IGNORED

CitiChic and Other Guest friendly BKK Suk Hotels

Evil Penevil

Here are some suggestions for hotels in the Bangkok Sukhumvit area, ranging from budget to five-star. The smaller budget ones are clean , secure and you can get nice rooms for between 1,400 baht and about 2,000 baht, depending on the type of room and hotel. Because I have included the links, I'm not going to write in detail about each hotel. The Royal Ivory is down the street from the Nana hotel and NEP, while the Ever Rich Inn is between Suk Soi 5 and Soi 7 and the Stable Lodge is on Soi 8. The others are farther away ( on Soi 19, Soi 18 and Soi 33, respectively), but still within easy BTS or taxi distance of NEP and walking distance to Soi Cowboy.

If you just use your hotel room for a few hours sleep and to screw, you're probably better off at the Nana, Majestic Suites or Manhattan (assuming you can get a room, sometimes difficult these days). But if you want a room to chill out in for a few hours a day, some of the smaller hotels offer better value for money. I had a big room with a full kitchen (stove, fridge, microwave) at the Royal Ivory Nana for 1,800 baht/night. I used it for a party with five ladies, even though I had a room at a five-star hotel. It wasn't convenient to bring back five ladies to that room because I had colleagues staying at the same hotel. Besides, the ladies and I had a lot of fun cooking dinner together.

If you want something a bit more comfortable, you can book a jacuzzi suite at the Town Lodge (3,200b/night) or Livingstones (4,000b/night).

Royal Ivory Nana

Ever Rich Inn

Stable Lodge

Swiss Grottino

Town Lodge

Livingstones

The following is a booking agency that specializes in budget accommodation and can often find you a room when others can't.

Thai Hotel Discounts

If you are in Bangkok on business or prefer a larger full-service hotel, the "Big Three" guest friendly hotels in the Sukhumvit area are the Sheraton Grande, JW Marriott and the Westin. The Landmark is also very guest friendly. These hotels will run you anywhere from $120 to $180 and more, depending on what kind of discount rate you're entitled to or if you catch a promotional price.

Other upscale choices include:

President Solitaire

A bit out of the way on Soi 11, but absolutely no problem to get a taxi day or night. However, if I couldn't get a Platinum Suite with giant jacuzzi and kitchen (5,100B/night), I doubt I'd want to stay at the PS.

Emporium Suites

Great swimming pool, well-equiped kitchen, right at Emporium shopping center and BTS station.

Davis Hotel

Again, a bit out of the way, but huge value for money.

Dream Hotel Bangkok

The coolest hotel in BKK, opened in October, 2006. All the TGs loved the Dream Suite (about $300 U.S./night- company paid). Several called relatives/friends just to come look at the suite.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Here are some suggestions for hotels in the Bangkok Sukhumvit area, ranging from budget to five-star. The smaller budget ones are clean , secure and you can get nice rooms for between 1,400 baht and about 2,000 baht, depending on the type of room and hotel. Because I have included the links, I'm not going to write in detail about each hotel. The Royal Ivory is down the street from the Nana Hotel and NEP, while the Ever Rich Inn is between Suk Soi 5 and Soi 7 and the Stable Lodge is on Soi 8. The others are farther away ( on Soi 19, Soi 18 and Soi 33, respectively), but still within easy BTS or taxi distance of NEP and walking distance to Soi Cowboy.

If you just use your hotel room for a few hours sleep and to screw, you're probably better off at the Nana, Majestic Suites or Manhattan (assuming you can get a room, sometimes difficult these days). But if you want a room to chill out in for a few hours a day, some of the smaller hotels offer better value for money. I had a big room with a full kitchen (stove, fridge, microwave) at the Royal Ivory Nana for 1,800 baht/night. I used it for a party with five ladies, even though I had a room at a five-star hotel. It wasn't convenient to bring back five ladies to that room because I had colleagues staying at the same hotel. Besides, the ladies and I had a lot of fun cooking dinner together.

If you want something a bit more comfortable, you can book a jacuzzi suite at the Town Lodge (3,200b/night) or Livingstones (4,000b/night).

Royal Ivory Nana

Ever Rich Inn

Stable Lodge

Swiss Grottino

Town Lodge

Livingstones

The following is a booking agency that specializes in budget accommodation and can often find you a room when others can't.

