IGNORED

Netbook advice reqd please

poolieblue

I am thinking of buying a 10" netbook just to bring with me when Im on holiday. I dont really want to spend alot.....i read somewhere on here that one BM had bought one off ebay for £90. Thats about all I want to pay as its only for holidays as ive got a good laptop at home.

All i want it for is to go on the internet, skype my kids back home when im in Thailand, i'll put my music and photos and other documents on.

I have seen one for £99 and just wondered if any of you know if it would be ok for what I want.......I thinkm it would but need a second opinion.

Here are the details described with the netbook......

HP Compaq Mini CQ10 10" Netbook

Intel Atom 1.6ghz processor

2 gb RAM

80 gb HD

10.1" screen

Windows 7

Excellent condition with charger

So any advice would be really appreciated.........thanks

Sounds ok if all you are doing is checking internet.

Is it wi-fi compatible/enabled? If so, make sure your hotel has free in room wi-fi too.

It's probably OK. The hard drive is a little small but it has 2 GB of RAM and the price is good. A guy in one of my IT classes had what I think was an HP netbook and wasn't too happy with it (said it was slow I think) but reviews seem favorable. Check out a few reviews first and you should be OK. A more common netbook brand like Acer or Asus might be easier to have repaired in Asia or maybe not.

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B004GXX6I0

http://reviews.cnet....333_7-1293.html

http://www.google.co...chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by CyberPro

I have a very similar one but mine is a MSI U100 Plus it has a 160gb HD I always take it to thailand for the same reason your wanting one .

I say go for it .

Cheers

PA

I have 1 main (expensive) laptop i use mostly for work

i had taught about buying a cheap netbook until i got a tablet from work..

Samsung tab 10.1 2

love it..great for media and surfing the net , pictures skype :GoldenSmile1:

just a taught, little pricy tho but cheaper than Ipad

GALAXY-Tab-2-10.1.jpg

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I had an HP mini before, you can probably get a brand new one for that budget if not a little more. They are fine for what you need to use it for. Mine died after about a year and read many similar stories so it might not last you too long.

I am thinking of buying a 10" netbook just to bring with me when Im on holiday. I dont really want to spend alot.....i read somewhere on here that one BM had bought one off ebay for £90. Thats about all I want to pay as its only for holidays as ive got a good laptop at home.

All i want it for is to go on the internet, skype my kids back home when im in Thailand, i'll put my music and photos and other documents on.

I have seen one for £99 and just wondered if any of you know if it would be ok for what I want.......I thinkm it would but need a second opinion.

Here are the details described with the netbook......

HP Compaq Mini CQ10 10" Netbook

Intel Atom 1.6ghz processor

2 gb RAM

80 gb HD

10.1" screen

Windows 7

Excellent condition with charger

So any advice would be really appreciated.........thanks

i am using my sons netbook now. its perfect for taking to thailand with hyou...nice and small so fits in the room safe and does facebook and skype brilliantly and obviously pattaya addicts which is what i am doing now.. I had 10 trips under my belt before i decided to take it, best thing i ever did.

Samsung Netbooks are decent priced and big ++ on battery backup or even you can try Asus.

Tablets are good but it can't do what windows does!

Tablet is portable & with mobile OS but netbook comes with Windows OS.

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

Thanks for all your replies. Like I say its only for my hols twice a year...........so from the advice youve given I'll probably give it a go