also have Cajun items as well. Some photos from the menu can be found here, our portions are enormous.

http://www.tequilareefpattaya.com/menu.html

one of the standard places i go every time when in patts.

goes with a pitcher of frozen margarita (lemon) for me and my mate.

we just love it!

hajime robot restaurant at central festival (floor 5 if i remember correctly)

i have been to this restaurant three times and it always was a great dinner for a low price!

get the shabu buffet for 329 baht, that includes all food and non alcoholic beverages (also some sushi and dessert if you like).

great fun to put all the stuff into the hot pot if you're going with a small group of people, which i recommend.

woldn't enjoy eating all alone here.

this place seems to be a little empty all the time, maybe because it's at one of the corners, a little hidden treasure as i see it.

last time we had a drop dead gorgeous little waitress which i just had to tip something extra, but couldn't hit on for obvious reasons.

• 3 months later...

Being a big fan of Korean food (thanks to my Korean wife), it is my pleasure to admit that there is a number of decent Korean restaurants in Patts (thanks to the growing number of the Korean tourists out here). I personally like one called Kayarang in the Pattaya North (about 100 m past the Best Supermarket when heading towards Sukhumvit from the Dolphins). Sure, the food is real good of you are into the stuff like Kimchi, Bulgogi, Kalbi, Samgyopsal, Kimchichige, Kalbitang, Suntubu etc etc:)

Thanks for the tip Sam_095. There are so many, I didn't know which to try.

• 4 months later...

A couple of places off the beaten track. If any of you find yourselves in the Arab district, there are a couple of nice middle eastern restaurants on the corner of soi 17 and second road and soi yensabai on second road.

Tasty food and good portion sizes at a reasonable price.

Makes a change from either Thai or farang food

Cherry’s on Third Road opposite the former Xzyte disco is very good value for money.

I happened to be there yesterday with the missus.

The set menu you talk about (amuse gueule, starter, soup, sorbet, choice of 4 main dishes, dessert, coffee or tea) is 325 baht on Sundays and 495 baht on other days.

The à la carte prices are also very reasonable and the quality very good.

The buffet is included and the à la carte meals come with an amuse gueule and a sorbet too.

Cherry’s on Third Road have extended their restaurant in the back next to their car park.

On Wednesdays and Saturdays they now have an international buffet at 399 baht, which is very comprehensive.

They also still have their set menu though.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

If you fancy some good Mexican and American food give Tequila Reef on Soi 7 a try. We also have Cajun items as well. Some photos from the menu can be found here, our portions are enormous.

http://www.tequilareefpattaya.com/menu.html

I had a look at your menu and I would not call that Mexican cuisine, but rather Tex-Mex stuff (to keep it civil).

BTW in correct Spanish it is not “Platos Mexicana” or “Platos Mexicano”, but “Platos Mexicanos”.

Just saying.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

Wonder why nobody mentioned Surf Kitchen on Jomtien beach road. Good food.

The only good restaurant I know in Jomtien is Austrian owned Eurostar on the corner of Jomtien Beach Road Soi 1.

I ate a few times at the New Orleans it's across from the SPAM WORD hotel, Soil 13/3 maybe. But great food everything made fresh in house! Open for dinnertime around 16:00ish if I recall, their on my list to spot by again on my next trip. Sent from my GT-N8000

I have eaten at New Orleans across from the P-e-n-t-h-o-u-se hotel only once and it was disgusting AND way too expensive.

I like Boat Bakery very much on second road like 300 mts walk from walking street. The fried chicken there is delicious and the thai omelette worthy for a good breakfast. In most of the sois near Tukcom you can find very good street food: Padthai, Crispy pork with rice, Som Tam etc. and I like Trattoria Toscana for a good pasta, being the prosciutto and cream fetuccine my personal favourite.

First time I went to Trattoria Toscana on Beach Road, not too far from Soi 6, it was good.

When I went back with the missus after a while ALL courses were bad and not really cheap.

Getting sick is a good weight loss program.

Especially if it lands you at intensive care, as happened to me a couple of years ago after eating sashimi at Yamato restaurant on Soi Yamato (Soi 13/1).

Ive been to many similar brazilian steakhouses with unlimited meat (called churrascara) in the US and they were all fantastic.

Quality of beef here in thailand is not as good, but im definitely willing to go give this zicos a try, will report back!

I have been to churrascarias in Brazil.

It is indeed as much as you can eat, but the choice is rather limited.

They do not have soups, etc.

The cheapest meat in Brazil is turkey (“peru” in Portuguese).

Cherry’s on Third Road have extended their restaurant in the back next to their car park.

On Wednesdays and Saturdays they now have an international buffet at 399 baht, which is very comprehensive.

They also still have their set menu though.

If you are hungry then this is about the best place I know for a really good feed. Food is brilliant, loads of choice especially for western foods and there are the alternatives for your Thai ladies.  Been there many times now and still find things that I have not tried before due to the massive choice.  The salmon is almost worth the money all by itself.  I will be back there again in about two weeks time and my only problem is walking away from there after eating so much good food.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

If you are hungry then this is about the best place I know for a really good feed. Food is brilliant, loads of choice especially for western foods and there are the alternatives for your Thai ladies.  Been there many times now and still find things that I have not tried before due to the massive choice.  The salmon is almost worth the money all by itself.  I will be back there again in about two weeks time and my only problem is walking away from there after eating so much good food.

Yes, the offer of the international buffet at Cherry’s on Third Road is very complete: farang food (including smoked and steamed salmon, lamb roast, etc.), Thai food and even sushis.

There is a sign warning that food thrown away will be charged, but there is no reason to take too much at once as the dishes are constantly topped up.

Also the set menus and à la carte dishes are excellent.

I was pleasantly surprised when I went there the first time, both as to prices and as to quality.

I know restaurants in Pattaya (that I am not going to name here) that are three or four times more expensive for much worse quality.

The only negative point are their wines, but that is nothing exceptional in Thailand.

I advise to drink beer or water.

I also advise to take small portions from the buffet; otherwise you cannot try all the “arroy” things they have on offer.

Here is couple of places I like to eat.

I like Beefeaters pepper steak with potato gratin also the burger in there is great.

For Pizza I would go to New York Pizza House in 3rd road near Soi Lengkee.

Drunken kebab at small stand next to Sugar Sugar a go go,

OZ burger is good also across the street of Soi Dianas Subway (only when I'm drunk)

I like the pasta foods in Raymonds on 2nd road midway soi7-soi8 (Finnish restaurant)

Hangover food I often order from door2door what is always a disappointment, no matter what restaurant I order.

Archived