IGNORED

Best places in Pattaya to eat

pattsman

Don't know what they call this restaurant but it's very nice ,if you come out of walking street turn right then cross over you will then pass a French cafe then a Indian restaurant then a few shop after there is a thai restaurant very nice has ducks hagging outside very big menu too

Fra Pattaya

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to put 18 Coins at the Top of My List...Perfect size meal ( Not BIG ) Perfect Price ( Ave 130 Baht ) Perfect Taste ( Just like my Mums ) and Nice ambiance .

Last week I had Chicken and Steak together,,,,,Later in the Week I had "Toad in the Hole " I haven't had that since I left England 20 Years ago - It was Great - and today I had "The most Juicy Gammon Steak with Fried Egg and Chips and Peas....

Fantastic - All meals are about 130 Baht.

Check out www.pattayabarguide.com and click onto Restaurants and you will see where 18 Coins is.

Also check out 18 Coins website so you can see your daily specials.

Loft in Pattaya central , they got food from all different countries . Everything made fresh to order .

Great views also .

During my last trip June 2012

18 Coins

Soi Buakhao

a8y5eryq.jpg

SURF N TURF Midweek feast

Mon - Fri between 8pm & 10.30pm

Ribeye steak

Sirloin steak

Prawn skewer

Baked potato

Corn on the cob

Mixed salad & dressing

Mushroom or Pepper sauce

299 Baht

baywatch on beach road which is close to soi 13 is a nice little restaurant that sells very good food another place i had most of my meals was Billabong in LK Metro....J

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

The top two floors in Central Festival are all food. I wouldn't call any of it high end dining but there is plenty of good food of all kinds and prices. There are other food venues through out the mall, including the food court in the basement. There is a Thai restaurant on Soi one about half way down to Beach Road. It is very good; it is just about only Thais eating in there.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Usually a good sign.

The last time I was in there I had frog legs. They are not huge things like in the west, but quite small. It was a delicious dish. There was a Thai man sitting next to me and we started talking. He comes down to Pattaya on business quite a lot and always come to that place for a meal.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

I ate at the Pattaya Beer Garden (on the bay side just before the beginning of Walking Street) last night. My TGF had Thai food and said it was great, I had Western food which was good. Very nice setting overlooking the water and reasonable prices.

A great dinner restaurant is Cherry's on 3rd Rd across from the old Xzyte Disco. Excellent Western & Thai food. You can have a very delicious four course meal for under 400.00 with beverage. They also have specials every night; all you can eat ribs, international Buffett on Wednesdays, etc. and unlimited salad bar with any dinner item.

As already stated, Central Shopping Mall has many good restaurants and the food court is a great value, plus a lot of eye candy walking around in the late afternoon !!

Cherry’s on Third Road opposite the former Xzyte disco is very good value for money.

I happened to be there yesterday with the missus.

The set menu you talk about (amuse gueule, starter, soup, sorbet, choice of 4 main dishes, dessert, coffee or tea) is 325 baht on Sundays and 495 baht on other days.

The à la carte prices are also very reasonable and the quality very good.

The buffet is included and the à la carte meals come with an amuse gueule and a sorbet too.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

Everytime i go to pattaya i must admit i find the food shit. I love thai food but there is only so much i can eat on a continual basis.

In pattaya I normally only eat one or two meals a deal and generally just to get me by. I want to change this next time so would like to go prepared with a decent list to try out.

What are your favourite places to eat and why???

There is a thread about German restaurants in Pattaya: http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/111238-in-praise-of-german-food%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6and-less-reliance-on-immodium/

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

Taking note of this one as I'm really into japanese food, have to try Yamato also..

Else I think I will rely almost only on food carts, I simply love thai street food !

I used to like Japanese food and I regularly went to the Japanese restaurant Yamato halfway on Soi Yamato (Soi 13/1).

Last time I went there was on 13th April 2010 (first Songkran Day) and the next day I got a very bad food poisoning that finally landed me intensive care.

Although I can’t proof it, I think it was due to a sashimi that was not fresh enough.

