Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Pizza?

meatpuppet2

I love pizza. I love Pattaya for all the pizza options although getting good cheese in Thailand can be a problem. The good stuff usually has to be imported. I would really like to see more places doing by the slice. Can't seem to find that anywhere. There used to be a cart on wanker street on that first soi where all the food is that was ok by the slice pizza. It doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Anyways, here is my take on the 3 places I have been recently.

Loaf Bakery on Soi Lenkee, NY Pizza on 3rd Rd. Globetrotters on Pattaya Klang.

Loaf bakery has nice crust and italian style (minimal sauce and cheese) which I prefer. However, their cheese is not so great imho. They must be using the cheaper local stuff. Allows them to keep the price down but the cheese makes the pizza so unfortunately I don't think I will go back. They have an all you can eat night on Tuesdays (I think) 6-9 for 200 baht which is a good deal but I personally can only eat so much pizza at one time so I wouldn't get much benefit from it.

NY Pizza is very good. Love the fact you can choose the thickness of crust. I prefer thin and somewhat crispy. Very tasty cheese and sauce. Price is very reasonable for 2 topping but gets really expensive really fast for anything more than 2 toppings. More American style where they smother on the sauce and cheese which a lot of people probably like but I don't so much. Crust is hand made but the thin one I got wasn't very crispy so it flops around when you take a slice and then your toppings are falling off and cheese is dripping everywhere. Next time i will ask for less cheese and sauce which should remedy most of that. I will ask then to try make it more crispy as well. I will return.

Globetrotters. Used to be a favorite of a lot of people. I think it has gone downhill in the last few years. They raised their prices last year so no bargain anymore and that was one of the main reasons people liked the place. They do import their cheese apparently but I'm not too crazy about it. Better than Loaf bakery cheese though. They don't really give you the option of choosing crust thickness and the cheese is too greasy for my taste. They really pile it on to which I am not a fan of. I get the feeling if I asked for less cheese they would just look at me funny and then ignore it. My impression is that it's strickly one size fits all at this place.

Anyone have any other good pizza suggestions? Anyone know of anywhere that I can get decent by the slice?

Edited by meatpuppet2

NY Pizza

Hunting for that one that makes me go WOOOOOWEEEEE!

I dont mind the one on Soi Dianna about 50 metres before LK in the sense that its edible as you're walking back to the hotel ...but making good pizza is a dying art

years and years ago the best pizza place was pizza big on naklua, it was opened by a pair of friends from italy,, the food was top shelf and teh pizzas were the best i'd tasted anywhere and i've travelled over italy...the restaurant was then taken over by another italian roberto, the food was still good but it was superb when danillo (original owner)was involved and cooking the food...i dont know what the standards are like now...last time i was over in april/may the restaurant was closed fro renovations...i'm back over soon enough so will check it out again

..might be worth a visit though

anyone else tried pizzabig recently?

there was a pizzza place called dellizza pizza or something like that in jomtien. Not cheap but the best i have had in pattaya.

however been a couple of times recently and the doors have been closed.

Little Italy on second rd

Edited by WLDS15

The best pizzas i had in Thailand , Silverlake , but that's 20km out of town so unless you got a car don't even bother .

There's a small stone-oven pizza place on Soi Exzyte that's pretty good for Italian style pizza.

Thanks. Will have to give that a try. Found the by the slice cart on Soi Diamond which is probably where it has always been. Thought it was on the food soi before that for some reason which is why I missed it before. I like their crust. Very light and fluffy.

Edited by meatpuppet2

Little Mermaid in Soi Whithouse Jomtien (end of Soi on left)

Pastas & Lasagna get the thumbs up as well

Small little place and prices are very reasonable....well worth a visit

You can buy pizza by the slice just inside soi Diamond at the Walking street end. It's heated in a microwave, the last time I tried some it was edible but not much better than that.

I've had tons of slices there. They're really great when you're drunk and need to soak up the alcohol and get some carbs.

Best pizza I've had in Pattaya is Pizza Italy (soi Xzyte). The chef is Italian and he has a wood oven and the pizza is brilliant when made by the chef. Last time I was there (last month), the chef wasn't around and it was the thai girl who was taking care of the pizza and I have to say the crust wasn't as good as it used to.

Another option is Mama's cafe on Soi 6. French chef, good pizza.

Best pizza I've had in Pattaya is Pizza Italy (soi Xzyte). The chef is Italian and he has a wood oven and the pizza is brilliant when made by the chef. Last time I was there (last month), the chef wasn't around and it was the thai girl who was taking care of the pizza and I have to say the crust wasn't as good as it used to.