Thai Hotel Discounts

If you are in Bangkok on business or prefer a larger full-service hotel, the "Big Three" guest friendly hotels in the Sukhumvit area are the Sheraton Grande, JW Marriott and the Westin. The Landmark is also very guest friendly. These hotels will run you anywhere from $120 to $180 and more, depending on what kind of discount rate you're entitled to or if you catch a promotional price.

Other upscale choices include:

President Solitaire

A bit out of the way on Soi 11, but absolutely no problem to get a taxi day or night. However, if I couldn't get a Platinum Suite with giant jacuzzi and kitchen (5,100B/night), I doubt I'd want to stay at the PS.

Emporium Suites

Great swimming pool, well-equiped kitchen, right at Emporium shopping center and BTS station.

Davis Hotel

Again, a bit out of the way, but huge value for money.

Dream Hotel Bangkok

The coolest hotel in BKK, opened in October. All the TGs loved the Dream Suite (about $300 U.S./night- company paid). Several called relatives/friends just to come look at the suite.

Evil

:Evil_Grin:

Wow, great post. I'd already booked my Bkk stay...where were you three weeks ago. could have used this then. Really well don piece. thanks.

Edited by manggaawn

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

Town Lodge has Jacuzzi suites too. Run by a friend of ours Ralph, seen nightly in the bar Toxic. End of 18. Heard real good things about the Davis. Boutique. Classy.

• 2 weeks later...

Scrub Dream hotel off the list. Place is going down faster than Anna Nicole did on her old husband. Manager gone, replaced by 2 star experienced nobody, head chef resigned and gone , ( menu is going to have "point and order" photos of the food on it soon), and many other key staff about to pull the pin too. The wheeels have fallen off good and proper.

You know it makes sense...

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the update. Some good hotels in Soi 5 too. The Amarai, The Bel-Aire Princess & the Royal Benja. Easy to walk to Gullivers's & Bier Garten.

• 3 weeks later...

Davis Soi 24 is all class, i can't recommend it enough.

Ok, it's a little out the way for NEP & Cowboy but, its not to far.

I stayed there about 10 times last year, bets result i had was being upgraded from a THB2,800 room to the penthouse suite for 1 night at no cost. This room has a jaccuzi & sauna, its huge.

The 2 level executive suites are also huge & great value, just mind yourself going for a leek in the middle of the night, those steps are a death trap in the dark.

I have taken 2 x BG back to Davis on a couple of occasions (although 1 was already registered as my guest), i had no attitude or issues from the staff.

I haven't stayed there this year but, i'm back tomorrow for 2 nights.

I'l post a couple of pics after the weekend.

Davis Soi 24 is all class, i can't recommend it enough.

Ok, it's a little out the way for NEP & Cowboy but, its not to far.

I stayed there about 10 times last year, bets result i had was being upgraded from a THB2,800 room to the penthouse suite for 1 night at no cost. This room has a jaccuzi & sauna, its huge.

The 2 level executive suites are also huge & great value, just mind yourself going for a leek in the middle of the night, those steps are a death trap in the dark.

I have taken 2 x BG back to Davis on a couple of occasions (although 1 was already registered as my guest), i had no attitude or issues from the staff.

I haven't stayed there this year but, i'm back tomorrow for 2 nights.

I'l post a couple of pics after the weekend.

The Davis hotel looks really great; but I couldn't find their rates anywhere on their website. I really think the Villas would be cool for me and a wingman. Can you provide any rate info? Thanks

I have never had trouble at the Ambassador on Soi 11....but only book a tower room. And I have used Zenith Sukhumvit, which is a pretty nice hotel and a great buffet breakfast at both places. But then again, I have my girlfriend on the reservation and had a room for two. But when she left me in BKK alone for 3-4 days, I had no trouble bringing girls back to the Ambassador. They saw I had a key tagged for more than one person I guess.

The Davis is/was owned by Chuwit, the MP king turned politician. I can't imagine the place not be guest friendly.

House music all night long !!

Where is this Zenith Place? Thanks

Villas at the Davis are USD $360 a night based upon 4 persons. (2 Bdrm)

• 1 month later...

I have stayed in the Swiss Grottino a few times now, highly recommend.

Absolutely no hassles with over night guests, close to Cowboy, close to Skytrain, clean what more can you ask for.

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed at the Town Lodge in the Jacuzzi Suite for about 1 week last November. Nice small hotel with good service not too far from the action. Service was very nice and the girls seemed to like the jacuzzi :Moon2: Met some very nice Aussie guys and we had a very good time in the Toxic bar which is in the same building. One of the girls behind the bar have to be one of the hottest girls I've ever seen in Thailand.

