IGNORED

New Motorcycle Tyres

chris2004

Anyone changed their tyres on the bike. I'm not too happy with the standard tyres on my Yamaha Nouvo Elegance. Looking to get some new Dunlops or Michelins. Any advice on what's best, where to buy and price etc. Dunlop TT900s or Michelin Pilot Sporty seems to be the ones to get.

If this is the wrong forum could the mods please move to Motor

I put a Dunlop rear on my Suzuki Hayate, far superior to OE tyre. About 900bht inc innertube from a place on 3rd Road. Yours are tubelss though I think.

Got a quote of 1900 baht each for Dunlop TT900s. Seems a bit steep for a motorcycle tyre in Thailand.

• 4 weeks later...

I take it you guys are buying locally in SEA but I am an avid North American rider that can offer a couple suggestions for touring purposes:

Michelin Pilot Road 2/3 - Great tire with good grip. Triple compound soft on outside/medium/ than hard down the middle to prolong the tire life on long straight stretches yet sticky for taking turns and corners

Bridgestone Battle Axe BT16 - same concepts as above but more geared towards the aggressive rider looking for superior grip on corners. Not great traction life due to its softer rubber compound. They have a BT18 model for touring if that more your things

Not sure if these are available there but thought I'd chip in anyway

• 1 month later...

Finally got some Michelin Pilot Sportys for my Nouvo. 2600 for both fitted. Service very good. The shop was exactly 2 kms north of Pattaya Nua on the left side of Sukumvit Road.. Well recommended.

Finally got some Michelin Pilot Sportys for my Nouvo. 2600 for both fitted. Service very good. The shop was exactly 2 kms north of Pattaya Nua on the left side of Sukumvit Road.. Well recommended.

Chris, when you have had sufficient time to evaluate them I (and I am sure) other BM would be interested in you views. Any chance you could post a short post on performance.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 2 weeks later...

I had to get a new tire for the pick-up and whilst waiting I noticed the shop had oodles of new tires for Scooters and real bikes. They have a tire changer set up to do alloy wheels for bikes. The fitter was doing a Harley pair when I got there and after that a racing slick for a sports bike. If your travelling North on Sukhumvit Rd, Naklua after you pass Bangkok Pattaya hospital it's about a kilometre or so on the left....60 metres before the next intersection with lights. They have a big Maxxis sign on the roof.

I saw some

Dunlop

Michelin

Pirelli

as well as cheaper rubber.

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"