Another option is Mama's cafe on soi 6. French chef, good pizza.

I tried that Pizza Italy place. Its about 100m down the soi from Oasis Gogo. Tiny place and ahhh shall we say looks kinda lived in. It was just the girls there so maybe it's better with the chef around. Pizza was not bad. I don't have many wood oven italian pizza places to compare it to though. Toppings were kinda sparse. I had hawaiian and each slice had about 1/4 slice of pineapple and about 1/2 slice of that pre sliced thin ham sandwich meat type stuff. I guess that is sort of par for the course with italian style. The crust was paper thin which I don't have a problem with but some guys might. Generally I prefer thin but bubbly and slightly crisp. It was only like that towards the edge.

The cheese and sauce were very tasty so high marks there and really, that is the most important thing. I would say if you like italian style then it's worth a try. If you prefer American style then NY Pizza is the place to go. I give the edge to NY pizza overall because you can choose the crust thickness and the thin crust is more or less italian style except you get more cheese and sauce and they gave me more toppings too. Cheese and sauce were equally tasty at both places.

You only get one size at Pizza Italy which I think is typical for italian style. It probably measures 12" but excluding all the wasted bubbly crust at the edges it's roughly equivalent to an 8" at NY Pizza in terms of how filling it would be. Hawaiian goes for about 220-230baht at both places. If you want something with more than 2 toppings the price goes up REAL fast at NY Pizza so not great value for anything with more than 2 toppings imho. Pizza Italy mostly only has 2 topping pizzas which is fairly typical for italian style I think.

Edited by meatpuppet2

Pizza Italy, that's it. Good stuff, and I agree NY Pizza House is good too--albeit a different style. Many choices is good. :D

Although a meal for two can run you close to 1,000 THB, I prefer "The Pizza Company". I kicked Pizza Hut to the curve on Beach Road.

years and years ago the best pizza place was pizza big on naklua, it was opened by a pair of friends from italy,, the food was top shelf and teh pizzas were the best i'd tasted anywhere and i've travelled over italy...the restaurant was then taken over by another italian roberto, the food was still good but it was superb when danillo (original owner)was involved and cooking the food...i dont know what the standards are like now...last time i was over in april/may the restaurant was closed fro renovations...i'm back over soon enough so will check it out again

the best pizza in thailand you can eat in naklua, name of restaurant is simply BIG PIZZA

hahah and there's an italian giving it the thumbs up...speaks volumes..i don't think you'd get an italian praising pizzahut uk

Pizza 2000 in Jomtien, View Talay 1. Small place, but delicious pizzas, and not expensive. Never had to wait more than 30 min for the delivery when I lived 3 miles from their headquarters.

For several years I ate mostly Pan Pan, Pizza Big, and Pizza by Yanni, but I recently found NY pizza and now that's pretty much all I eat unless I'm out with the wife who prefers Yanni.

I like Pizza Pizza by Yanni (except Yanni is no longer with the group) for the regular pizza types, and the pizza at Infinity restaurant at the Sheraton for the regular and more interesting types.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

La Italiano two doors up from teasers on WS is very good if you like traditional style pizzas, in oz we put anything am everything on them but the traditional Italian style is still hard to beat. Recommend it,

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

I ordered from Pizza Big about three weeks ago and it was absolutely awful. Ordered the Focaccia pizza bread with olive oil and salt.....got rock hard pita bread with nothing on it (met the garbage in a hurry). The Prosciutto Cotto didn't actually have prosciutto on it, nice surprise, I think the ham that was used was just a generic black forest ham cut into strips. Definitely wont order from there again.

Pizza tastes seem to be very personal, some like thin crust some like chicago style thick crust or deep pan. I'm a thin crust guy. For me one of the best deals is at the Holiday in on beach road. Frome 4 - 7pm the pizza is half price so 195 baht for a great pizza if you like the thinner crust style - happy hour starts at 7 pm and many beers, wine and drinks 2 for 1.

There is a place on the new Jomtien 2nd road across from the market bars called Oxford Street - 2 for 1 pizzas - pizzas thin crust - saw a calzone they had and it was huge - most expensive pizza was 290 baht most were 210 to 240 baht but all 2 for 1. beers 45 baht and air conditioned.

Best I had in my life is . Seafood supreme pizza from pizza company . I shit u not . I would pay 50 $ for the Pie now !

I always eat one or two every trip . It's fucking GOOD !

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..