IGNORED

Departure Tax at Bangkok

Winthorp

I've been reading on other travel forums reports of people having to pay a Departure tax in cash before leaving Bangkok. Having flown in from London with Etihad and again this year with Emirates I've never encountered it before as the travel taxes are always included in the airfare. Or this something new this year? Or is it the B.I.B on the take again?

Used to be a cash payment on departure,getting a voucher and surrendering it on admission to the passenger area at passport control. But for a few years now it's been included in the ticket price so there's no need to shell out any extra as you leave the Kingdom

Build a man a fire,and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

The departure tax is included in the airline ticket price.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

I went earlier this year after a 5 year break. I kept some cash back ready for this. The machines have gone. It's included in your air fare now with the other taxes.

And has been 700B for some years.

• 10 years later...