I was also quite surprised when I left since the lady in the reception asked me to sign a paper which gave me half price. She said the construction work next door was so loud I just had to sign a paper to confirm this and then I just payed 50% of the original price. I was quite amazed since I had made noe complaints about the noise.

BBB

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Ivory at Nana just great for 1800 Baht !

There's another hotel along Soi 4, Parkway Inn. website down now. The price is at 1280bht. Safe provided, bathtub attached shower. Clean, friendly service at reception, Pom, always smiles, massage and bar with internet access on the 2nd floor, Tailor on 1st floor.

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed at Parkway inn (Soi 4) in April for the Songkran - COULDN'T FAULT IT in any way - brilliant service all round (very friendly staff :) ). I am stopping there again in September and also every time I visit BKK in future. All of my mates has stayed in the Parkway inn spanning back 6 years. Awesome location, as it's near NEP.

Edited by salamandingo

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed in the Majestic Grande for a couple of nights. Didn't know what to expect, but:

- Great service

- Good room keeping

- Nice room, safe, etcetera

- Internet in room

- Girl friendly. Was told that girl needed to register but once I forgot bit was no problem

- Once I came in drunk with drunk girl, no problem. I did apologize to the staff about it the next day. They said no problem

- 3200 Baht per night though. Covers 2 persons. But in my opinion worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

The owners of the Majestic Suites have opened a new small hotel in the lower Suk called CitiChic. Here's the Web site: CitiChic Hotel

I don't know anything first-hand about this hotel, only onpassing info. It's apparently an upscale version of the Majestic Suites, as CitiChic has a roof-top swimming pool, a gym, bigger TVs and better overall decor than MS. Like the parent ship, CC is guest friendly to the max.

However, the price is also higher. At CC, the rooms cost 2,500 baht or 2,700 baht a night. That's 450 baht/night more than the best rooms at MS and over 1,000 baht more compared with the simplest rooms at MS (1,315 baht/night).

Since it is much smaller than MS and in a far quieter location, it could be the owners are aiming for mongers who want more comfortable accommodations but don't want to plunge out for a five-star hotel. The MS has a huge number of loyal customers, so it's very possible they'll fill CitiChic just with repeat guests at the MS.

Another new GF hotel that is comparable to CitiChic is Le Fenix on Soi 9, right across the street from Q Bar. Same standard and very stylish, but 2,000 baht/night. You'll save 170 baht/night with the pre-paid no cancellation rate. Only real difference is that Le Fenix has a small indoor pool instead of a roof-top pool and it's not as pronounced a mongering hotel as an MS-owned property would be. I stayed one night at Le Fenix (actually half a night as I checked out at 3.00 a.m. to catch a 6.00 a.m. flight) and can testify first-hand it is good value for money and GF. Here's the Website:

Le Fenix

Evil

141469-7456.jpg

For those who don't want to take a girl to their hotel and want a quick fix there is a hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 19 that is 250 baht short time and 500 baht all night.

Used the place many times, nice mirrored room with a nice bathroom!

Can never remember the name of the place cos i've always been drunk when i've gone there.

great thread, great info. But I am hooked on the Platinum suite at the President Solitaire, got to stay there on a double upgrade when it was the Kempinski, and was REALLY classy.. I love getting done under the big windows on the couch. Spoiled, I'd say.

DoctorJ

NYC

the biggest Asian city outside Asia!

great thread, great info. But I am hooked on the Platinum suite at the President Solitaire, got to stay there on a double upgrade when it was the Kempinski, and was REALLY classy.. I love getting done under the big windows on the couch. Spoiled, I'd say.

The Platinum Suite at the Solitaire is my accommodation of choice in BKK. I love it! But I wouldn't stay at the Solitaire if I couldn't get a Platinum Suite.

Evil

• 3 months later...

Here's the Web site for the CitiChic Hotel for more detailed info, prices and reservations. For comparison, here's the Web site for the Majestic Suites. I paid 2,500 baht a night at CitiChic for a Double Deluxe room with a small terrace. The same-sized room without terrace is 2,300 baht/night. The CitiChic only has those two types of rooms and the price includes breakfast for two. The MS has four types of rooms, ranging in price from 1,315 baht to 2,050 baht/night. The difference has to do with the size of the room, whether it has a bath tub and whether you get one or two breakfast coupons.

213953-3269.jpg

213953-3270.jpg

213953-3271.jpg

213953-3272.jpg