IGNORED

legalities of a thai website

nedflanders

i've got a site i'm working on, not a forum exactly but there will be (hopefully) a lot of user interaction.

just a quick question to those of you running this site, or anyone who does something similar

how do you deal with people posting negative things about people or businesses? i know thailand has some pretty tough (some would say over the top) libel laws. and theres hundreds of photos of girls on here, most posted without their consent. do people threaten to sue? or even to break you legs??? !!!

does it all work out OK? of course the servers and company registration can be in another country. this sites been around for a long time so i guess so

anyone have any thoughts? ta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These guys here are running the website out of the US and they are probably incorporated somewhere in the world for asset (advertising, donations, distribution income etc..) protection and liability purposes. Do you really think a person who may discovers here by accident a private and/or copyrighted image can afford to go after them ..... ? Ever tried to sue Tripadvisor or any of the larger other blackmailing platforms ? The biggest problem with large forums are keeping the potential spammers out and the contents clean. But you'll discover this sooner or later too.

:Think1:

Edited by landmann

• COVID-19

Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

• Advertise on Pattaya Addicts