I mostly eat Thai food but can't live on it. These are the farang places I visit when the need arises:

Beefeaters on Soi Diana, they do great steaks.

Hot roast beef & gravy rolls from the Aussie Burger stand, corner of Diana and Buakhao, opposite Subway. I get at least 2 of these every week, they are amazingly good. Horseradish sauce, onions, lots of beef, nice rolls, tasty gravy, just perfect every time.

Sunday roast, a few good choices, Sportsmans, Queen Vic, Jamesons etc. I like the Queen Vic; location is everything.

Pig and Whistle do a good breakfast, as do Casa Pascal if you like a buffet.

You can always get decent pub food in Secrets. Nothing incredible, but I've never had a bad feed there.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.

He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

OP it really depends on what kind of food you want to eat and what budget. I know you said you liked Thai but not sure if thats all you wanted?

The good thing about Pattaya is there is are so many restaurants you can get almost whatever you want but the trick is finding the ones that suit both your palate and your budget.

I agree with leadpencil's views on the the Flying Vegetable place. Another rec. would be if you want good sea food at reasonable (not cheap) value try Mum Aroi who have two locations - one on 3rd Road half way between central and Nua and one in Naklua by the sea. The only issue here may be accessability....

I wonder where in Pattaya you can find real seafood.

What’s on offer is mostly farmed freshwater fish and sometimes farmed saltwater fish.

The same applies to shellfish and crustaceans.

Really? I at at the basement level of Central Festival once and that was it. The food at top floor of Royal Garden was better. That said, Royal Garden was only mildly OK.

Most restaurants at the top floor of Royal Garden Plaza are closed.

For English food and pub, I like Butcher's Arm on Soi Buakhao and Pig & Whistle, Soi 7. Good, hardy dishes, nice dining room and competent staff.

For English food I like those two too.

To say that the food on offer in Pattaya , excluding thai , is shit is a nonsense statement . Yes i'm sure there are some poor restaurants , but far outnumbered by the good ones . What do you eat at home ?

Mikeyboy

Indeed, in Pattaya you have a choice of many different European cuisines.

I have to put 18 Coins at the Top of My List...Perfect size meal ( Not BIG ) Perfect Price ( Ave 130 Baht ) Perfect Taste ( Just like my Mums ) and Nice ambiance .

Last week I had Chicken and Steak together,,,,,Later in the Week I had "Toad in the Hole " I haven't had that since I left England 20 Years ago - It was Great - and today I had "The most Juicy Gammon Steak with Fried Egg and Chips and Peas....

Fantastic - All meals are about 130 Baht.

Check out www.pattayabarguide.com and click onto Restaurants and you will see where 18 Coins is.

Also check out 18 Coins website so you can see your daily specials.

You can also go to the right link immediately: http://www.pattayabarguide.com/restaurant-map.htm

I wonder where in Pattaya you can find real seafood.

What’s on offer is mostly farmed freshwater fish and sometimes farmed saltwater fish.

The same applies to shellfish and crustaceans.

Try 'Pupen' seafood restaurant all the way down on beach road Jomtien . Great seafood but in the weekends

the pace is packed with Thais .

I appear to have similar tastes to the esteemed Dr. Welby - really enjoyed the Sunday Roast at Sportsman and my breakfast at Pig & Whistle.

Sadly, I didn't get around to Beefeaters (too busy eating pad thai purchased from street vendors!), but it's always appears at the top of "where's the best steak?" lists.

Aussie Burger is now on my list, as the sammies described above got me hungry as Hell.

One option that has NOT been listed is the buffet at the Hilton. I have not tried it yet, but from all accounts they put out an excellent -- albeit pricey -- spread.

Try the duck at the Mk restaurant chain.The make your own soup is good but the duck they serve on the side is out of this world.

I agree...that duck is the most delicious duck I've ever eaten. I usually eat at Centrals MK....delicious...

Tequila reef has great food...

Blue parrot also has good food...

On pattaya Tai right down the end about 1km past pattaya resort on the left hand side recessed back from the road is a fantastic Thai restaurant. It's easily distinguishable by the lanterns hanging out the front of it. The restaurant is a stand alone house....

Archived